Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
T-Mobile sells self to MetroPCS
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16113
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: T-Mobile sells self to MetroPCS Reply with quote

Quote:
MetroPCS is in essence taking over T-Mobile and not the other way around. [...]

for the foreseeable future they will maintain separate pools of customers. [...]

the new company plans to move customers off MetroPCS' CDMA network and on to T-Mobile's GSM frequencies for 3G service by 2015. The spectrum would then be repurposed to build out an LTE network.

Deutsche Telekom and MetroPCS agree on $1.5 billion T-Mobile merger (updated)
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1566
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkyNet
_________________
pjp wrote:
I didn't misquote you, I just misunderstood you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16113
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

Combined, they're still a distant 4th, so I think SkyNet is in the secret taps TLAs put into inaccessible closets.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 16 Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Location: Estados Unidos De América

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
T-Mobile sells self to MetroPCS
That headline makes no sense.

"T-Mobile" should read "T-Mobile USA", which is merely 20% of T-Mobile International. T-Mobile International is owned by Deutsche Telekom AG.

After the merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS, Deutsche Telekom AG will own 74% of the new company. The current shareholders of MetroPCS will own the remaining 26%.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Emerald Isles, overlooking Dublin's docklands

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
Quote:
T-Mobile sells self to MetroPCS
That headline makes no sense.

"T-Mobile" should read "T-Mobile USA", which is merely 20% of T-Mobile International. T-Mobile International is owned by Deutsche Telekom AG.

After the merger of T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS, Deutsche Telekom AG will own 74% of the new company. The current shareholders of MetroPCS will own the remaining 26%.
probably, but it might also be wishful thinking.

By Thor I hate that company so much...
_________________
"Confident, lazy, cocky, dead." -- Felix Jongleur, Otherland

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16113
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildhorse wrote:
That headline makes no sense.
Makes perfect sense if you RTFA. Titles give you enough information, which this one did. The article explains and clarifies the details.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum