Mozilla & the dreaded "Select User Profile" lo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miaowara
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:56 am    Post subject: Mozilla & the dreaded "Select User Profile" lo Reply with quote

I know several other people who have had this problem:

You try to start up Mozilla but you get the "Select User Profile" window and no matter what you do, the only way to open Mozilla is by making a new profile (which can suck after weeks/months/years of personal tweaking).

As long as you don't actually have another Mozilla running somewhere (maybe ps -A | grep mozilla just to make sure), your profile is most likely locked (usually caused by unpleasant shutdowns).

To unlock it you must get rid of the lock file that is preventing you from getting to your uber-customized profile. Not a difficult task. The file you are looking for is called "lock" and is in your ~/.mozilla folder (I found mine at ~/.mozilla/default/u02goekd.slt/lock).

When you have located it, just rm lock and that should be the end of it!

If you have trouble finding it or if you have different folders than what mine are called (who knows) just do a #updatedb && locate lock | grep mozilla (or the like) to find it.

That SHOULD take care of it... :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: