Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
ADSL & PPPoE
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eryn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: ADSL & PPPoE Reply with quote

I realize that their have been many post on the fourm about PPPoE I have searched and read them but nothing seems to help, this is my problem.

First I read through the readme that came with my internet software, I proceeded to follow those step. When I was finished everything seemed fine. I was to start my dsl witht the command:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/start-pppoe

Everything seemed fine so I trying to ping my DNS I had 100% packet loss. Then if I issue the command i get an error.

Code:
stop-pppoe
cannot find PID to stop

Next I trying software which I D/L from http://www.roaringpenguin.com I installed it just fine went through the setup without error. But when I enter the connection command adsl-start it just times out. Next I trying D/L and emerging rp-pppoe from http://www.ibiblio.org it was the same a Roaring Penguin again i went through the setup without error but my connection would still time out. If I try to use the command adsl-connect I recieve:
Code:
Couldn't set tty to PPP disciline: Invalid argument
PPPoE:read (asyncReadFromPPP): Session 31975: Input/Output Error

Also it doesn't seem that my Ethernet card is communicating with my modem, because my modem has a LAN light on it, it flashes when the NIC and Modem are talk, it doesn't flash much if at all when I'm trying to connect. I have issued the command:
Code:
ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up -broadcast -arp

which was in my README from my ISP. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to e-mail me or maybe catch me on IRC server:thrall.l8nite.net channel: #aspectfx nick: Eryn
If it help my ISP is Execulink
THANKS TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP :D
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please DO NOT cross post. Locking thread in favor of this one

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: