View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand looking at that guy or listening to him. A shame he doesn't write (although I don't know that he's worth reading, either).

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I can't stand looking at that guy or listening to him. A shame he doesn't write (although I don't know that he's worth reading, either).

Sounds like some kind of personal issue to me (e.g., racism, homophobia, etc.). :P
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find him annoying, that's all. For starters, he needs to zoom out. I'm also not hugely interested in hearing people rant (the few times I've tried listening, that's all he seemed to do). Also, reading is better.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I just find him annoying, that's all. For starters, he needs to zoom out. I'm also not hugely interested in hearing people rant (the few times I've tried listening, that's all he seemed to do). Also, reading is better.

I see. So it's triggers subconscious memories of parental abuse. Here's this older male figure, invading your personal space and yelling angry things at you. Daddy is very angry, and we are afraid of punishment and loss of his conditional love. Is that it?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age & gender have nothing to do with it.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
pjp wrote:

I see. So it's triggers subconscious memories of parental abuse. Here's this older male figure, invading your personal space and yelling angry things at you. Daddy is very angry, and we are afraid of punishment and loss of his conditional love. Is that it?

Nah. Just that white hateful old farts should be forced to live with old hateful imams in a studio apartment.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
pjp wrote:

Nah. Just that white hateful old farts should be forced to live with old hateful imams in a studio apartment.

Since he's a Brit, he'll probably end up in an NHS-run nursing home being cared for by some incompetent, and hopefully not too vindictive, doctor from Pakistan. :lol:
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:

Sounds like the basis for a sitcom
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Prenj wrote:

Like a modern version of "All In the Family". Except instead of a hippie, the daughter would have married Achmed the engineering grad school drop-out whose student visa ran out, and the in-laws moved in too.

That would fit the American media agenda perfectly, except the network executives would add a gay son who just graduated from college and is out of work, and an illegal immigrant Hispanic housekeeper who is smarter than all of them. Instead of "Archie Bunker", the main character would be a "Joe", who runs his own small plumbing business. The diverse family members would be the comedy straight-men, and Joe would be the big joke.

Last edited by Bones McCracker on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Prenj wrote:

Give the pensioner a hammer and call it "I'm an ayatollah, get me out of here"?
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Joe would be the big joke.
Appropriate, since he is the only one working and paying taxes.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Joe would be the big joke.
Appropriate, since he is the only one working and paying taxes.

You know I think I payed more taxes in Sweden in my 15 years that most of the natives in 25. Averages incomes considered. Been called "lazy immigrant" too many times, so I left. Among other reasons.
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
Been called "lazy immigrant" too many times

By enlightened europeans?? You got to be kidding!!!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
You know I think I payed more taxes in Sweden in my 15 years that most of the natives in 25. Averages incomes considered. Been called "lazy immigrant" too many times, so I left. Among other reasons.
Uhm, OK.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigoted Anti-Islam filmmaker's name revealed: Bill Maher

Quote:
It turns out that a hate-filled movie that ridicules Islam also involved a major Obama donor Bill Maher. Our friend John Nolte of Big Hollywood and Breitbart.com writes:

"Bill Maher made a comedy/documentary called "Religulous" that's most famous for mercilessly mocking Christianity. But what people forget is that the last twenty-minutes or so of the film make a damning case against Islam. Bill Maher made a film that mocked Islam. Oh, yes, he did. Bill Maher also contributed $1 million to a pro-Obama super PAC."

Trying to appease the anti-American and anti-Semitic bigots in the Muslim world, as well as to redirect everyone's attention from their own failed policies, White House spokesman Jay Carney and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton self-righteously blamed a recently surfaced "movie" as the reason for the Muslim riots.

However, in retrospect, that cheesy and hopelessly bungling "trailer" of "the movie" had been sitting on YouTube for months without much of an impact - just like Bill Maher's well-produced, well-financed, and similarly unwatchable faith-bashing film had been out for years since its release in 2008.

Doubling down on a lie and further shifting focus away from this administration, the pro-Obama "sin-eaters" in the national media were quick to blame Israel and the Jews for "the movie" by printing unverified and false reports about "the Israeli connection."

Those reports were proven to be a lie. At the same time, Bill Maher was, and continues to be, Jewish.

John Nolte notes that, in the eyes of Obama and his team, "some anti-Islamic filmmakers are more equal than others." Apparently, in the eyes of his subservient media, some Jews are also more equal than others.

The narrative coming out of the White House boils down to this: "Our Middle East policies are sound and constructive - it's the bigoted US-made films critical of Islam that are causing Muslims to rape and murder American ambassadors."

If Obama had even a fraction of faith in his own narrative, he would have already condemned Bill Maher, returned his million dollar donation, and requested that "Religulous" be removed from Netflix, Amazon, and Blockbuster - just as he requested that Google and YouTube lose the "offensive" video.

The lack of such action is proof that Obama knows very well that in reality, Muslim unrest is caused by something more serious, sinister, and cynical than the silly, fifth-grade-level video. Namely, as many analysts and politicians agree, this organized wave of rioting is part of a continued aggressive effort by international Islamic groups to impose Sharia-compliant speech codes in Western countries, further to enable their manipulative global agenda. Finding a formal excuse is a mere technicality.

While saving face by sticking to a lie is nothing new, Obama must at least be consistent: either throw Bill Maher under the bus (as he did with many others), or admit that his support of the "Arab Spring" has been the worst foreign policy disaster since Jimmy Carter.

You can't have falafel and eat it, too, Mr. President.

“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:

he simplifies complex issues. I am not impressed at all with his tirades.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Bigoted Anti-Islam filmmaker's name revealed: Bill Maher

Quote:
It turns out that a hate-filled movie that ridicules Islam also involved a major Obama donor Bill Maher. Our friend John Nolte of Big Hollywood and Breitbart.com writes:

"Bill Maher made a comedy/documentary called "Religulous" that's most famous for mercilessly mocking Christianity. But what people forget is that the last twenty-minutes or so of the film make a damning case against Islam. Bill Maher made a film that mocked Islam. Oh, yes, he did. Bill Maher also contributed $1 million to a pro-Obama super PAC."

Trying to appease the anti-American and anti-Semitic bigots in the Muslim world, as well as to redirect everyone's attention from their own failed policies, White House spokesman Jay Carney and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton self-righteously blamed a recently surfaced "movie" as the reason for the Muslim riots.

However, in retrospect, that cheesy and hopelessly bungling "trailer" of "the movie" had been sitting on YouTube for months without much of an impact - just like Bill Maher's well-produced, well-financed, and similarly unwatchable faith-bashing film had been out for years since its release in 2008.

Doubling down on a lie and further shifting focus away from this administration, the pro-Obama "sin-eaters" in the national media were quick to blame Israel and the Jews for "the movie" by printing unverified and false reports about "the Israeli connection."

Those reports were proven to be a lie. At the same time, Bill Maher was, and continues to be, Jewish.

John Nolte notes that, in the eyes of Obama and his team, "some anti-Islamic filmmakers are more equal than others." Apparently, in the eyes of his subservient media, some Jews are also more equal than others.

The narrative coming out of the White House boils down to this: "Our Middle East policies are sound and constructive - it's the bigoted US-made films critical of Islam that are causing Muslims to rape and murder American ambassadors."

If Obama had even a fraction of faith in his own narrative, he would have already condemned Bill Maher, returned his million dollar donation, and requested that "Religulous" be removed from Netflix, Amazon, and Blockbuster - just as he requested that Google and YouTube lose the "offensive" video.

The lack of such action is proof that Obama knows very well that in reality, Muslim unrest is caused by something more serious, sinister, and cynical than the silly, fifth-grade-level video. Namely, as many analysts and politicians agree, this organized wave of rioting is part of a continued aggressive effort by international Islamic groups to impose Sharia-compliant speech codes in Western countries, further to enable their manipulative global agenda. Finding a formal excuse is a mere technicality.

While saving face by sticking to a lie is nothing new, Obama must at least be consistent: either throw Bill Maher under the bus (as he did with many others), or admit that his support of the "Arab Spring" has been the worst foreign policy disaster since Jimmy Carter.

You can't have falafel and eat it, too, Mr. President.

Hear, hear!

Obama's Ministry of Truth Strikes Again!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
I am not impressed at all with his tirades.
Thanks, I think that sums it up well.

For comparison, Louis Black's tirades have brought me to stop breathing.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
juniper wrote:
I am not impressed at all with his tirades.
Thanks, I think that sums it up well.

For comparison, Louis Black's tirades have brought me to stop breathing.

well, one is a comedian and the other is not. but one is better too.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care to listen to screaming brats in restaurants either :D

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston Herald
Quote:
Prez weaves a web of lies

A week after U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was killed in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi, President Barack Obama sent U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice out to tell us, “What happened initially was that it was a spontaneous reaction . . . as a consequence of the video, that people gathered outside the embassy and then it grew very violent.”

Actually, Mr. President . . . no. There was no “spontaneous reaction.” It was a terrorist attack, and nothing but a terrorist attack.

For two weeks, Obama’s spokesman told us that this deadly attack was just a movie review gone wrong. As Jay Carney said on Sept. 18, “We saw no evidence to back up claims by others that this was a preplanned or premeditated attack.”

Actually, Mr. President . . . no. Multiple sources confirm that your administration knew it was a “preplanned,” “premeditated attack” within 24 hours. Far from having “no evidence,” your administration had already identified a possible target for retaliation within a day of Stevens’ murder.

Last week, Obama sent Secretary of State Hillary Clinton out to say the FBI was on top of the investigation in Libya. FBI Associate Deputy Director Kevin Perkins told Congress on Sept. 19 that an investigation was underway.

Actually, Mr. President . . . no. As of this writing, no FBI agent has even arrived in Benghazi. CNN reports the “crime scene” has yet to even be secured.

And on Tuesday, Mr. President, you gave a speech at the United Nations about the violence against America, in which you mentioned YouTube a half-dozen times, but didn’t use the word “terrorist” or “terrorism” once.

Actually, Mr. President . . . that’s just pathetic.

Karl Rove just said “Mr. Obama has taken ordinary political differences beyond anything we’ve seen.”

I’m with Rove. I’ve seen “spin,” I’ve seen parsing “the definition of ‘is,’ ” but I’ve never seen anything like this avalanche of outright lies.

An Obama TV ad now claims “chances are you pay a higher tax rate than Mitt Romney.”

Actually, Mr. President . . . no.

Romney’s tax rate is a matter of record: 14.1 percent, well above the 9.1 percent effective rate of the average American. How do I know Romney’s rate? Because it’s reported — in the ad!

Given that Romney is in the top 20 percent of taxpayers, there’s an 80 percent chance you don’t pay as high a rate as he does. This isn’t “spin” or a math loophole. It’s yet another lie.

A politician who lacks the courage to keep his word is old news. What makes Obama different is that you can’t trust the words coming out of his mouth right now.

What happened in Ben-ghazi happened. What Obama told us about it, just 48 hours ago, was simply not true.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view/20220928prez_weaves_a_web_of_lies/
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is coming out.

Quote:
(Reuters) - Within hours of last month's attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, Libya, President Barack Obama's administration received about a dozen intelligence reports suggesting militants connected to al Qaeda were involved, three government sources said.

Despite these reports, in public statements and private meetings, top U.S. officials spent nearly two weeks highlighting intelligence suggesting that the attacks were spontaneous protests against an anti-Muslim film, while playing down the involvement of organized militant groups.

It was not until last Friday that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper's office issued an unusual public statement, which described how the picture that intelligence agencies presented to U.S. policymakers had "evolved" into an acknowledgement that the attacks were "deliberate and organized" and "carried out by extremists."

The existence of the early reports appears to raise fresh questions about the Obama administration's public messaging about the attack as it seeks to fend off Republican charges that the White House failed to prevent a terrorist strike that left a U.S. ambassador and three others dead.

"What we're seeing now is the picture starting to develop that it wasn't a problem with the intelligence that was given, it's what they did with the intelligence that they were given," Representative Mike Rogers, chairman of the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee, said in an interview on Tuesday.

"This picture is still a little fuzzy but it is starting to come into focus and it appears that there were, very early on, some indications that there was jihadist participation in the event," he said.

The Obama administration has strongly defended its public accounts of what happened in Benghazi, and said its understanding has evolved as additional information came in.

"At every step of the way, the administration has based its public statements on the best assessments that were provided by the intelligence community. As the intelligence community learned more information, they updated Congress and the American people on it," said White House spokesman Jay Carney.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/03/us-usa-libya-intelligence-idUSBRE89201220121003

I also heard today that there had been plenty of indication an attack was forthcoming, including several smaller attacks, bombing attempts, etc. Seems rather foolish to have been relying almost entirely on indigenous forces for security.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: