Hi

Code:
Drive FW info:                  YL05
AACS Version:                   01
Number of concurrent AGIDs:     1
Supports BN generation:         YES
BN Block Count:                 1
Inserted medium AACS protected: YES

The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

ERROR: SENDHOSTCHAL: SK: 0x5, ASC: 0x6F, ASCQ: 0x00, errnr: -2

Last edited by bouriquo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message says that your aacskeys library could not read the disc's volume id:
Code:
The given Host Certficate / Private Key has been revoked by your drive.

Since your aacskeys version seems to be the newest available (0.4.0) and it initialized fine, I guess the problem lies in the patch of your drive. Are you sure it applied correctly?
If you have troubles applying the patch or checking if it applied correctly, you best ask in the doom9 forums thread.

Also did you look at your ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt file? There should be the processing keys for all MKB Versions until MKBv10 (at least for MKBv1 since this is what your disc seems to be).

UDF 2.5 is included in the kernel since about version 2.6.25.
bouriquo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for you answer ^^.

I used
Code:
aacskeys library 0.4.0 by arnezami, KenD00
. For the patch, when I patched my drive it seemed to be ok, I didn't have any error.
However for the file ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt, I keep the orginal file of dump. Where can I find MKVv1 to 10 ?

For your drive you used patch Y04L or Y05L

And
Code:
B121B199A937940128CA797520C76064C81D0115=UltraViolet | D | 2006-10-24 | V | 64A4F30F0EA870EBA56F7BFAFFF47CB8
is a MKB ?

Best regards
oxyis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Found a tool called makemkv which apparently supports MKB<13. It's only for dumping the data into an mkv file, doesn't seem to work with direct play yet. Haven't tested it on gentoo yet, but the tool works on my ubuntu box. After some testing it also compiles on gentoo, so I made an ebuild. The ebuild still needs to handle the license stuff, haven't figured out how to do that yet. Remember to add the patch also.

makemkv-1.4.1.ebuild
Code:

# Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

inherit multilib eutils

MY_P="makemkv_v${PV}_beta_oss"
MY_PB="makemkv_v${PV}_beta_bin"

DESCRIPTION="MakeMKV OSS"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.makemkv.org"
SRC_URI="http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v${PV}_beta_oss.tar.gz http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v${PV}_beta_bin.tar.gz"

LICENSE="makemke"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
IUSE=""

DEPEND="x11-libs/qt:4
        dev-libs/openssl
        media-libs/mesa"

src_unpack() {
#       check_license
        unpack ${A}
        epatch "${FILESDIR}/qt4libspath.patch"
}

src_compile() {
        cd "${MY_P}"
        emake -f makefile.linux || die "make failed"
}

src_install() {
        # install oss package
        cd "${MY_P}"
        dolib.so out/libdriveio.so.0
        dolib.so out/libmakemkv.so.0
        dosym libdriveio.so.0 /usr/$(get_libdir)/libdriveio.so.0.${PV}
        dosym libmakemkv.so.0 /usr/$(get_libdir)/libmakemkv.so.0.${PV}
        into /usr
        dobin out/makemkv

# install bin package
        cd ../"${MY_PB}"
        into /usr
        if use x86; then
                dobin bin/i386/cddump
                dobin bin/i386/makemkvcon
        elif use amd64; then
                dobin bin/amd64/cddump
                dobin bin/amd64/makemkvcon
        fi
}

Patch (goes into filedir): qt4libspath.patch
Code:

--- makemkv_v1.4.1_beta_oss/makefile.linux.org  2009-04-14 09:21:01.000000000 +0200
+++ makemkv_v1.4.1_beta_oss/makefile.linux      2009-04-22 14:47:33.000000000 +0200
@@ -48,7 +48,7 @@
        $(GCC) -o$@ $(MAKEMKVGUI_INC) $(LIBMAKEMKV_INC) $(SSTRING_INC) $(LIBDRIVEIO_INC) \
        $(MAKEMKVGUI_SRC) $(MAKEMKVGUI_SRC_POSIX) $(MAKEMKVGUI_GEN) $(SSTRING_SRC) $(LIBDRIVEIO_SRC_PUB) \
        -DHAVE_BUILDINFO_H -Itmp \
-       -I/usr/include/qt4 -lc -lstdc++ -lQtGui -lQtCore
+       -I/usr/include/qt4 -L/usr/lib/qt4 -lc -lstdc++ -lQtGui -lQtCore

tmp/gen_buildinfo.h:
        mkdir -p tmp

I have also got an ebuild for aacskeys ready, but I can't get a fixed src_url for it, anyone know of a location to fetch the actual source beside using rapidshare?

Ox
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the makemkv ebuild.

I don't think an ebuild for aacskeys is necessary - I just extract the .so library from the aacskeys package into the dumphd directory.
There are win and linux, 32 and 64bit versions and most of us need just one of them.
Of course if you want to build your own library from the source code, an ebuild would come in handy.

Unfortunately there is no fixed url for the package. It would be risky to have one, since the program might not be legal. Most of the programs on doom9 don't have more than a rapidshare link that is updated from time to time.

bouriquo wrote:

I used
Code:
aacskeys library 0.4.0 by arnezami, KenD00
. For the patch, when I patched my drive it seemed to be ok, I didn't have any error.
However for the file ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt, I keep the orginal file of dump. Where can I find MKVv1 to 10 ?

The original file ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt should have all the known MKBs if it is the most recent version. Have a look at the content of the file - its in simple text format. There should be one Line for each MKB and a comment at the end of the line should tell you which MKB-number it is.

bouriquo wrote:

And
Code:
B121B199A937940128CA797520C76064C81D0115=UltraViolet | D | 2006-10-24 | V | 64A4F30F0EA870EBA56F7BFAFFF47CB8
is a MKB ?

This line is from the keydb.cfg file and (if I remember it right) shows the VolumeID of the disc, followed by title, region, date,.. The last part should be the Volume Unique Key. I might have mixed up the two key stings though.
If your patch doesn't work you must enter one line like this with the right keys for the disc you want to decode with dumphd.

The process of decoding works as follows:
The drive firmware patch allows aacskeys (which is a library file in the dumphd directory) to use its file ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt (containing the MKB's processing keys) to decode the volume unique key VUK of your disc.
Dumphd reads the volume id of the disc itself and uses the VUK provided by the aacskeys library to decode the disc.

If aacskeys doesn't work (which might be because wrong/missing MKB keys in ProcessingDeviceKeysSimple.txt or because the drive's patch doesn't work) you can search the VUK on the internet (check, that the volume id is the same, some titles are available in different versions) and provide it in the keydb.cfg file. The Volume id of the disc can be found using dumphd.

You could also try makemkv. It rips the movie to mkv format so you can backup it and watch from mkv then (no streaming, you have to download the movie from your disc to your harddrive).
It is still in test though and I don't know if it also needs the drive patch.
fangorn
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work with the makemkv ebuild. I just discovered yesterday that it has a linux version now.

I only tested the windows version once but back then it did not need firmware changes. Downside at that time: No support for BD+ playback restriction. I don't know if that has changed.

Since version 2.6.0 of mkvtoolnix MkvmergeGUI (mmg) has a header editor, that is capable of changing flags as audio language, default audio stream, movie title, ... without remuxing the whole video. If you haven't done so already be sure to update to at least 2.6.0.

Also good news from the tsMuxeR front. In version 1.9.9 there is a working linux command line version and a more or less working linux GUI. GUI does not list audio languages and cannot finish extraction process, but it produces usable metafiles for the command line version. (I tested it on a amd64 machine)

Semi good news from the BluRay conversion front. I found a way to get around the sync problem for DTS audio streams. New version of blu2mkv is available! (see my sig.)
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that ebuild oxyis. The latest version of makemkv doesn't even need the patch.
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an updated ebuild and patch for makemkv-1.4.6:

Code:

# Copyright 1999-2008 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

inherit multilib eutils

MY_P="makemkv_v${PV}_beta_oss"
MY_PB="makemkv_v${PV}_beta_bin"

DESCRIPTION="MakeMKV OSS"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.makemkv.org"
SRC_URI="http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v${PV}_beta_oss.tar.gz http://www.makemkv.com/download/makemkv_v${PV}_beta_bin.tar.gz"

LICENSE="makemke"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
IUSE=""

DEPEND="x11-libs/qt:4
        dev-libs/openssl
        media-libs/mesa"

src_unpack() {
#       check_license
        unpack ${A}
        epatch "${FILESDIR}/rand.patch"
}

src_compile() {
        cd "${MY_P}"
        emake -f makefile.linux || die "make failed"
}

src_install() {
        # install oss package
        cd "${MY_P}"
        dolib.so out/libdriveio.so.0
        dolib.so out/libmakemkv.so.1
        dosym libdriveio.so.0 /usr/$(get_libdir)/libdriveio.so.0.${PV}
        dosym libmakemkv.so.1 /usr/$(get_libdir)/libmakemkv.so.1.${PV}
        into /usr
        dobin out/makemkv

# install bin package
        cd ../"${MY_PB}"
        into /usr
        if use x86; then
                dobin bin/i386/makemkvcon
        elif use amd64; then
                dobin bin/amd64/makemkvcon
        fi
}

Code:

--- makemkv_v1.4.6_beta_oss/libmakemkv/src/world.cpp    2009-08-03 01:39:28.000000000 -0700
+++ makemkv_v1.4.6_beta_oss/libmakemkv/src/world.cpp    2009-08-04 09:41:27.000000000 -0700
@@ -22,6 +22,7 @@
 #include <libmkv/libmkv.h>
 #include <lgpl/osslabi.h>
 #include <lgpl/zlibabi.h>
+#include <cstdlib>

#ifdef LGPL_WORLD_HAVE_PRINTFS
 #include <stdio.h>
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for a little update. There is increasing activity on the decrypting front over at the doom9 forums:

The newest version of aacskeys is now able to run with unpatched drives. This will only work until the new host-key it works with is revoked.
So be sure to use no discs > MKBv12 with it. They can't be decrypted anyways since there are no processing keys found for discs > MKBv11 yet.

MakeMKV is working on BD+ support (see this thread on the doom9 forums).

Also there is new activity in the BD+ thread.
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The makemkv ebuild has been posted here and there are additions:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=280347
rh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, there is a working subtitle plugin for xine-lib available at xineliboutput cvs here:
http://xineliboutput.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xineliboutput/vdr-xineliboutput/xine/BluRay/
I had an issue with one VC1 encoded movie not showing all subtitles, but other than that it does work with ripped .m2ts files.

Just download all files in directory, and normal "make all; make install" should install the plugins to your xine-plugins dir. There are also patches for xine-lib to make VC1 video work, and in-progress input plugin to watch BluRay movies directly from disk.
Shiven
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought i'd add my $0.02 on how i've been using blu rays to mkvs using specifically linux (note, i haven't read the thread, i'm just saying whats worked for me for the past few months waiting for an entirely linux system).

Admittantly I use anydvd on windows to rip from an iso (dumped from ps3 using linux / dd if=/dev/sr0 of=/home/user/blah.iso) mux / demux using tsmuxer on my mac and encode using handbrake on my HTPC (linux).

obviously the first points are moot, but just for encoding i much prefer handbrake using these settings;

Code:

handbrake -9 -5 -E ac3 -2 -T -b $bitrate -e x264 -f mkv -i "$input" -o "$output"

the settings allow for a variable bitrate, detelecine'd and decombed, compressed into an x264 mkv file with double pass encoding. For me at least this takes the cake for blu rays. I'll post the scripts i wrote to make use of it as well :)

Code:

#!/bin/bash

echo "Input Filename?"
read input

echo "Output Filename?"
read output

echo "Bitrate?"
read bitrate

sudo chmod a+rwx "$input"

handbrake -9 -5 -E ac3 -2 -T -b $bitrate -e x264 -f mkv -i "$input" -o "$output"

Code:

#!/bin/bash

for filename in *.m2ts;
do
echo $filename | sed -e s/m2ts/mkv/ > blahfile
OUTPUT=`cat blahfile`
handbrake -9 -5 -E ac3 -2 -T -b 12000 -e x264 -f mkv -i "$filename" -o "$OUTPUT"
done

Hopefully however, this thread will allow me to internalize it entirely to linux as i wanted to do from the beginning *starts catching up on what he's missed out on*
woZa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. You will get better quality and quicker encoding times if you use HandBrakes constant quality setting rather than two pass. I have recently switched and the quality does seem higher. The only slight downside is there is no control over the file size but even then the files tend to have come out smaller than the two pass equivalent.

Here is the command line I now use...
Code:
nice -n 19 /usr/local/bin/HandBrakeCLI -v -e x264 -q 0.600000023841858 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R Auto -6 auto -f mkv --decomb --loose-anamorphic -m -x ref=3:mixed-refs:bframes=3:b-pyramid:weightb:filter=-2,-1:trellis=1:analyse=all:8x8dct:me=umh:subme=9:psy-rd=1,1

Bear in mind the above code is for transcoding low quality source material - freeview and freesat recordings from mythtv. For bluray you will obviously want to increase the video quality and use ac3 passthrough.

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

You can use makemkv to rip the bluray to mkv then use handbrake to encode it. Simple two steps all on linux... ;-)
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update:
The latest makemkv version now supports streaming.
Also it includes a hack that should make it possible to use all up-to-date blurays (not only MKB < 11).
Shiven
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woZa wrote:
Hi. You will get better quality and quicker encoding times if you use HandBrakes constant quality setting rather than two pass. I have recently switched and the quality does seem higher. The only slight downside is there is no control over the file size but even then the files tend to have come out smaller than the two pass equivalent.

Here is the command line I now use...
Code:
nice -n 19 /usr/local/bin/HandBrakeCLI -v -e x264 -q 0.600000023841858 -a 1 -E faac -B 128 -R Auto -6 auto -f mkv --decomb --loose-anamorphic -m -x ref=3:mixed-refs:bframes=3:b-pyramid:weightb:filter=-2,-1:trellis=1:analyse=all:8x8dct:me=umh:subme=9:psy-rd=1,1

Bear in mind the above code is for transcoding low quality source material - freeview and freesat recordings from mythtv. For bluray you will obviously want to increase the video quality and use ac3 passthrough.

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

You can use makemkv to rip the bluray to mkv then use handbrake to encode it. Simple two steps all on linux... ;-)

the only problem i find with the constant quality buffer is the lack of control. like for a blu ray for instance, 0.6 quality reduction would theoretically net a variable 20k bitrate, and whilst the quality would be significantly higher, to the untrained eye its not any different at all.

For me, using strict bitrates is much more appropriate, not only do i know what size i'm going to end up with, but i know that across the entire set of what i'm ripping, i'll end up with uniform artifacts (if any) as to not displease the viewer.

If i were only ripping singular files, constant quality would be fine but yeah; i'm almost constantly ripping dvds / blu rays as they enter our household regularaly (not a week goes by where we don't end up with new movies). Perhaps i've just learned not to trust technology (and by extention, the handbrake devs) that much.
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a weird problem. Playing BlueRay-DVD with MakeMKV works like a charm!
But now i have 1 disc that won't even get loaded by Linux. The LED blinks and suddenly stops, i can't access the Disc, even i can't mount it.
It is "Bram Stroker's Dracula (Coppola)" bought in UK (amazon.co.uk).
It loaded luckily exactly once, after a fresh reboot. But now i have tried for hours to get it done again - no chance!
Is there a good chance that the disc has an error? Is there a chance to get debug-output? dmesg did not tell me any error.

The system is a 64bit AMD64 II X3 435, ATI 770 Chip, AOpen BDR0412SA Blu Ray Drive.
BitJam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a segfault problem with makemkv-1.4.12, at least on some systems. Reverting to makemkv-1.4.11 solved the problem here and elsewhere. I just renamed the ebuild which worked fine. I got the ebuild from:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=280347
franzf
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

franzf wrote:
Is there a good chance that the disc has an error? Is there a chance to get debug-output? dmesg did not tell me any error.

The system is a 64bit AMD64 II X3 435, ATI 770 Chip, AOpen BDR0412SA Blu Ray Drive.

So i am sure now, it is a problem with the Blu Ray Drive! Films that worked last week can't be played anymore!!! The drive tries to load the disk for about 20 sec (the drive led blinks), then just stops! No /dev/sr0...
Normal DVDs work without any problem...
I will get a new drive next week.
Are there any experiences with the Asus BR-04B2T, or the LG CH08LS10?
beandog
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added media-video/aacskeys to the portage tree. Lemme know if you guys have any problems building it.
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SO glad this thread is here. I'm doing a fresh install shortly and I will definitely be looking at this in detail. Before I couldn't play blu-ray discs at all.
Tariella
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try MakeMKV. It is easier and works better with newer discs but it is not free (neither free as in code nor as in beer). The link should be in one of the posts.
For the latest discs using new keys and newest BD+ encryption there is no other way yet than using MakeMKV.
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about if I just want to put the Blu-Ray disk in and click "play"?

I don't care if it's commercial, but I fail to see why I need to convert into some other format if all I want to do is watch the @#$%@% video.

My biggest problem with the entire Open Source dvd/tv crowd is that they seem to think I want to store it and burn it to non-proprietary formats. I don't. I don't want to break any copyright laws. I don't want to copy it and give it to my friends. I don't want to store it on my hard drive, I already have it on a disc. I don't need to "back it up" just in case. I just want to watch it. Put it in, grab the popcorn and turn off the lights. Without spending 3 days trying to wade through configuration files.

Is there some product that does that?
BitJam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, there is no product that runs on Linux that does exactly what you want. But your ire at the "entire Open Source dvd/tv crowd" is completely misplaced. Many (probably most) of us want what you want, which is to just click one button and see the movie we purchased or rented legally without "breaking any copyright laws". Unfortunately, the movie media monopoly, in their infinite wisdom, have made this impossible. We are lucky we are able to get movies to play at all on our Linux computers.

The whole "back it up just in case" rationale is a way to use a possible loophole in the rather draconian US copyright laws that allows us to view movies (somehow) without breaking the law. It is more than a little ironic that the end result of all the copy-protection the MPAA has insisted upon has forced many people to copy their discs in order to legally view them.

Even though there is nothing that does exactly what you want, the MakeMKV program comes the closest. It is able to stream dvds and blu-rays so you can watch a blu-ray movie without first copying it to your hard drive. This is not quite as simple as clicking one button but it is close. I don't have a blu-ray drive (yet) but I've tested the MakeMKV streaming feature on a dvd and it's worked with Mplayer, SMplayer, and Xine. I've also heard that it works with XBMC. You can Google around for directions on how to do this. I used the following command to start the streaming:
Code:
$ makemkvcon stream disc:0

Then to view the movie I merely had to point a video player at an http://localhost:51000/stream/$FILE URL. You can see what URLs are available by pointing a browser http://localhost:51000/ after the stream starts up which can take a couple of minutes. For a dvd, I can watch a streamed movie with:
Code:
$ smplayer http://localhost:51000/stream/title0.vob

The files on a blu-ray disc are different.

AFAICT, there are some rather severe limitation imposed by streaming. You lose dvd navigation and I haven't even figured out how to jump forward or backward. I've only been able to pause/play.

I'm extremely grateful for all the hard work the Open Source dvd/tv community has done to make it easy for me to view dvds on Linux and possible to view blu-rays. Thank you.
PraetorZero
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitJam wrote:

<snip>
I used the following command to start the streaming:
Code:
$ makemkvcon stream disc:0

Then to view the movie I merely had to point a video player at an http://localhost:51000/stream/$FILE URL. You can see what URLs are available by pointing a browser http://localhost:51000/ after the stream starts up which can take a couple of minutes. For a dvd, I can watch a streamed movie with:
Code:
$ smplayer http://localhost:51000/stream/title0.vob

The files on a blu-ray disc are different.

AFAICT, there are some rather severe limitation imposed by streaming. You lose dvd navigation and I haven't even figured out how to jump forward or backward. I've only been able to pause/play.

I'm extremely grateful for all the hard work the Open Source dvd/tv community has done to make it easy for me to view dvds on Linux and possible to view blu-rays. Thank you.

Wow. I didn't even know it could do that. Even if this doesn't give me full navigation, as long as I can actually play the movie without the delay in ripping it, I'm all for it. I'll give this a try later on.

Thanks for pointing that out!
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BitJam wrote:
AFAIK, there is no product that runs on Linux that does exactly what you want. But your ire at the "entire Open Source dvd/tv crowd" is completely misplaced. Many (probably most) of us want what you want, which is to just click one button and see the movie we purchased or rented legally without "breaking any copyright laws". Unfortunately, the movie media monopoly, in their infinite wisdom, have made this impossible. We are lucky we are able to get movies to play at all on our Linux computers.
<chop>

OK so maybe I'm a bit out of line. This is in part my frustration at never managing to get any movie to play at all from a DVD on Linux. My first device was an HDHomeRun2 which would not play at all. I'm currently sitting with a dead box in the midst of a re-install (because I wanted to) and now with not enough time to finish it, so we'll see how it goes this time. I now have what the Linux crowd seems to think of as a standard TV card, a Hauppage. That will get attention after the rest of the system is up.

Also, I'm grateful that somebody is at least working on the problem.

FWIW, I would be willing to work toward a "default" configuration of just stick it in and play, except that so far I'm so "video challenged" that I can't even make the #!^@ thing work. So whatever I could contribute would no doubt be worthless, at least for some time yet.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: