View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:15 am    Post subject: xfree-4.2.0-r12 broken Reply with quote

This release constantly fails when compiling tdfx-related stuff (sorry, can't tell you exactly what since it keeps failing at emerge system and I have to use another computer). Initially I thought it was due to my compiler flags, but after removing all but the default (which I used to install Gentoo last time with no problems whatsoever), it still failed. Repeatedly. After losing over a day trying to figure this out, I tried masking r12 and using r11. Worked perfectly right away. Ya'll might want to mask r12 until this has been sorted out (at least mask it with a comment saying it's ok to unmask if not using a 3dfx video card).
delta407
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you file a bug about this? That's the only way the Gentoo developers hear of such things.
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap, nevermind. I thought that r11 had compiled fine at the time I wrote my last post, but it didn't either. Same error, same spot. Don't have any idea what the problem is now. I'm going to post a question about this in the All Things Gentoo forum instead. Maybe someone else has seen this. Sorry for the mistake.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: