ipchains, iptables and port-forwarding
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyrix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: ipchains, iptables and port-forwarding Reply with quote

Hi everyone !

I'm new to Gentoo Linux (as most people I think :D cause it's pretty young) and have some questions concerning ipchains and iptables.

I want to migrate from a Debian 2.2 System which has a well-planned good configured ipchains firewall. I compiled ipchains as well as iptables as modules into my 2.4.19-gentoo-r7 kernel. My old firewall started without major problems (only some sysctl-options are obsolete) but some Ports which were forwarded using ipmasqadm could not be forwarded because ipmasqadm could not be found. An emerge ipmasqadm failed - no matching package found.
Is there a way to emerge it ? maybe under a different name ?
Or is there any other way to forward ports ?

This is only a temporary solution. I want to migrate the firewall to iptables, but only as well-planned as my ipchains firewall. Can anyone recommend tutorials and detailed descriptions to plan and write a good and secure iptables firewall ? How can I forward ports with iptables ?

Thanks in advance !
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: