hunspell, aspell vs emacs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: hunspell, aspell vs emacs Reply with quote

I have seen on various forums that emacs can use hunspell as a spellchecker. As yet, I use aspell for emacs, and hunspell for firefox and OpenOffice. I tried to add a string setq ispell-program-name "hunspell" to my .emacs, but in my case it hanged up emacs session completely.

Does it make sense to use a single spellchecker for: emacs, firefox, OpenOffice etc? If so, howto set up this on gentoo? At the current state I must have installed at least two dictionaries (!) for each language, e.g. aspell-pl for emacs, and myspell-pl (hunspell) for firefox and OpenOffice. I use kdebase-meta-4.6 as a desktop and utf-8 as a default codding.

Edit: My problem of spellchecker for emacs on new comp has solved itself since I have decided to emerge inkscape being depent on aspell for my default USE="spell". By the way, emacs should be dependent in the same manner on "spell" as inkscape. Otherwise, calling spell checker in emacs without aspell the emacs session hangs up.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: