View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: OMG!!! Obama murders a police officer! Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/09/us/florida-motorcade-officer-dies/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't people know it's vehicular homicide if you don't yield to the imperial motorcade?

Quote:
The president's thoughts and prayers are with the officer's family, according to the spokesman.

According to the spokesman. :roll:

He was martyred for the Democrat cause. He'll get 27 interns in heaven.
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Obama gets a bear hug Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19540196
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Love probably is upset about his guy hanging out with bears.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Muso wrote:
A visual presentation of Obama's speech

That's excellent. It should also be holding another sign that says, "Republicans want to raise taxes!"

++

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/09/08/1129069/-Animal-Nuz-113
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Bush had us headed toward 50% unemployment! Obama has to work within the Constitution, or we'd be in Shangri-La by now! Fortunately, he'll have more flexibility in a couple of months.

Does obama really deserve the blame for the recession? really? I am not one of those that blames Bush for everything, but a lot of this has to do with the business cycle and a bad recession. do name another leader who has gotten his country out of such a big recession more quickly (keep in mind he is also pinned down by external factors. the world economy isn't throwing him a bone).
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
You didn't read that.

definitely not.

you didn't study hard in school. you didn't take the easy route with that communications / humanities / underwater basketweaving degree. you didn't ever take a minimum wage job.

the democrats and the middle class studied for you and it took all your really hard exams, and teleport food into your stomach so you don't have to get a job.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Obama pizza bromance Reply with quote

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/sep/10/obama-bear-hug-pizza-video
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupe.
aidanjt
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Does obama really deserve the blame for the recession? really? I am not one of those that blames Bush for everything, but a lot of this has to do with the business cycle and a bad recession. do name another leader who has gotten his country out of such a big recession more quickly (keep in mind he is also pinned down by external factors. the world economy isn't throwing him a bone).

Not to mention an actively hostile Republican congress going out of its way to frustrate his every effort and make him look bad. Remember the debt ceiling debacle and the resulting credit rating downgrade? Of course Obama is to blame for that, too.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aidanjt wrote:
juniper wrote:

Not to mention an actively hostile Republican congress going out of its way to frustrate his every effort and make him look bad. Remember the debt ceiling debacle and the resulting credit rating downgrade? Of course Obama is to blame for that, too.

I see a lot of blame on Obama for the ENTIRE mess. Some of it is his fault, some of it is his predecessors fault, and some of it is a bad recession and the trough of a business cycle. But haters will hate. That's the only way I can explain this love affair with Romney.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect much given the source, but that was just pathetic.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Does obama really deserve the blame for the recession? really?
I don't believe I've ever blamed him for it. But his leadership and policy choices have had an impact on the recovery. I believe his focus on legacy was the wrong thing to do at the wrong time, and we're suffering for that poor leadership decision. Democrat party leadership also deserves a lot of the blame for how they chose to legislate. Pelosi makes for an excellent example: "we can't know what's in it until we pass it."

That kind of behavior only serves to push the pendulum higher. It will swing back. If Obama is reelected, 2016 or 2020 will be a doozy. I'd really rather not live under Sha^H^H^H Evangelical Law as a result of his / their arrogance.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Obama > Great Depression Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
What has he accomplished? Almost nothing of any importance. What has he fucked up? He tried to juggle a lot of big balls, and he dropped every single one of them. The economic recovery, the war in Afghanistan, Guantanamo and human rights, climate change, health care reform... the oil spill.. all fucked up. That, and a laundry list of broken promises and lies (transparency, bi-partisanship, lobbyist influence, campaign finance reform, improved financial regulation, green energy, etc., etc., etc.).

"Yeah, but he killed bin Laden." :roll:

Haha. Pretty much.

Even my partisan grandfather would agree. 8)
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I didn't expect much given the source, but that was just pathetic.

the animal nuz is a more reliable news source than <generic 'right-wing' news source>
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Al Qaeda guy killed and Obama does not take credit (yet) Reply with quote

Yemen is saying it has killed a high-ranking al Qaeda leader. The press aren't sure what to make of it, because Obama has not followed the normal procedure of, dick in hand, taking personal credit for the killing and leaking classified information about the operation (or prematurely ejaculating said information and messing up the operation before it can be carried out).
Quote:
Yemen says key al-Qaeda chief Said al-Shihri killed

Said al-Shihri, described as the second-in-command of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), has been killed in an operation in southern Yemen, government officials say.

Al-Shihri was reportedly killed with six others in the Hadramawt area.

Some reports say Yemeni troops were involved, others that it was an air strike, possibly a US drone attack.

Al-Shihri, a Saudi national, was released by the US from detention in Guantanamo Bay in 2007.

Yemen has previously announced it had killed al-Shihri and his death this time has not been confirmed.

The Yemeni army has been fighting Islamist militants in the south of the country for months.

Quote:
Official sources in Yemen told the BBC the death occurred in an air raid in the Wadi Ain area of Hadramawt.

Military sources, however, said they had no information on the death and refused to confirm it. But the sources did confirm the area was subject to air raids.

It is not the first time that Said al-Shihri has been reported killed, but if confirmed it would be an important scalp for the Yemeni government in its US-backed campaign against al-Qaeda.

Since Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi became president in February, that fight has intensified - with major gains made in driving al-Qaeda and Islamic extremists linked to the group out of towns they had seized in southern Yemen.

Al-Shihri himself is a well-known figure. He was detained in Guantanamo Bay for many years after being captured in fighting in Afghanistan. But he was released back to his native Saudi Arabia in 2007. He went through a Saudi rehabilitation programme for Islamic militants.

But his decision two years later to go to Yemen to join al-Qaeda's jihadist fight raised questions in the US about the risks of releasing prisoners from Guantanamo back to their home countries. Since then, al-Shihri is reported to have been involved in the kidnapping of foreigners in Yemen.

Separate Yemeni sources said another Saudi and an Iraqi national were among the other people killed in the operation, which took place last Wednesday.

Yemeni defence ministry officials told Associated Press that the militants killed were travelling in a car and that it was hit by a missile believed to have been fired by a US drone, although this has not been confirmed.

Other reports say the operation was carried out by the Yemeni military.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19547768
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol if you believe that.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: [4thBranch] Roll Out the Good News: All Hail Dear Leader Reply with quote

U.S. has earned $12.4 billion from investment in AIG: Treasury

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:applause:
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Government Accountability Office estimated in May that taxpayers could make a profit of $15.1 billion on the bailout. But to get to that figure, the Treasury will need to sell the rest of its shares at closer to $39 apiece.

Yeah, and they're also conveniently not mentioning that, for an investment of $411 billion over 4 years, that sucks ass. What would you say if somebody made you invest $411.00 for four years just to earn $15.00?

So now we're only out about $70 Billion in taxpayer money, plus the opportunity cost (which is probably about $160 billion).
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is that the "War on Terror" (or WOT for short) over, or is it just another Hydra noggin in the "War Against Mythical Beasts And Minons" (or WAMBAM for short.)

Fuck the Axis of Evil, time to power up the Gearbox of Beelzebub and enter the Metaphor of Kickarsery!

Last edited by sikpuppy on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's invade Pakistan.

notageek wrote:
Yes.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to start preparing for the Chinese. Start stocking an old abandoned mine shaft up in the inland mountains. Drill a well. Stock guns, ammo, gas mask filters, canned food, and antibiotics.
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
You need to start preparing for the Chinese. Start stocking an old abandoned mine shaft up in the inland mountains. Drill a well. Stock guns, ammo, gas mask filters, canned food, and antibiotics.

Nah, the Indonesian's are closer and far more problematic.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: