Failing to emerge gettext-0.18.1.1-(any) [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keba
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Failing to emerge gettext-0.18.1.1-(any) [solved] Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to emerge gettext on a fresh install. It keeps failing and I can't find out why/what to do. I've been trying for 3 days. Can anyone help? The error message is below. Thanks in advance. Keba

Code:

i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -DBISON_LOCALEDIR=\"\" -DLOCALE_ALIAS_PATH=\"/usr/share/local
=0 -DGETTEXTJEXEDIR=\"/usr/lib/gettext\" -DGETTEXTJAR=\"/usr/share/gettext/gettext.jar\" -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/lib\" -DGETTEXTDATADIR=
PROJECTSDIR=\"/usr/share/gettext/projects\" -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libgrep -I../gnulib-lib -I../gnulib
ttext-runtime/intl -DINSTALLDIR=\"/usr/lib/gettext\"   -O2 -march=pentium-m -msse2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -c -o urlget-urlge
| echo './'`urlget.c
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99  -O2 -march=pentium-m -msse2 -pipe -fomit-frame-poin
ulib-lib/libgettextlib.la  -lc   -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -o libgettextsrc.la -rpath /usr/lib message.lo po-error.lo po-xerror.lo
 po-lex.lo po-gram-gen.lo po-charset.lo read-po.lo read-properties.lo read-stringtable.lo open-catalog.lo dir-list.lo str-list.l
o write-catalog.lo write-properties.lo write-stringtable.lo write-po.lo msgl-ascii.lo msgl-iconv.lo msgl-equal.lo msgl-cat.lo ms
.lo msgl-check.lo file-list.lo msgl-charset.lo po-time.lo plural-exp.lo plural-eval.lo plural-table.lo format.lo format-c.lo for
o format-lisp.lo format-elisp.lo format-librep.lo format-scheme.lo format-java.lo format-csharp.lo format-awk.lo format-pascal.l
l.lo format-perl.lo format-perl-brace.lo format-php.lo format-gcc-internal.lo format-gfc-internal.lo format-qt.lo format-qt-plur
t-boost.lo   
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99  -O2 -march=pentium-m -msse2 -pipe -fomit-frame-poin
ded -o recode-sr-latin recode_sr_latin-recode-sr-latin.o recode_sr_latin-filter-sr-latin.o ../gnulib-lib/libgettextlib.la   
libtool: link: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -O2 -march=pentium-m -msse2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wl,-O1 -o .libs/recode-s
ecode-sr-latin.o recode_sr_latin-filter-sr-latin.o  -Wl,--as-needed ../gnulib-lib/.libs/libgettextlib.so -L/usr/lib -lacl -lc -l
libtool: link: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -std=gnu99 -shared  .libs/message.o .libs/po-error.o .libs/po-xerror.o .libs/read-catalog-a
.libs/po-gram-gen.o .libs/po-charset.o .libs/read-po.o .libs/read-properties.o .libs/read-stringtable.o .libs/open-catalog.o .li
ist.o .libs/read-catalog.o .libs/color.o .libs/write-catalog.o .libs/write-properties.o .libs/write-stringtable.o .libs/write-po
bs/msgl-iconv.o .libs/msgl-equal.o .libs/msgl-cat.o .libs/msgl-header.o .libs/msgl-english.o .libs/msgl-check.o .libs/file-list.
ibs/po-time.o .libs/plural-exp.o .libs/plural-eval.o .libs/plural-table.o .libs/format.o .libs/format-c.o .libs/format-sh.o .lib
ormat-lisp.o .libs/format-elisp.o .libs/format-librep.o .libs/format-scheme.o .libs/format-java.o .libs/format-csharp.o .libs/fo
ascal.o .libs/format-ycp.o .libs/format-tcl.o .libs/format-perl.o .libs/format-perl-brace.o .libs/format-php.o .libs/format-gcc-
fc-internal.o .libs/format-qt.o .libs/format-qt-plural.o .libs/format-kde.o .libs/format-boost.o   -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/var/tmp/porta
.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1/gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/.libs ../gnulib-lib/.libs/libgettextlib.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin
lncurses -lc -Wl,--as-needed  -march=pentium-m -msse2 -Wl,-O1   -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgettextsrc-0.18.1.so -o .libs/libgettextsrc-0
/usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libgettextsrc.la] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1/gettext-tools/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1/gettext-tools'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1/gettext-tools'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
emake failed
 * ERROR: sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3 failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed
 * Call stack:
 *          ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *        environment, line 4416:  Called _eapi2_src_compile
 *   phase-helpers.sh, line  573:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              emake || die "emake failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3'`.
!!! When you file a bug report, please include the following information:
GENTOO_VM=  CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME=""
JAVACFLAGS="" COMPILER=""
and of course, the output of emerge --info
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3/work/gettext-0.18.1.1'

Last edited by keba on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The block you've pasted is too messed up to be significantly usable...
But chances are it's as simple as "are you running from SystemRescueCD ?".
keba
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am running from SystemRescueCD, and I chrooted into the system. Thought it would be easier because I could easily graphically configure my wifi. Are you saying I should use the gentoo minimal CD instead?
keba
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the gentoo minimal-CD works! Thanks a lot for the hint. Too bad SysRescueCD doesn't work... Why is that?
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keba ...

I run into a similar problem with sysrescuecd some months back (it may also have been with gettext, but I can't be sure). The solution was to run "unset path" within the chroot. Sysrescuecd uses zsh as the default shell, and zsh has an array for $PATH called $path, for some reason this causes some builds to fail (probably as the zsh variable $path is space delimited and $PATH is colon delimited).

There is a thread with the gettext (and other package) issues here

best ... khay
mattin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx a lot khayyam. Was messing with a Sysrescuecd and this issue confused the hell out of me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: