Trouble building QCSerial2k module with kernel 3.4.9
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Trouble building QCSerial2k module with kernel 3.4.9 Reply with quote

Here is the output:

Code:

# make
make -C /lib/modules/3.4.9-gentoo/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-3.4.9-gentoo'
  CC [M]  /usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.o
/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c: In function ‘QCInit’:
/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c:505:4: error: implicit declaration of function ‘usb_serial_register’
/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c:515:7: error: implicit declaration of function ‘usb_serial_deregister’
/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c: In function ‘__check_debug’:
/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c:551:1: warning: return from incompatible pointer type
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/qualcomm/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-3.4.9-gentoo'
make: *** [default] Error 2

I was pretty sure at first based on a quick grep that it seemed `usb_serial_register()` became `usb_serial_bus_register()` and deregister(). Changing to that function makes the code compile. It is either the wrong function or I have my kernel built incorrectly. Upon loading the module, the kernel reports usb_serial_register()/deregister() as an unknown symbol.

On the other hand, a forward declaration of usb_serial_register()/deregister() makes the code build but again, same problem: unknown symbols upon loading the module.

Does anyone know what has happened between kernel ~3.1 and 3.4.9 regarding USB serial? I'd really like to get this to build.
Tatsh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://github.com/Tatsh/cr48/blob/master/modules/Qualcomm/QCSerial2k/QCSerial2k.c

Forgot to link to this source (this is patched with the _bus_ variants of the functions but it does not work regardless).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: