crossdev issue with perl-5.10.1 for arm
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phoenix_me
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: crossdev issue with perl-5.10.1 for arm Reply with quote

I am trying to build perl-5.10.1 for arm but have the following error:
Code:

I used the command:

armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o try -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/ -I/usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/include/ -DOVR_DBL_DIG=14 -DDEBUGGING -L/usr/local/lib try.c -lpthread -lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc -lgdbm_compat
         ./try

and I got the following output:

/bin/sh: ./try: cannot execute binary file
The program compiled OK, but exited with status 126.
You have a problem.  Shall I abort Configure [y] 
Ok.  Stopping Configure.

I am stuck and don't know where to look for resolution.
___
spielc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: crossdev issue with perl-5.10.1 for arm Reply with quote

Hi!

phoenix_me wrote:
Code:

I used the command:

armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o try -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/include/ -I/usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/include/ -DOVR_DBL_DIG=14 -DDEBUGGING -L/usr/local/lib try.c -lpthread -lnsl -lgdbm -ldb -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lc -lgdbm_compat
         ./try

Ok.  Stopping Configure.

That's actually not a crossdev-issue. The problem is that perl is one of the hardest things to cross-compile. Quite alot of ppl tried (including myself) but gave up on it. I usually install a binary-version of perl from the gentoo tinderbox.
phoenix_me
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: crossdev issue with perl-5.10.1 for arm Reply with quote

spielc wrote:
Hi!

phoenix_me wrote:
Code:

I used the command:

./try

Ok.  Stopping Configure.

That's actually not a crossdev-issue. The problem is that perl is one of the hardest things to cross-compile. Quite alot of ppl tried (including myself) but gave up on it. I usually install a binary-version of perl from the gentoo tinderbox.

I gave up not because I gave up but because I just don't have time anymore to resolve this one. Anyway under your link there is no perl for my architecture.
What I did finally - I just compiled a perl on target arch.

regards
___
spielc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: crossdev issue with perl-5.10.1 for arm Reply with quote

phoenix_me wrote:

I gave up not because I gave up but because I just don't have time anymore to resolve this one. Anyway under your link there is no perl for my architecture.
What I did finally - I just compiled a perl on target arch.

regards

hmm now i wonder what this is? http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/arm/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/stable/dev-lang/perl-5.12.3-r1.tbz2 or http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/default-linux/arm/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/unstable/dev-lang/perl-5.12.4-r1.tbz2 ;) I think one of the two might be the right one for you.... but as you compiled it yourself anyway no need to nitpick from my side, just wanted to show you the right place to look for stuff...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: