Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renkinjutsu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingfame_147 wrote:
Sure you can mount any multi device btrfs if you tell the mount cmd all devices belonging to the filesystem. Something like

Code:
mount -o device=/dev/sdb,device=/dev/sdc,device=/dev/sdd,device=/dev/sde /dev/sdb /mnt

This works at any time when you have the mount command available. E.g. you can put that into your grub rootflags like

Code:
rootflags=subvol=@root,device=/dev/sdb,device=/dev/sdc,device=/dev/sdd,device=/dev/sde

No bug at all, like I said before :) Ofc this isn't as handy as just mount /dev/sdb, but then you need the "btrfs device scan".

It's mentioned that it could be mounted using Labels or UUID as well. Would the -o device=... still be necessary in this case?
kingfame_147
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The uuid or label just uses the links at /dev/disk/by-uuid or /dev/disk/by-label. Therefore it still only points to a single device, that won't help. I don't know to which device of the multi device btrfs it points, but it's only one.
jenkler
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Dont work Reply with quote

kingfame_147 wrote:
Sure you can mount any multi device btrfs if you tell the mount cmd all devices belonging to the filesystem. Something like

Code:
mount -o device=/dev/sdb,device=/dev/sdc,device=/dev/sdd,device=/dev/sde /dev/sdb /mnt

This works at any time when you have the mount command available. E.g. you can put that into your grub rootflags like

Code:
rootflags=subvol=@root,device=/dev/sdb,device=/dev/sdc,device=/dev/sdd,device=/dev/sde

No bug at all, like I said before :) Ofc this isn't as handy as just mount /dev/sdb, but then you need the "btrfs device scan".

I can't this to work, do i need the @root and what is that ??

Here is som screenshoots of my issue

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-910686-highlight-btrfs.html
kingfame_147
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The @root is just the name of a subvolume. What you normally do with btrfs:

Create a filesystem and then add subvolumes like @root, @etc, @var... Then you mount @root to /, @etc to /etc, @var to /var... Then you can snapshot and rollback the single subvolumes independently
spartak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adding rootdelay=10 solved the issue with trying to boot an raid1 btrfs root partition
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: