Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
.xsession-errors - how to get rid of them?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: .xsession-errors - how to get rid of them? Reply with quote

My Gnome (2.32) desktop starts up a bit slowly as default user. Testing as root it's there nearly instantly after log in. I took a look at .xsession-error to try and find out what might be causing this.
Code:

/etc/X11/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
which: no keychain in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.5.4:/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gnat-gcc-bin/4.4:/usr/libexec/gnat-gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4:/usr/games/bin)
/etc/X11/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/ssh-agent -- gnome-session
GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL=/tmp/keyring-aTGt1F
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/keyring-aTGt1F/gpg:0:1
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/tmp/keyring-aTGt1F/ssh
GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/keyring-aTGt1F/gpg:0:1
gnome-session[7345]: WARNING: Application 'sawfish.desktop' failed to register before timeout
Starting Dropbox...** Message: Initializing gksu extension...

** (nautilus:7425): WARNING **: /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension

** (process:7448): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:7448): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:7448): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

(nautilus:7425): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Done!

There are two errors I haven't found out how to remove:
* gnome-session[7345]: WARNING: Application 'sawfish.desktop' failed to register before timeout
Looks exactly like something that could cause a delay. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to make "sawfish.desktop" register before it times out.

*** (nautilus:7425): WARNING **: /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-2.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
Initializing nautilus-gdu extension
I removed the extension for now. Can't imagine why permission is denied to access that file, though.

Any help or hints?

Edit: Removing Nautilus-dropbox didn't speed things up, so I'm guessing the issue is sawfish.desktop. I'd like to keep sawfish as my window manager, so removing it isn't a real option. I'll try if it helps nevertheless.

Edit II: Using metacity as window manager indeed does the trick. This is, however, unsatisfactory since I like using sawfish.
Now it's time for the harvest
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, but it look like to be a *kit issue. You can try to put "-consolekit -polkit" in /etc/make.conf, but if you have metacity or gdm installed, this will remove them, as well than gnome.

A softer solution can be to mask >=sys-auth/polkit-0.105 in /etc/portage/package.mask

But again, I am not sure that this will solve your issue.

Policykit is just making simple things becoming very complicated. And in polkit-0.105, they hard coded a java-script interpreter in it, in the hope that it will become possible to manage it... See Masking >=sys-auth/polkit-0.106
shade304
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Drop Box extension for Nautilus "permision denied" Reply with quote

I realize this thread is way out of date, but a search for the same problem came up with this thread, so for the benefit of further searchers, as of now, the dropbox error is still present by default, but easy to fix. It's not a big deal, but after fixing the drop box folder will be properly "badged" showing up to date or working status..
The error I get is:
** (nautilus:9099): WARNING **: /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-3.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied
The solution is:
su-
chmod 755 /usr/lib64/nautilus/extensions-3.0/libnautilus-dropbox.so
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: