how to remove sandbox ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: how to remove sandbox ? Reply with quote

i'd like to have a stage3/4 without sandbox

just removing "sandbox" from /etc/make.conf features and re-emerge things ?

in case yes, what have i to re-emerge ? in which sequence ?

glibc? binutils ? gcc ? ... etc ?
few
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandbox is a dep of portage. The only way to remove it is emerge -C. (And emerge would try to pull it in again later).

Those other packages you listed don't care for sandbox, no need to do something about them.
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am a bit confused about sandbox
cause i got segmentation fault during emerge
and i know that
during the src_unpack, src_compile, src_test and src_install phases
every ebuild.sh operates inside a sandbox

this is a special environment which attempts to help prevent badly written ebuilds
(or ebuilds working with badly written build systems)
accidentally writing outside of permitted locations

i hardly tested my gcc compiler (c, c++) and i never got a segmentation fault
i checked the memory, the swap area has never overflowed

so ... what else could be wrong with the segmentation fault i got ?

may be sandbox (involved in the emerge process) ?

how could i test it ?
jfp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather that trying to remove sandbox, it would seem best to try and figure out why you are having the problem.
If possible can you please post the error message as well as your emerge --info?
Does the segmentation fault only occur during the emerge of sandbox? Or does it happen with all emerges?
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happens only when i try to emerge dev-utils/cmake

i tried on 2 different hw platform with 4 different stage3
(current-stage3/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
different date's shot)

the hw is working
cpu (of both the platform) is exactly armv5tel
(this means .. no illegal ipcode --> no segmentation fault caused by the cpu)

i was able to emerge other ebuilds without any noises
but i got segmentation fault if i emerge cmake (which is c++ related)

i suspect two things

1) sandbox may be the cause of this issue (so i asked how to remove it)
2) if not ... gcc 4.3.4 is broken about c++ =(

Quote:

armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++ has argument dependent lookup
armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++ has struct stat with st_mtim member
armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++ has ANSI for scoping
---------------------------------------------
armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++ -Os -march=armv5te -pipe -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp$
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx: In static member function 'static int cmake::ExecuteCMakeCommand($
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx:1264: warning: ignoring return value of 'int fscanf(FILE*, const c$
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx:1306: warning: ignoring return value of 'int fscanf(FILE*, const c$
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx: In member function 'void cmake::GenerateGraphViz(const char*) con$
/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx:3132: internal compiler error: in cselib_hash_rtx, at cselib.c:741
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
gmake: *** [cmake.o] Error 1
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running gmake
Log of errors: /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake_bootstrap.log
^[[31;01m*^[[0m ERROR: dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3 failed:
^[[31;01m*^[[0m ./bootstrap failed
^[[31;01m*^[[0m
^[[31;01m*^[[0m Call stack:
^[[31;01m*^[[0m ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_configure
^[[31;01m*^[[0m environment, line 3361: Called die
^[[31;01m*^[[0m The specific snippet of code:
^[[31;01m*^[[0m ./bootstrap --system-libs --prefix=/usr --docdir=/share/doc/${PF} --datadir=/share/${PN} --mandir=/share/man "$qt_$
^[[31;01m*^[[0m
^[[31;01m*^[[0m If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3',
^[[31;01m*^[[0m the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3'.
^[[31;01m*^[[0m The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/temp/build.log'.
^[[31;01m*^[[0m The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/temp/environment'.
^[[31;01m*^[[0m S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4'

Quote:

emerge --info
Portage 2.1.8.3 (default/linux/arm/10.0, gcc-4.3.4, glibc-2.10.1-r1, 2.6.23-c1000-proof2 armv5tel)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.23-c1000-proof2-armv5tel-XScale-PXA270_rev_4_-v5l-with-gentoo-1.12.13
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:00:19 +0000
app-shells/bash: 4.0_p37
dev-lang/python: 2.6.4-r1
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.13
sys-apps/sandbox: 1.6-r2
sys-devel/autoconf: 2.63-r1
sys-devel/automake: 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils: 2.19.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc: 4.3.4
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool: 2.2.6b
virtual/os-headers: 2.6.30-r1
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="arm"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi"
CFLAGS="-Os -march=armv5te -pipe"
CHOST="armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-Os -march=armv5te -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests distlocks fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sfperms strict unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="en"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/overlay/zaurus"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl alsa ao apache2 arm bash-completion bzip2 cli corgi crypt cxx fbcon fontconfig fortran ftp gdbm gif glib gnutls gpm iconv iwmmxt jpeg kdrive mad modules mp3 mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly oss pam pcre perl png portaudio pppd python qt3support readline reflection sdl session sndfile spell spl sqlite ssl sysfs tcpd threads truetype tslib unicode vorbis xml xorg xosd xpm xrandr xterm xv zip zlib" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="*" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias proxy" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse tslib" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev"
Unset: CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Quote:

gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi
Configured with: /var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/gcc-4.3.4/work/gcc-4.3.4/configure --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-bin/4.3.4 --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/include --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4 --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/man --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/include/g++-v4 --host=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi --build=armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi --disable-altivec --disable-fixed-point --with-float=soft --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --with-system-zlib --disable-checking --disable-werror --enable-secureplt --disable-multilib --enable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --enable-libgomp --disable-libgcj --with-arch=armv5te --enable-languages=c,c++,treelang,fortran --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --with-bugurl=https://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 4.3.4 p1.1, pie-10.1.5'
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.4 (Gentoo 4.3.4 p1.1, pie-10.1.5)
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernel is linux-2.6.23
a bit old, i know, but i can't update it
cause moderner are not supporting my hw platform

about memory:

Tasks: 39 total, 3 running, 36 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 90.3%us, 9.0%sy, 0.0%ni, 0.0%id, 0.0%wa, 0.6%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 61932k total, 60392k used, 1540k free, 44k buffers
Swap: 249944k total, 3736k used, 246208k free, 6700k cached

i've got 64Mb of ram, and 256Mb of swap: should be enough, isn't it ?
jfp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this bug yours? https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314067
If not at least someone else seems to be having the identical problem.
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, that post is not mine

well ... i also suspect python or something around emerge (which is written in python) now

cause i am manually compiling cmake and it seems it's compiling

may be ?

Quote:

# cd cmake-2.6.4/
# ./bootstrap
CMake 2.6-4, Copyright (c) 2007 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: cc
C++ compiler on this system is: g++
Makefile processor on this system is: gmake
g++ is GNU compiler
g++ has STL in std:: namespace
g++ has ANSI streams
g++ has streams in std:: namespace
g++ has sstream
g++ has operator!=(string, char*)
g++ has stl iterator_traits
g++ has standard template allocator
g++ has allocator<>::rebind<>
g++ does not have non-standard allocator<>::max_size argument
g++ has stl containers supporting allocator objects
g++ has header cstddef
g++ requires template friends to use <>
g++ supports member templates
g++ has standard template specialization syntax
g++ has argument dependent lookup
g++ has struct stat with st_mtim member
g++ has ANSI for scoping
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx -o cmake.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmakemain.cxx -o cmakemain.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmakewizard.cxx -o cmakewizard.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentLexer.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentLexer.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentParser.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentParser.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentParserHelper.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentParserHelper.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDepends.cxx -o cmDepends.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDependsC.cxx -o cmDependsC.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDocumentationFormatter.cxx -o cmDocumentationFormatter.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDocumentationFormatterText.cxx -o cmDocumentationFormatterText.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPolicies.cxx -o cmPolicies.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmProperty.cxx -o cmProperty.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyMap.cxx -o cmPropertyMap.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyDefinition.cxx -o cmPropertyDefinition.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyDefinitionMap.cxx -o cmPropertyDefinitionMap.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakeDepend.cxx -o cmMakeDepend.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefile.cxx -o cmMakefile.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmExportFileGenerator.cxx -o cmExportFileGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmExportInstallFileGenerator.cxx -o cmExportInstallFileGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallDirectoryGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallDirectoryGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmGeneratedFileStream.cxx -o cmGeneratedFileStream.o

ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case, the last one stage3 i downloaded is using python-2.6-*
how could i switch back to python 2.5 ?

any good procedure ?

do you think other things in development chain may be related ?

p.s. about memory, see the usage when the c++ is running

Mem: 61932k total, 52572k used, 9360k free, 516k buffers
Swap: 249944k total, 7136k used, 242808k free, 13256k cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
23443 root 20 0 44260 35m 2972 R 98.1 58.3 0:39.00 cc1plus
jfp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would downgrade python.

It is interesting that you were able to manually compile cmake though. I wonder what happens if you use ebuild to compile it?

Code:
zippy cmake # pwd
/usr/portage/dev-util/cmake
zippy cmake # ebuild cmake-2.6.4-r3.ebuild compile

Also, I am wondering if this is a new install? It seems like it is. If that is wrong, were you able to compile cmake before, but now it is failing?
Quote:
do you think other things in development chain may be related ?

At least one of the bugs against cmake does talk about rebuilding the tool chain (e.g. emerge -e system), however I suspect that would be a fairly major task on this hardware.
jfp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I can see in the cmake-2.6.4-r3.ebuild that it behaves differently depending on whether it can find an existing installation of cmake.
Code:
    if [[ ${bootstrap} = 1 ]]; then
        tc-export CC CXX LD

if use qt4; then
            qt_arg="--qt-gui"
        else
            qt_arg="--no-qt-gui"
        fi

echo $MAKEOPTS | egrep -o '(\-j|\-\-jobs)(=?|[[:space:]]*)[[:digit:]]+' > /dev/null
        if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
            par_arg=$(echo $MAKEOPTS | egrep -o '(\-j|\-\-jobs)(=?|[[:space:]]*)[[:digit:]]+' | egrep -o '[[:digit:]]+')
            par_arg="--parallel=${par_arg}"
        else
            par_arg="--parallel=1"
        fi

./bootstrap \
            --system-libs \
            --prefix=/usr \
            --docdir=/share/doc/${PF} \
            --datadir=/share/${PN} \
            --mandir=/share/man \
            "$qt_arg" \
            "$par_arg" || die "./bootstrap failed"
    else
        # this is way much faster so we should preffer it if some cmake is
        # around.
        use qt4 && qt_arg="ON" || qt_arg="OFF"
        mycmakeargs="-DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES=ON
            -DCMAKE_DOC_DIR=/share/doc/${PF}
            -DCMAKE_MAN_DIR=/share/man
            -DCMAKE_DATA_DIR=/share/${PN}
            -DBUILD_CursesDialog=ON
            -DBUILD_QtDialog=${qt_arg}"
        cmake-utils_src_configure
    fi

One of the bugs talks about removing cmake and then recompiling.

Code:
emerge -C cmake
emerge -1 cmake

ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the machine is slow, unfortunately c++ fails, even if i launched it manually

note, with emerge it compiles the less ... manually it compiles a lot of object, but ... it does seg fault the same =(

Quote:

./bootstrap
CMake 2.6-4, Copyright (c) 2007 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: cc
C++ compiler on this system is: g++
Makefile processor on this system is: gmake
g++ is GNU compiler
g++ has STL in std:: namespace
g++ has ANSI streams
g++ has streams in std:: namespace
g++ has sstream
g++ has operator!=(string, char*)
g++ has stl iterator_traits
g++ has standard template allocator
g++ has allocator<>::rebind<>
g++ does not have non-standard allocator<>::max_size argument
g++ has stl containers supporting allocator objects
g++ has header cstddef
g++ requires template friends to use <>
g++ supports member templates
g++ has standard template specialization syntax
g++ has argument dependent lookup
g++ has struct stat with st_mtim member
g++ has ANSI for scoping
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmake.cxx -o cmake.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmakemain.cxx -o cmakemain.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmakewizard.cxx -o cmakewizard.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentLexer.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentLexer.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentParser.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentParser.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmCommandArgumentParserHelper.cxx -o cmCommandArgumentParserHelper.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDepends.cxx -o cmDepends.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDependsC.cxx -o cmDependsC.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDocumentationFormatter.cxx -o cmDocumentationFormatter.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmDocumentationFormatterText.cxx -o cmDocumentationFormatterText.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPolicies.cxx -o cmPolicies.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmProperty.cxx -o cmProperty.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyMap.cxx -o cmPropertyMap.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyDefinition.cxx -o cmPropertyDefinition.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmPropertyDefinitionMap.cxx -o cmPropertyDefinitionMap.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakeDepend.cxx -o cmMakeDepend.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefile.cxx -o cmMakefile.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmExportFileGenerator.cxx -o cmExportFileGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmExportInstallFileGenerator.cxx -o cmExportInstallFileGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallDirectoryGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallDirectoryGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmGeneratedFileStream.cxx -o cmGeneratedFileStream.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmGlobalGenerator.cxx -o cmGlobalGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmLocalGenerator.cxx -o cmLocalGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallExportGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallExportGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallFilesGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallFilesGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallScriptGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallScriptGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmInstallTargetGenerator.cxx -o cmInstallTargetGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmSourceFile.cxx -o cmSourceFile.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmSourceFileLocation.cxx -o cmSourceFileLocation.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmSystemTools.cxx -o cmSystemTools.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmVersion.cxx -o cmVersion.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmFileTimeComparison.cxx -o cmFileTimeComparison.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmGlobalUnixMakefileGenerator3.cxx -o cmGlobalUnixMakefileGenerator3.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmLocalUnixMakefileGenerator3.cxx -o cmLocalUnixMakefileGenerator3.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefileExecutableTargetGenerator.cxx -o cmMakefileExecutableTargetGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefileLibraryTargetGenerator.cxx -o cmMakefileLibraryTargetGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefileTargetGenerator.cxx -o cmMakefileTargetGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmMakefileUtilityTargetGenerator.cxx -o cmMakefileUtilityTargetGenerator.o
g++ -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk -c /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Source/cmBootstrapCommands.cxx -o cmBootstrapCommands.o
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/include/g++-v4/bits/stl_vector.h: In destructor 'std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::~vector() [with _Tp = cmCustomCommand, _Alloc = std::allocator<cmCustomCommand>]':
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/4.3.4/include/g++-v4/bits/stl_vector.h:301: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
gmake: *** [cmBootstrapCommands.o] Error 1
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Problem while running gmake
Log of errors: /var/tmp/portage/dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3/work/cmake-2.6.4/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake_bootstrap.log

as i told you, this stage3 is a brand new fresh install
i downloaded it from mirror, i untar it, then i invoke emerge

-> there is no cmake already installed

i suspect the compiler, now
jfp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, looking more closely at the cmake-2.6.4-r3.ebuild it seems clear that cmake is not installed as part of the stage3.

Have you tried cmake-2.8.1-r1 ? It is keyword masked. To unmask it you could add:
Code:
# ---
# BEGIN: dev-util/cmake-2.8.1-r1
# ---
=dev-util/cmake-2.8.1-r1 ~amd64
=net-misc/curl-7.20.1 ~amd64
=net-misc/curl-7.20.0-r2 ~amd64
=net-misc/curl-7.20.0-r1 ~amd64
# ---
# END: dev-util/cmake-2.8.1-r1
# ---

to /etc/portage/package.keywords
ddc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i tried all the masked cmake, and... they do segmentation fault =(
(2.8.1, 2.8.2)

i'm looking for a stage 3 from 2008, when gcc was the 4.1.2
i remember i successfully emerged it (on armv4, different hw platform)

unfortunately i deleted the old stage3

i mean i need armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.1.2
and it's now safe to emerge it from my 4.3.4
(i did, emerge is able to compile it without any issue)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: