HELP! consolekit/dbus/udev/hal/...?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guayasil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: HELP! consolekit/dbus/udev/hal/...? Reply with quote

The problem is quite strange:
I'm using Gentoo as an XFCE workstation on all my (three) notebooks, the configuration of all of them is almost the same and no problems occur. I was requested to upgrade other GNOME+XFCE Gentoo workstation. I set the same use flags (global and local ones), the same keywords and installed similar packages. I did 'emerge -pvDuN world'. Then necessary adjustments. Then 'etc-update'. Then 'revdep-rebuild'. Then 'emerge -e system' and 'emerge -e world'. NO PROBLEMS during the whole process. The same services. The same groups. The station should work the same as my notebooks. It is not. Both desktop environments don't work as expected :-( There are two problems:

1. (a minor one): I don't need: "cat 'exec ck-launch-session startxfce4' > ~/.xinitrc" on my notebooks. On this 'faulty' one: GNOME doesn't require it while XFCE without it disables most log-off options. I'm trying to trace the difference. I found nothing :-(

2. (a major one): When I plug my USB pendrive both XFCE and GNOME completely ignore it (in fact they ignore all other partitions on all disks). According to logs everything is OK. I can mount it manually. Packages seem to be the same. May I ask for any tips how to trace what may be wrong? Any logs and files on request.

Oups! There is one big difference:
I compile the kernels for my notebooks manually, while for that workstation it is partially genkernelled...
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does 'mounting manually' refers to 'using 'udisks --mount'', cause that plain 'mount' works
says only that the kernel sees the device.
Guayasil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found it! Of course on this Forum (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-858965.html):

Quote:
Entries in /etc/fstab *conflict* with sys-fs/udisks. For example, if you want your cdrom to be handled by udisks (and file manager supporting it, like nautilus, pcmanfm or Thunar) you should *remove entries* related to it from /etc/fstab.
tomk
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Duplicate Threads, please follow up to Tips, and tricks for ConsoleKit/PolicyKit/udev, without hal.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: