Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Zen-Kernel Discussion/Support Thread - Part 4
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cach0rr0
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 13 Nov 2008
Posts: 4121
Location: Houston, Republic of Texas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
cach0rr0, you tried it with

pci=nomsi

or

pci=nommconf


that i have not. After I made that post I went and updated my BIOS, which went smoothly enough - it was very old, but the idea of updating a BIOS always scares me a bit. So I had been avoiding it, but well, turns out it was a few *years* old. Neat! So that's done.

Many thanks for those tidbits, if the bios update did not sort it, I will try those (time to google around for an explanation of each! - ah wait, first hit on google explains it , cool, so that's what MSI stands for)
_________________
Lost configuring your system?
dump lspci -n here | see Pappy's guide | Link Stash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mbar
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 1952
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happens for me on .34-zen1:
Code:
  LD      drivers/built-in.o
  LD      vmlinux.o
  MODPOST vmlinux.o
WARNING: modpost: Found 1 section mismatch(es).
To see full details build your kernel with:
'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  UPD     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
net/built-in.o: In function `br_multicast_stop':
(.text+0xb00ec): undefined reference to `rcu_barrier_bh'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Błąd 1


any hints? .config is the same as was for .33-zen3


EDIT: CONFIG_BRIDGE_IGMP_SNOOPING is the culprit, foud that in "part 3" thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aTan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 134
Location: Czech Republic (Ukraine)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a custom flags patch for 2.6.34? The old one doesn't fit.
patching file Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 324.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 349 with fuzz 2 (offset 8 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 612 (offset 10 lines).
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file Makefile.rej
patching file init/Kconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 927 with fuzz 2 (offset 196 lines).

UPD: Looks like 2.6.34 already has this option. Hmm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Location: Central Washington

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a .34-zen1 kernel and it panics on boot because it cant find root. It appears to throw up 3 or 4 backtraces before that point, but they are going by so fast I have no way of reading them.
I used make oldconfig on my .33-zen3 config. Any ideas?
_________________
"Sarah" - AMD Athlon X2 4450B 45W, 4GB DDR2-667, 120GB, (Gentoo Hardened amd64; gcc-4.6.3; 3.9.9-hardened)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Posts: 1558

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aTan wrote:
UPD: Looks like 2.6.34 already has this option. Hmm.

Yes

Colt45 wrote:

Post a .config and a emerge --info and what FS are you using as root, etc?
_________________
IRC!: #zen-sources on irc.rizon.net
zen-kernel.org
--
Lost in android development land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Location: Central Washington

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:

Colt45 wrote:

Post a .config and a emerge --info and what FS are you using as root, etc?


http://sarah.colt45.ws/emerge.xps.log
http://sarah/config-2.6.34-zen1
Im using btrfs.
_________________
"Sarah" - AMD Athlon X2 4450B 45W, 4GB DDR2-667, 120GB, (Gentoo Hardened amd64; gcc-4.6.3; 3.9.9-hardened)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

using 2.6.35-rc4-zen1 now

SLQB seems to work well (again), too

besides slqb and CONFIG_CRYPTO_PCRYPT afaik I'm currently not using anything exotic

reiser4 (as a module) and LZF/LZO support compiled fine - thanks !
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ponciarello
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 22 Jul 2008
Posts: 223
Location: beach of slack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spotted the start of project zendroid 8O

great news for my tattoo :D tnx again also for this :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broch
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Posts: 94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.6.35-rc4-zen1

compiles just fine but two things seems to be broken:
1) ath9k
with dhcpcd timing out (confirmed on vanilla 2.6.35-rc4)
2) tuxonice
when trying tohibernate system hangs at "Doing atomic copy/restore" . Hybernate is nor reliable but issue is related to intel video problem (well known): system hibernates/resumes just fine but freezes after a while with intel video errors. I was hoping that 2.6.35-rc will fix this, unfortunately I can't test this as it seems that tuxonice is broken.

This is netbook with Atom n450/video Intel GMA 3150/2GB RAM
I am using the same config file as with 2.6.34-zen1 where ath9k works.

thanks

note:
I see that unstable zen is adding mysterious + at the end of the kernel name. This is the case for two different (no cpopied config) systems. ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broch wrote:
2.6.35-rc4-zen1

compiles just fine but two things seems to be broken:
1) ath9k
with dhcpcd timing out (confirmed on vanilla 2.6.35-rc4)
2) tuxonice
when trying tohibernate system hangs at "Doing atomic copy/restore" . Hybernate is nor reliable but issue is related to intel video problem (well known): system hibernates/resumes just fine but freezes after a while with intel video errors. I was hoping that 2.6.35-rc will fix this, unfortunately I can't test this as it seems that tuxonice is broken.

This is netbook with Atom n450/video Intel GMA 3150/2GB RAM
I am using the same config file as with 2.6.34-zen1 where ath9k works.

thanks

note:
I see that unstable zen is adding mysterious + at the end of the kernel name. This is the case for two different (no cpopied config) systems. ?


I get this too - I thought it was an issue caused by genkernel :lol:
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Waninkoko
Guru
Guru


Joined: 13 May 2005
Posts: 549

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
broch wrote:
2.6.35-rc4-zen1

compiles just fine but two things seems to be broken:
1) ath9k
with dhcpcd timing out (confirmed on vanilla 2.6.35-rc4)
2) tuxonice
when trying tohibernate system hangs at "Doing atomic copy/restore" . Hybernate is nor reliable but issue is related to intel video problem (well known): system hibernates/resumes just fine but freezes after a while with intel video errors. I was hoping that 2.6.35-rc will fix this, unfortunately I can't test this as it seems that tuxonice is broken.

This is netbook with Atom n450/video Intel GMA 3150/2GB RAM
I am using the same config file as with 2.6.34-zen1 where ath9k works.

thanks

note:
I see that unstable zen is adding mysterious + at the end of the kernel name. This is the case for two different (no cpopied config) systems. ?


I get this too - I thought it was an issue caused by genkernel :lol:


What u guys mean? Where that's happening?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waninkoko wrote:
kernelOfTruth wrote:
broch wrote:
2.6.35-rc4-zen1

compiles just fine but two things seems to be broken:
1) ath9k
with dhcpcd timing out (confirmed on vanilla 2.6.35-rc4)
2) tuxonice
when trying tohibernate system hangs at "Doing atomic copy/restore" . Hybernate is nor reliable but issue is related to intel video problem (well known): system hibernates/resumes just fine but freezes after a while with intel video errors. I was hoping that 2.6.35-rc will fix this, unfortunately I can't test this as it seems that tuxonice is broken.

This is netbook with Atom n450/video Intel GMA 3150/2GB RAM
I am using the same config file as with 2.6.34-zen1 where ath9k works.

thanks

note:
I see that unstable zen is adding mysterious + at the end of the kernel name. This is the case for two different (no cpopied config) systems. ?


I get this too - I thought it was an issue caused by genkernel :lol:


What u guys mean? Where that's happening?

Quote:
cat /usr/src/linux/Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 35
EXTRAVERSION = -rc4-zen1
NAME = Weed overdose

Quote:
ls -l /lib/modules/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:42 2.6.35-rc4-zen1
drwxrwx--- 3 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:44 2.6.35-rc4-zen1+


the "+" gets added automagically with these releases:
Quote:
du -hs /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1*
5.0M /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1
38M /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1+


in the folder without "+" there's only the fglrx and virtualbox module


Quote:
ls -l /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1/
total 112
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:42 misc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8375 Jul 5 21:42 modules.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7021 Jul 5 21:42 modules.alias.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 69 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ccwmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 105 Jul 5 21:42 modules.dep
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 312 Jul 5 21:42 modules.dep.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 52 Jul 5 21:42 modules.devname
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 73 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ieee1394map
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 141 Jul 5 21:42 modules.inputmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 81 Jul 5 21:42 modules.isapnpmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 74 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ofmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15569 Jul 5 21:42 modules.pcimap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43 Jul 5 21:42 modules.seriomap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 131 Jul 5 21:42 modules.softdep
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10501 Jul 5 21:42 modules.symbols
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11712 Jul 5 21:42 modules.symbols.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 189 Jul 5 21:42 modules.usbmap
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:40 video

_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eusanpe
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 06 Sep 2002
Posts: 98

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot mount btrfs on 2.6.34-zen1. It starts with /etc/mtab not updateable, then cannot create lock file /etc/mtab~2379 no space left on device
and then alot of no space left on device errors. My subvolumes never mounted. I updated btrfs-progs to btrfs-progs-9999 and still no luck. I
rebooted back to 2.6.33-zen2 and everything works again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DigitalCorpus
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 30 Jul 2007
Posts: 245

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

run btrfsck on that partition. I have a funny feeling that you have corruption. Sounds similar to what I experienced a few months ago.

There is new btrfs code in your new kernel and it might be hanging up on the corruption that .33 doesn't know about due to the lack of refinements. I have 4 btfr partitions over 430 GB and I have about ~1329GB on them without any current problems running the latest git copy of zen-stable.
_________________
Atlas (HDTV PVR, HTTP & Media server)
http://atlas.selfip.net/Info/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Waninkoko
Guru
Guru


Joined: 13 May 2005
Posts: 549

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
Waninkoko wrote:
kernelOfTruth wrote:
broch wrote:
2.6.35-rc4-zen1

compiles just fine but two things seems to be broken:
1) ath9k
with dhcpcd timing out (confirmed on vanilla 2.6.35-rc4)
2) tuxonice
when trying tohibernate system hangs at "Doing atomic copy/restore" . Hybernate is nor reliable but issue is related to intel video problem (well known): system hibernates/resumes just fine but freezes after a while with intel video errors. I was hoping that 2.6.35-rc will fix this, unfortunately I can't test this as it seems that tuxonice is broken.

This is netbook with Atom n450/video Intel GMA 3150/2GB RAM
I am using the same config file as with 2.6.34-zen1 where ath9k works.

thanks

note:
I see that unstable zen is adding mysterious + at the end of the kernel name. This is the case for two different (no cpopied config) systems. ?


I get this too - I thought it was an issue caused by genkernel :lol:


What u guys mean? Where that's happening?

Quote:
cat /usr/src/linux/Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 35
EXTRAVERSION = -rc4-zen1
NAME = Weed overdose

Quote:
ls -l /lib/modules/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:42 2.6.35-rc4-zen1
drwxrwx--- 3 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:44 2.6.35-rc4-zen1+


the "+" gets added automagically with these releases:
Quote:
du -hs /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1*
5.0M /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1
38M /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1+


in the folder without "+" there's only the fglrx and virtualbox module


Quote:
ls -l /lib/modules/2.6.35-rc4-zen1/
total 112
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:42 misc
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8375 Jul 5 21:42 modules.alias
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7021 Jul 5 21:42 modules.alias.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 69 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ccwmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 105 Jul 5 21:42 modules.dep
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 312 Jul 5 21:42 modules.dep.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 52 Jul 5 21:42 modules.devname
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 73 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ieee1394map
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 141 Jul 5 21:42 modules.inputmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 81 Jul 5 21:42 modules.isapnpmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 74 Jul 5 21:42 modules.ofmap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15569 Jul 5 21:42 modules.pcimap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43 Jul 5 21:42 modules.seriomap
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 131 Jul 5 21:42 modules.softdep
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10501 Jul 5 21:42 modules.symbols
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11712 Jul 5 21:42 modules.symbols.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 189 Jul 5 21:42 modules.usbmap
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 5 21:40 video


I have been checking everything and I think it has something to do with .35-rc4. The script that generates include/linux/version.h is adding that '+' in purpose, so it's not a typo or something else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waninkoko wrote:

I have been checking everything and I think it has something to do with .35-rc4. The script that generates include/linux/version.h is adding that '+' in purpose, so it's not a typo or something else.


thanks for the clarification

an annoyance of that whole thing however is that I need to create symbolic links from the "+" folder to the folder without "+" when installing kernel modules (e.g. ati-drivers, virtualbox-modules) and depmod afterwards since it doesn't find the modules automatically
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Waninkoko
Guru
Guru


Joined: 13 May 2005
Posts: 549

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything was working fine for me when I tested 2.6.35-rc4-zen1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 25 Mar 2005
Posts: 1044

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
Waninkoko wrote:

I have been checking everything and I think it has something to do with .35-rc4. The script that generates include/linux/version.h is adding that '+' in purpose, so it's not a typo or something else.


thanks for the clarification

an annoyance of that whole thing however is that I need to create symbolic links from the "+" folder to the folder without "+" when installing kernel modules (e.g. ati-drivers, virtualbox-modules) and depmod afterwards since it doesn't the modules automatically


why create a link.
just add + in the Makefile( es. EXTRAVERSION = -rc5+), install kernel modules and then remove it.
_________________
this is a strange strange world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 2272
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What git revision do I need to revert to to make my computers' off switches work again? (currently on b33c0e23)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waninkoko wrote:
Everything was working fine for me when I tested 2.6.35-rc4-zen1.


strange :?

here you go - another "victim": http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/7/16/290



tranquilcool wrote:
kernelOfTruth wrote:
Waninkoko wrote:

I have been checking everything and I think it has something to do with .35-rc4. The script that generates include/linux/version.h is adding that '+' in purpose, so it's not a typo or something else.


thanks for the clarification

an annoyance of that whole thing however is that I need to create symbolic links from the "+" folder to the folder without "+" when installing kernel modules (e.g. ati-drivers, virtualbox-modules) and depmod afterwards since it doesn't the modules automatically


why create a link.
just add + in the Makefile( es. EXTRAVERSION = -rc5+), install kernel modules and then remove it.


I'll give that a try - thanks !



could you guys please pull in the latest fixes in zen-upstream (>rc5) ?

being able to test the latest rc-releases in zen on a regular basis would be nice so we could find/track down potential issues with zen addons and upstream


Thanks ! :)


if you don't have the time:

how could I do this with git commands locally ?
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot ! :D
_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ant P.
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 18 Apr 2009
Posts: 2272
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting this compile failure when I try to compile with Classic RCU enabled (Tree RCU works fine):
Code:
  HOSTCC  scripts/mod/file2alias.o
In file included from include/linux/module.h:18,
                 from include/linux/crypto.h:21,
                 from arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets_64.c:8,
                 from arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets.c:4:
include/linux/tracepoint.h: In function 'tracepoint_synchronize_unregister':
include/linux/tracepoint.h:80: error: implicit declaration of function 'synchronize_sched'
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/asm-offsets.s] Error 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5675
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for bfq and the recent pulls in zen-upstream - not being in the master-tree it's however not accessible yet by simply pulling stuff ...

update:

seems that too much changed in 2.6.35-rc* compared to 2.6.34:
Quote:
--
CC drivers/ata/libata-acpi.o
CC mm/init-mm.o
CC drivers/acpi/dock.o
In file included from block/bfq-iosched.c:121:0:
block/bfq-ioc.c: In function ‘cic_free_func’:
block/bfq-ioc.c:58:2: error: ‘struct cfq_io_context’ has no member named ‘dead_key’
block/bfq-ioc.c:61:45: error: ‘struct cfq_io_context’ has no member named ‘dead_key’
block/bfq-ioc.c: In function ‘__bfq_exit_single_io_context’:
block/bfq-ioc.c:102:5: error: ‘struct cfq_io_context’ has no member named ‘dead_key’
block/bfq-iosched.c: In function ‘__bfq_dispatch_requests’:
block/bfq-iosched.c:1160:16: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘atomic_inc’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/src/linux-2.6.35-rc5-zen1_bfq/arch/x86/include/asm/atomic.h:93:20: note: expected ‘struct atomic_t *’ but argument is of type ‘struct atomic_long_t *’
CC mm/bounce.o
make[1]: *** [block/bfq-iosched.o] Error 1
make: *** [block] Error 2
--

_________________
Unofficial minimal livecd x86/amd64 w/reiser4+truecrypt (by Neo2)
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D


Last edited by kernelOfTruth on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mantoo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 98
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I pulled today, compiling the kernel fails:

Code:
linux # make && make modules && make modules_install
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      kernel/softirq.o
kernel/softirq.c: In function ‘run_ksoftirqd’:
kernel/softirq.c:719: error: implicit declaration of function ‘rcu_note_context_switch’
make[1]: *** [kernel/softirq.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2


something went wrong with http://git.zen-kernel.org/?p=kernel/zen-stable.git;a=commit;h=f6f89085ee0faed3acaed58afbab7d207d22d4fa ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Posts: 78
Location: Central Washington

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mantoo wrote:
After I pulled today, compiling the kernel fails:

Code:
linux # make && make modules && make modules_install
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/generated/utsrelease.h
  CALL    scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/generated/compile.h
  CC      kernel/softirq.o
kernel/softirq.c: In function ‘run_ksoftirqd’:
kernel/softirq.c:719: error: implicit declaration of function ‘rcu_note_context_switch’
make[1]: *** [kernel/softirq.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2


something went wrong with http://git.zen-kernel.org/?p=kernel/zen-stable.git;a=commit;h=f6f89085ee0faed3acaed58afbab7d207d22d4fa ?


Yeah. I backed that out and it compiles. Have not tested if it boots yet.

...it fails to boot. :/
_________________
"Sarah" - AMD Athlon X2 4450B 45W, 4GB DDR2-667, 120GB, (Gentoo Hardened amd64; gcc-4.6.3; 3.9.9-hardened)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum