SBC/Ameritech DSL Modem Died
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: SBC/Ameritech DSL Modem Died Reply with quote

Well I had this dsl modem from SBC Ameritech. Things were working alright. Last night I replaced my Redhat Firewall/Router/Gateway with my Gentoo Firewall/Router/Gateway. I was all ready to go, and but when I turned the DSL modem on I got the red SYS light indicating a modem failure. Nothing I could do over the course of the next 4 hours changed that.

So I need a new DSL modem, and I need it fast. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of something I can pick up at my local Best Buy or Circuit City today. Obvious qualification is it needs to work with SBC/Ameritech A/DSL and have an ethernet out.

Help?
ghost_o
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: SBC/Ameritech DSL Modem Died Reply with quote

rizzo wrote:
Well I had this dsl modem from SBC Ameritech. Things were working alright. Last night I replaced my Redhat Firewall/Router/Gateway with my Gentoo Firewall/Router/Gateway. I was all ready to go, and but when I turned the DSL modem on I got the red SYS light indicating a modem failure. Nothing I could do over the course of the next 4 hours changed that.

So I need a new DSL modem, and I need it fast. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of something I can pick up at my local Best Buy or Circuit City today. Obvious qualification is it needs to work with SBC/Ameritech A/DSL and have an ethernet out.

Help?

You will get a much faster answer at www.dslreports.com

-G
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though the post does involve networking, this is more directly related to hardware.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: