Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Support for GCC 4.x on hardened systems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pigeon768
l33t
l33t


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 669

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
>>> Downloading 'http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:39--  http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving distfiles.gentoo.org (distfiles.gentoo.org)... 216.165.129.135, 204.152.191.39, 199.6.1.174, ...
Connecting to distfiles.gentoo.org (distfiles.gentoo.org)|216.165.129.135|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:41 ERROR 404: Not Found.

>>> Downloading 'http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:42--  http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.snt.utwente.nl (ftp.snt.utwente.nl)... 130.89.149.20
Connecting to ftp.snt.utwente.nl (ftp.snt.utwente.nl)|130.89.149.20|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:44 ERROR 404: Not Found.

>>> Downloading 'ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:44--  ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
           => `/usr/portage/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
Resolving ftp.osuosl.org (ftp.osuosl.org)... 140.211.166.142, 140.211.166.134
Connecting to ftp.osuosl.org (ftp.osuosl.org)|140.211.166.142|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD (1) /pub/gentoo/distfiles ... done.
==> SIZE gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2 ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2 ...
No such file `gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'.

>>> Downloading 'http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:54--  http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.jaist.ac.jp (ftp.jaist.ac.jp)... 150.65.7.130
Connecting to ftp.jaist.ac.jp (ftp.jaist.ac.jp)|150.65.7.130|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:57 ERROR 404: Not Found.
.......etc. I can't install hardened-development gcc - it won't download that file. ~x86, empty /etc/portage/package.unmask except portage, empty /etc/portage/package.mask.

Unrelated: does anyone know how to mask all versions of sys-devel/gcc from portage, but not from the hardened-development overlay?
_________________
My political bias.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigeon768 wrote:
Code:
>>> Downloading 'http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:39--  http://distfiles.gentoo.org/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving distfiles.gentoo.org (distfiles.gentoo.org)... 216.165.129.135, 204.152.191.39, 199.6.1.174, ...
Connecting to distfiles.gentoo.org (distfiles.gentoo.org)|216.165.129.135|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:41 ERROR 404: Not Found.

>>> Downloading 'http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:42--  http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.snt.utwente.nl (ftp.snt.utwente.nl)... 130.89.149.20
Connecting to ftp.snt.utwente.nl (ftp.snt.utwente.nl)|130.89.149.20|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:44 ERROR 404: Not Found.

>>> Downloading 'ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:44--  ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
           => `/usr/portage/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
Resolving ftp.osuosl.org (ftp.osuosl.org)... 140.211.166.142, 140.211.166.134
Connecting to ftp.osuosl.org (ftp.osuosl.org)|140.211.166.142|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD (1) /pub/gentoo/distfiles ... done.
==> SIZE gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2 ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2 ...
No such file `gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'.

>>> Downloading 'http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2'
--2010-04-03 21:20:54--  http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/Linux/Gentoo/distfiles/gcc-4.3.4-patches-1.0.tar.bz2
Resolving ftp.jaist.ac.jp (ftp.jaist.ac.jp)... 150.65.7.130
Connecting to ftp.jaist.ac.jp (ftp.jaist.ac.jp)|150.65.7.130|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2010-04-03 21:20:57 ERROR 404: Not Found.
.......etc. I can't install hardened-development gcc - it won't download that file. ~x86, empty /etc/portage/package.unmask except portage, empty /etc/portage/package.mask.

Unrelated: does anyone know how to mask all versions of sys-devel/gcc from portage, but not from the hardened-development overlay?

Resync the overlay and it should be fine .
toolchain updated the gentoo gcc patchest without bump the ebuild :(
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom_
Guru
Guru


Joined: 20 May 2004
Posts: 340
Location: France

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this bug report, we can't use Skype on an hardened system. Is there any workaround ? I guess that running Skype in a chroot solves the problem, doesn't it ? Any way, I would prefer a simpler solution than putting in place a chroot. 8)

I know that Skype is a closed-source application, and using it on hardened systems is a total non-sense for some of you. I'm a daily Skype user, so I really need it on my system. ;)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCC-4.5.0 with espf-0.3.9 in the overlay for testing
And it is for TESTING only.
If something brake fix you own patch.
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zorry wrote:
GCC-4.5.0 with espf-0.3.9 in the overlay for testing
And it is for TESTING only.
If something brake fix you own patch.


didn't see the "Developer" tag before

congrats zorry ! 8)

and thanks a lot ! :D
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom_
Guru
Guru


Joined: 20 May 2004
Posts: 340
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for gcc-4.5! You rock!

Nss-3.12.6-r1 doesn't compile here with gcc-4.4.3 : http://pastebin.com/RbiL5NzC. Do you think that it is related to the use of an hardened toolchain ?

Thank!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom_ wrote:
Thank you for gcc-4.5! You rock!

Nss-3.12.6-r1 doesn't compile here with gcc-4.4.3 : http://pastebin.com/RbiL5NzC. Do you think that it is related to the use of an hardened toolchain ?

Thank!


that's a hardened-specific issue

FEATURES="-sandbox -usersandbox"

should let it compile through
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom_
Guru
Guru


Joined: 20 May 2004
Posts: 340
Location: France

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fixed the problem :)

Thank you very much :)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Budapest, Hungary, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwokfur wrote:
Dwokfur wrote:
I cannot installing sun-jdk-1.6.0.19:

Code:

 * Creating the Class Data Sharing archives
Loading classes to share ... done.
Rewriting and unlinking classes ... done.
Calculating hash values for String objects .. done.
Calculating fingerprints ... done.
Removing unshareable information ... done.
Moving pre-ordered read-only objects to shared space at 0x2a100000 ... done.
Moving read-only objects to shared space at 0x2a552768 ... done.
Moving common symbols to shared space at 0x2a5541d0 ... done.
Moving remaining symbols to shared space at 0x2a621f48 ... done.
Moving string char arrays to shared space at 0x2a6230f0 ... done.
Moving additional symbols to shared space at 0x2a6bd508 ... done.
Read-only space ends at 0x2a726298, 6447768 bytes.
Moving pre-ordered read-write objects to shared space at 0x2ab00000 ... done.
Moving read-write objects to shared space at 0x2b1b2248 ... done.
Moving String objects to shared space at 0x2b1f0ef0 ... done.
Read-write space ends at 0x2b236cb8, 7564472 bytes.
Updating references to shared objects ... done.

Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
 * ERROR: dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.19 failed:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  54:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2837:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           "${S}"/bin/java -server -Xshare:dump || die;



Message to the log:
I could successfully upgrade sun-jdk from 1.6.0.17 to 1.6.0.19 after I've upgraded the kernel version from 2.6.31-hardened-r11 to 2.6.33-hardened. I'm suspect this issue had something to do with PaX - but not sure. Previously I had problems using with 2.6.32-hardened: X crashed instantly. Now 2.6.33-hardened seems to be OK, so I can move on. 2.6.31-hardened-r11 seems to be the culprit factor. The strange thing is, that everything was running fine both on the laptop and the server apart from these failures...

The Easter holiday will be an excellent occasion to give openoffice-3.2.0 another spin with the new kernel.

Regards:
Dw.


Same problem as before while bumping sun-jdk from 1.6.0.19 to 1.6.0.20. The ebuild fails at the same place in the install phase. To workaround it I had to paxctl -ps {S}/bin/java and finish merging the package using ebuild install and qmerge...

Openoffice 3.2 still have problems with regcomp and access violation occurs. For the latter I suspect a wrong environment path detection - probably hardened related. I try to workaround openoffice also. I disabled binfilter, which also makes the ebuild die.

Regards:
Dw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have change alot in the overlay for the gcc part.
We have change code in toolchain.eclass so we support piepatches instead of the espf stuff.
On the patch stuff we have rename the patchset and change some name but it still the espf patchset.
Moste of this is done so it can move to the tree later on.
Happy testing.
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zorry wrote:
We have change alot in the overlay for the gcc part.
We have change code in toolchain.eclass so we support piepatches instead of the espf stuff.
On the patch stuff we have rename the patchset and change some name but it still the espf patchset.
Moste of this is done so it can move to the tree later on.
Happy testing.


thanks for your hard work zorry & the other devs !
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCC 4.3.4 is gone form the overlay use 4.4.3 for it is on the way to get stable when the arch tester have done the testing.
Still waiting for may changes to toolchain.eclass and glibc to get approved.
Grub need a bump in the patchset in the tree.
Have good day.
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a short question concerning comprehension / understanding:

when gcc is saying --disable-libssp

how is ssp / stack smashing protection supposed to work ? or what does the pie ssp profile in reality create ?


Quote:
* Configuring GCC with:
* --prefix=/usr
* --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.4.4
* --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/include
* --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4
* --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/man
* --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/info
* --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/include/g++-v4
* --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
* --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
* --disable-altivec
* --disable-fixed-point
* --with-ppl
* --with-cloog
* --enable-nls
* --without-included-gettext
* --with-system-zlib
* --disable-checking
* --disable-werror
* --enable-secureplt
* --enable-multilib
* --enable-libmudflap
* --disable-libssp
* --enable-esp
* --enable-libgomp
* --enable-cld
* --with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/python
* --enable-java-awt=gtk
* --enable-objc-gc
* --enable-languages=c,c++,java,objc,obj-c++,fortran
* --enable-shared
* --enable-threads=posix
* --enable-__cxa_atexit
* --enable-clocale=gnu
* --with-bugurl=http://bugs.gentoo.org/
* --with-pkgversion=Gentoo Hardened 4.4.4-r2 p1.0, pie-0.4.4



from my other system it shows:
Quote:
gcc -### -march=native -E /usr/include/stdlib.h 2>&1 | grep "/usr/libexec/gcc/.*cc1"

"/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/cc1" "-E" "-quiet" "/usr/include/stdlib.h" "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" "-march=core2" "-mcx16" "-msahf" "-mpopcnt" "-msse4.2" "--param" "l1-cache-size=32" "--param" "l1-cache-line-size=64" "--param" "l2-cache-size=256" "-mtune=core2" "-fno-strict-overflow" "-fPIE" "-fstack-protector-all"



BUT I also noticed that the linux kernel complains during compilation for the lack of fstack-protector support


many thanks in advance for your explanation :)
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:
just a short question concerning comprehension / understanding:

when gcc is saying --disable-libssp

how is ssp / stack smashing protection supposed to work ? or what does the pie ssp profile in reality create ?


Quote:
* Configuring GCC with:
* --prefix=/usr
* --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/4.4.4
* --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/include
* --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4
* --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/man
* --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/info
* --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/include/g++-v4
* --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
* --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
* --disable-altivec
* --disable-fixed-point
* --with-ppl
* --with-cloog
* --enable-nls
* --without-included-gettext
* --with-system-zlib
* --disable-checking
* --disable-werror
* --enable-secureplt
* --enable-multilib
* --enable-libmudflap
* --disable-libssp
* --enable-esp
* --enable-libgomp
* --enable-cld
* --with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/python
* --enable-java-awt=gtk
* --enable-objc-gc
* --enable-languages=c,c++,java,objc,obj-c++,fortran
* --enable-shared
* --enable-threads=posix
* --enable-__cxa_atexit
* --enable-clocale=gnu
* --with-bugurl=http://bugs.gentoo.org/
* --with-pkgversion=Gentoo Hardened 4.4.4-r2 p1.0, pie-0.4.4



from my other system it shows:
Quote:
gcc -### -march=native -E /usr/include/stdlib.h 2>&1 | grep "/usr/libexec/gcc/.*cc1"

"/usr/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.3/cc1" "-E" "-quiet" "/usr/include/stdlib.h" "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" "-march=core2" "-mcx16" "-msahf" "-mpopcnt" "-msse4.2" "--param" "l1-cache-size=32" "--param" "l1-cache-line-size=64" "--param" "l2-cache-size=256" "-mtune=core2" "-fno-strict-overflow" "-fPIE" "-fstack-protector-all"



BUT I also noticed that the linux kernel complains during compilation for the lack of fstack-protector support


many thanks in advance for your explanation :)

--disable-libssp is for GCCs own SSP lib and that do we not use for we use glibc's SSP support.
--enable-esp is what you should look for (Enable SSP PIE) is what or patchset add.
The kernel thing is a bug in the ssp check in the kernel for it fail when we pass -fPIE to the test.
sys-kernel/hardened-sources-2.6.32 build complains about missing fstack-protector support with gcc 4.4.2-r2
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Budapest, Hungary, Europe

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Totally unimportant breakage: ladspa-sdk Reply with quote

Code:

 * CPV:  media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1
 * REPO: gentoo
 * USE:  elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU x86
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking ladspa_sdk_1.13.tgz to /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-properbuild.patch ...                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-asneeded.patch ...                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-fbsd.patch ...                                                                                                                             [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work/ladspa_sdk/src ...
make -j2 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe' RAW_LDFLAGS=-O1 DYNAMIC_LD_LIBS=-ldl CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CXX=i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ LD=i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld targets
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -I. -fPIC -o plugins/amp.o -c plugins/amp.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -I. -fPIC -o plugins/delay.o -c plugins/delay.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld -O1 -o ../plugins/delay.so plugins/delay.o -shared
plugins/delay.o: In function `connectPortToSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `runSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x1c6): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `ladspa_descriptor':
delay.c:(.text+0x20f): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `_fini':
delay.c:(.text+0x2ef): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `cleanupSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x34f): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o:delay.c:(.text+0x42b): more undefined references to `__stack_chk_fail_local' follow
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: ../plugins/delay.so: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' isn't defined
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
make: *** [../plugins/delay.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld -O1 -o ../plugins/amp.so plugins/amp.o -shared
plugins/amp.o: In function `.L5':
amp.c:(.text+0x99): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `runMonoAmplifier':
amp.c:(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `runStereoAmplifier':
amp.c:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `ladspa_descriptor':
amp.c:(.text+0x1ee): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `deleteDescriptor':
amp.c:(.text+0x2b7): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o:amp.c:(.text+0x311): more undefined references to `__stack_chk_fail_local' follow
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: ../plugins/amp.so: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' isn't defined
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
make: *** [../plugins/amp.so] Error 1
 * ERROR: media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1 failed:


Any clues on how to fix this.

Openoffice 3.2 still fails to compile (even after fixing the access violation and setting runtime paxctl flags on a binary). Openoffice 3.1 still compiles fine. It would be more important, but others have better luck with oOO as I recall. I still didn't give it up.

Regards:
Dw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Budapest, Hungary, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Totally unimportant breakage: ladspa-sdk Reply with quote

Dwokfur wrote:
Code:

 * CPV:  media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1
 * REPO: gentoo
 * USE:  elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU x86
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking ladspa_sdk_1.13.tgz to /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-properbuild.patch ...                                                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-asneeded.patch ...                                                                                                                         [ ok ]
 * Applying ladspa-sdk-1.13-fbsd.patch ...                                                                                                                             [ ok ]
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1/work/ladspa_sdk/src ...
make -j2 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe' RAW_LDFLAGS=-O1 DYNAMIC_LD_LIBS=-ldl CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CXX=i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ LD=i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld targets
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -I. -fPIC -o plugins/amp.o -c plugins/amp.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -I. -fPIC -o plugins/delay.o -c plugins/delay.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld -O1 -o ../plugins/delay.so plugins/delay.o -shared
plugins/delay.o: In function `connectPortToSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x79): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `runSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x1c6): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `ladspa_descriptor':
delay.c:(.text+0x20f): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `_fini':
delay.c:(.text+0x2ef): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o: In function `cleanupSimpleDelayLine':
delay.c:(.text+0x34f): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/delay.o:delay.c:(.text+0x42b): more undefined references to `__stack_chk_fail_local' follow
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: ../plugins/delay.so: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' isn't defined
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
make: *** [../plugins/delay.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld -O1 -o ../plugins/amp.so plugins/amp.o -shared
plugins/amp.o: In function `.L5':
amp.c:(.text+0x99): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `runMonoAmplifier':
amp.c:(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `runStereoAmplifier':
amp.c:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `ladspa_descriptor':
amp.c:(.text+0x1ee): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o: In function `deleteDescriptor':
amp.c:(.text+0x2b7): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail_local'
plugins/amp.o:amp.c:(.text+0x311): more undefined references to `__stack_chk_fail_local' follow
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: ../plugins/amp.so: hidden symbol `__stack_chk_fail_local' isn't defined
i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output
make: *** [../plugins/amp.so] Error 1
 * ERROR: media-libs/ladspa-sdk-1.13-r1 failed:


Any clues on how to fix this.

Regards:
Dw.


Dwokfur to the log:

- the above mentioned problem was caused by the project Makefile calling ld instead of gcc. However after fixing that the error message transformed like this:
Code:

make -j3 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe' RAW_LDFLAGS=-O1 DYNAMIC_LD_LIBS=-ldl CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CXX=i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ LD=i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld targets
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/amp.o -c plugins/amp.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/delay.o -c plugins/delay.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/filter.o -c plugins/filter.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/amp.so plugins/amp.o
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/filter.so plugins/filter.o -lm
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/delay.so plugins/delay.o
plugins/filter.o: In function `_fini':
filter.c:(.text+0x1b0): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/filter.o: In function `_init':
filter.c:(.text+0x2f0): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/filter.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
plugins/amp.o: In function `_fini':
amp.c:(.text+0x280): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/amp.o: In function `_init':
amp.c:(.text+0x380): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/amp.so] Error 1
plugins/delay.o: In function `_fini':
delay.c:(.text+0x1f0): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/delay.o: In function `_init':
delay.c:(.text+0x410): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/delay.so] Error 1


So as one can see these files define their custom _init and _fini procedures. That was the point where I gave up and unmerged the package. I had no time to fix these (dated back to 2000).

Regards:
Dw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Budapest, Hungary, Europe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Totally unimportant breakage: ladspa-sdk Reply with quote

Dwokfur wrote:


Dwokfur to the log:

- the above mentioned problem was caused by the project Makefile calling ld instead of gcc. However after fixing that the error message transformed like this:
Code:

make -j3 'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe' 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe' RAW_LDFLAGS=-O1 DYNAMIC_LD_LIBS=-ldl CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc CXX=i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ LD=i686-pc-linux-gnu-ld targets
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/amp.o -c plugins/amp.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/delay.o -c plugins/delay.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -O2 -march=i686 -mtune=athlon-mp -pipe -I. -I/usr/include -o plugins/filter.o -c plugins/filter.c
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/amp.so plugins/amp.o
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/filter.so plugins/filter.o -lm
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wl,-O1 -o ../plugins/delay.so plugins/delay.o
plugins/filter.o: In function `_fini':
filter.c:(.text+0x1b0): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/filter.o: In function `_init':
filter.c:(.text+0x2f0): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/filter.so] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
plugins/amp.o: In function `_fini':
amp.c:(.text+0x280): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/amp.o: In function `_init':
amp.c:(.text+0x380): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/amp.so] Error 1
plugins/delay.o: In function `_fini':
delay.c:(.text+0x1f0): multiple definition of `_fini'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.fini+0x0): first defined here
plugins/delay.o: In function `_init':
delay.c:(.text+0x410): multiple definition of `_init'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../crti.o:(.init+0x0): first defined here
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.4.4/../../../Scrt1.o: In function `_start':
(.text+0x28): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [../plugins/delay.so] Error 1


So as one can see these files define their custom _init and _fini procedures. That was the point where I gave up and unmerged the package. I had no time to fix these (dated back to 2000).

Regards:
Dw.


Although I've said I had unmerged it, I couldn't actually give up.
Here is the solution:
media-libs/ladspa-sdk calls $(LD) directly
besides using cc instead of ld, one should pass -nostartfiles for linking those object having their own custom _init and _fini. Gosh...

Regards,
Dwokfur
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
costel78
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Posts: 203

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, when everything except sys-boot/grub disappeared from hardened-overlay.

Edit:
I see now:
21 Jun 2010; Magnus Granberg <zorry@gentoo.org> gcc-4.5.0.ebuild:
Add hardened support #318171

*gcc-4.4.4-r1 (19 Jun 2010)
*gcc-4.4.3-r3 (19 Jun 2010)

19 Jun 2010; Magnus Granberg <zorry@gentoo.org> +gcc-4.4.3-r3.ebuild,
+gcc-4.4.4-r1.ebuild:
bump for adding hardened support #318171

That's very good news!
Congratulations to hardened-overlay team!
_________________
Sorry for my English. I'm still learning this language.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zorry
Developer
Developer


Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Posts: 364
Location: Umeå The north part of scandinavia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have full SSP/PIE gcc-4.4.X support in the tree now so happy testing
gcc-4.5.0 have the support to but it still masked.

Happy midsommar
_________________
gcc version 4.6.2 (Gentoo Hardened 4.6.2 p1.1, pie-0.5.0)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zorry wrote:

--disable-libssp is for GCCs own SSP lib and that do we not use for we use glibc's SSP support.
--enable-esp is what you should look for (Enable SSP PIE) is what or patchset add.
The kernel thing is a bug in the ssp check in the kernel for it fail when we pass -fPIE to the test.
sys-kernel/hardened-sources-2.6.32 build complains about missing fstack-protector support with gcc 4.4.2-r2


thanks zorry !

I already had suspected that it has to do something with esp ;)
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andreybond
n00b
n00b


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwokfur wrote:


To workaround it I had to paxctl -ps {S}/bin/java and finish merging the package using ebuild install and qmerge...

Regards:
Dw.


Please, can You tell how to finish merging manually?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreybond wrote:
Dwokfur wrote:


To workaround it I had to paxctl -ps {S}/bin/java and finish merging the package using ebuild install and qmerge...

Regards:
Dw.


Please, can You tell how to finish merging manually?!

Ebuild HOWTO

RTFineM ;)

ebuild foo.ebuild unpack
ebuild foo.ebuild prepare
ebuild foo.ebuild configure
ebuild foo.ebuild compile
ebuild foo.ebuild install
ebuild foo.ebuild qmerge
ebuild foo.ebuild clean

should be some pretty common order :)
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andreybond
n00b
n00b


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kernelOfTruth wrote:

RTFineM ;)

ebuild foo.ebuild unpack
ebuild foo.ebuild prepare
ebuild foo.ebuild configure
ebuild foo.ebuild compile
ebuild foo.ebuild install
ebuild foo.ebuild qmerge
ebuild foo.ebuild clean

should be some pretty common order :)


mmm... I try to emerge jdk 1.6.0.20 but it fails:
Code:

*      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/unpack200
 * Creating the Class Data Sharing archives
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
 *
 * ERROR: dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2754:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           "${S}"/bin/java -client -Xshare:dump || die;
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/environment'.
 *

>>> Failed to emerge dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/build.log'

 * Messages for package dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20:

 * PT PaX marking -m
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/appletviewer
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/apt
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/extcheck
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/idlj
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jar
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jarsigner
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/java
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/javac
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/javadoc
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/javah
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/javap
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/javaws
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jconsole
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jdb
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jhat
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jinfo
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jmap
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jps
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jrunscript
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jsadebugd
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jstack
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jstat
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/jstatd
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/keytool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/native2ascii
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/orbd
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/pack200
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/policytool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/rmic
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/rmid
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/rmiregistry
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/schemagen
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/serialver
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/servertool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/tnameserv
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/unpack200
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/wsgen
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/wsimport
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/bin/xjc
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/java
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/java_vm
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/javaws
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/keytool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/orbd
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/pack200
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/policytool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/rmid
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/rmiregistry
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/servertool
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/tnameserv
 *      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/unpack200
 *
 * ERROR: dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2754:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           "${S}"/bin/java -client -Xshare:dump || die;
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/environment'.
 *


maybe someone know how to complete this installation? =)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 20 Dec 2005
Posts: 5720
Location: Vienna, Austria; Germany; hello world :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what I can tell it's either not directly hardened-related (say: use google), you have not enough memory or you could temporarily try whether older versions are effected too (1.6.0.19)/emerge fine, etc.

then look at bugs.gentoo.org or other resources how to fix ...
_________________
https://github.com/kernelOfTruth/ZFS-for-SystemRescueCD/tree/ZFS-for-SysRescCD-4.3.0-r2
2.6.37.2_plus_v1: BFS, CFS,THP,compaction, zcache or TOI
Hardcore Linux user since 2004 :D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dwokfur
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 15 Sep 2006
Posts: 85
Location: Budapest, Hungary, Europe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreybond wrote:


mmm... I try to emerge jdk 1.6.0.20 but it fails:
Code:

*      /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/work/jdk1.6.0_20/jre/bin/unpack200
 * Creating the Class Data Sharing archives
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
 *
 * ERROR: dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2754:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           "${S}"/bin/java -client -Xshare:dump || die;
 *  The die message:
 *   (no error message)
 *
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.20/temp/environment'.
 *

<< snip >>


maybe someone know how to complete this installation? =)


Here is my workaround:
Issue the emerge command and observe, the failure. After that "paxctl -ps /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.xx/bin/java". Then ebuild /usr/portage/dev-java/sun-jdk-1.6.0.xx.ebuild install. Don't forget to qmerge and clean at the end. There you go.

Don't ask me why it works.

Regards:
Dw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum