View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Rather odd jEdit problem Reply with quote

I've recently been trying out every code editor I can get my hands on, searching for that one "perfect match" :lol: I've pretty much settled on jEdit (every other editor in the portage tree has at least one thing that annoys the heck out of me), but it's recently developed some very odd behavior.

The file browser window seems to decrement it's vertical size every time it's opened -- I'll set it to 400 in the config file, and it'll slowly work its way down by about 20 pixels at a time. After five or six uses, it becomes so small as to be unusable; I then have to exit, change the value back in my config file, and then restart it.

I've tried using both Blackdown and Sun VMs (currently using Sun) and both the stable and development versions of jEdit. I haven't emerged it as that always seems to fail, and instead use the java-based installer available at jedit.org. At one point (when I was using blackdown), the file browser (seemingly) randomly set its dimensions to 0x0, necessitating the removal of my ~/.jedit directory. Can anyone offer some insight as to what's going on? :?
---END GEEK CODE BLOCK---
AutoBot
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this would seem more like a jedit issue, I would email Slava Pestov and give him the details.

slava@jedit.org
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: