mysql compile error , unrecognized options:-with-plugindir
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partysoft
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: mysql compile error , unrecognized options:-with-plugindir Reply with quote

plugin-ndbcluster,

emerged
=dev-db/mysql-5.1.46
=virtual/mysql-5.1

gentoo # emerge -av mysql
[ebuild R ] dev-db/mysql-5.1.46 USE="community extraengine perl ssl -big-tables -cluster -debug -embedded -latin1 -max-idx-128 -minimal -pbxt -profiling (-selinux) -static -test -xtradb" 0 k

and got the following error

configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-plugindir, --without-plugin-example, --without-plugin-ibmdb2i, --without-

so i can't enable the extraengines because the federated engine for example, is a plugin, so the plugins options weren't enabled

Please help!
kadrim
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i had the same Problems and found nothing here or on google i will post my way of activating the Federated Engine on Mysql (currently dev-db/mysql-5.1.51).

1) emerge mysql with the USE-Flag "extraengine"
2) start your mysql server without changing the default options (i.e. don't try appending commands to the mysqld etc. This is not the way to do it!)
3) open up a mysql CLI
4) Type this query:

Code:

INSTALL PLUGIN federated SONAME 'ha_federated.so';

This will tell mysql to load the federated plugin on every start of the server

5) edit your my.cnf to tell the server to actually activate the "federated" plugin as soon as it is loaded.

Code:

[mysqld]
character-set-server            = utf8
user                                            = mysql
port                                            = 3306
socket                                          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
pid-file                                        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
log-error                                       = /var/log/mysql/mysqld.err
basedir                                         = /usr
datadir                                         = /var/lib/mysql
skip-external-locking

federated

In my installation it was crucial to add the "federated" Parameter not too early in the mysqld-section.

6) restart your mysql server

You should now see the federated engine as soon as you run the query within a mysql cli

Code:

SHOW ENGINES;

Output:

Code:

mysql> SHOW ENGINES;
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine     | Support | Comment                                                        | Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great performance         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| FEDERATED  | YES     | Federated MySQL storage engine                                 | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE  | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV        | YES     | CSV storage engine                                             | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage engine                                         | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables                          | NO           | NO   | NO         |
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: