Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
{Solved} Everything is using -march=i686?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simba7
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: {Solved} Everything is using -march=i686? Reply with quote

I've been watching a fresh emerge on a system and have been noticing everything using -march=i686 even though I set -march=pentium4 (or pentium3).

What gives?

Last edited by Simba7 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Everything is using -march=i686? Reply with quote

Simba7 wrote:
I've been watching a fresh emerge on a system and have been noticing everything using -march=i686 even though I set -march=pentium4 (or pentium3).

I just did an install and I noticed the prototype make.conf still exists in /etc/make.conf in the stage3. Did you remove or comment out the lines in the non-used make.conf if you used the new location? I don't remember if both files included configurations.

Apologies for the double posts. The forum servers have been acting up.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.

Last edited by The Doctor on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Everything is using -march=i686? Reply with quote

[removed double post]

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.

Last edited by The Doctor on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Simba7
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Everything is using -march=i686? Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
Simba7 wrote:

I just did an install and I noticed the prototype make.conf still exists in /etc/make.conf in the stage3. Did you remove or comment out the lines in the non-used make.conf if you used the new location? I don't remember if both files included configurations.

Yes, I did. I've done this install several times and this is the first time I noticed everything using -march=i686.
Simba7
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they moved make.conf to /etc/portage instead of /etc.

The devs *might* want to put a symlink in /etc so it doesn't confuse people doing a fresh install.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: