Nvidia GPU not scaling properly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
northsidetouch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Nvidia GPU not scaling properly Reply with quote

I have been having a problem with my Nvidia GT-9600 graphics card no longer scaling youtube and other web content.

I am currently using a twinview setup for my dual monitors. When I use a program such as VLC full screen works fine and scales across a single screen perfectly.
However any youtube or viemo vidoe will have the image set to the right of the first screen and be completely cut off on the second screen instead of scaling properly across a single screen.

I have played around with the scaling options in nvidia-settings and still get the same problem. I am using the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers package.
kimmie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is flash issue rather than an nvidia one. Or maybe a combination of flash version and nvidia driver version.

If you are using www-client/google-chrome, you may have better luck with PPAPI built-in flash rather than netscape API flash (go to chrome://plugins and enable/disable one of the flashes).

Regardless of your browser, you can also try right clicking in flash windows and enabling/disabling hardware acceleration in the options. You can also try tweaking /etc/adobe/mss.cfg as described in http://r3dux.org/2011/12/how-to-partially-workaround-adobe-flash-plugin-issues-on-linux/

If it used to work and you recently updated nvidia-drivers, you could try an earlier driver version.
northsidetouch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Update: Reply with quote

It looks like this is an issue with google-chrome. I tried watching the same videos in firefox and it scaled correctly.
kimmie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the same thing in google-chrome with PPAPI flash, but not with NPAPI flash. Likely it's a flash 11.2 vs 11.3 issue.

Another work-around for youtube in chrome is to enter the HTML5 trial... although I believe that will only help on youtube itself and not necessarily for every single vid. http://www.youtube.com/html5
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: