Package size mismatch in Stockfish overlay
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Package size mismatch in Stockfish overlay Reply with quote

I installed layman and add the Sabayon overlay. Trying to install Stockfisk, emerge tell me that there a mismatch when it try to validate the size of /usr/portage/distfiles/stockfish-2.1.1.zip. This is the full path to the only ebuild available: /var/lib/layman/sabayon/games-board/stockfish/stockfish-2.1.1.ebuild. Can I install Stockfish using a Gentoo package manager? I would prefer that to the manual method.
dol-sen
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you should do is verify that the sources you have are actually correct. If they are not, the package manager is doing it's job, telling you it does not match.
If the sources are correct and the manifest value is wrong, then it can be corrected so the package manager will install it.

Code:
ebuild path/to/ebuild/pkg-ver.ebuild manifest

Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you for your answer dol-sen.

I haven't try to modify the Sabayon overlay Stockfish ebuild. Instead, I add the hawking overlay to be able to install Polyglot: 'UCI adapter to connect a UCI chess engine to an xboard interface'. I compiled the Stockfish source code to get it engine. It is a good workaround. I can update the source code from git and not wait the ebuild of the latest version.

It is not easy to use Xboard with polyglot and a chess engine. First, I set the CHESSDIR='~/.xboard' environment variable for the Polyglot ini files. The command line I use is
Code:
xboard -autoDisplayComment false -autoDisplayTags false -blackPieceColor darkred -clockFont -misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-80-iso8859-15 -fcp 'polyglot polyglot_1st.ini' -font -misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-120-75-75-c-80-iso8859-15 -size Bulky -scp 'polyglot polyglot_2nd.ini' -tc 5 -whitePieceColor lightyellow
'
The contain of polyglot_1st.ini andpolyglot_2nd.ini is
Code:
[Polyglot]
EngineDir = .
EngineCommand = stockfish
Book = true
BookFile = book.bin
[Engine]
Hash = 128
Limit = 12
OwnBook = false
Threads = 2

Because Stockfish is one of the best chess engine in the world licensed GPL-3, it deserve attention !
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: