View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] "Fatal IO error: client killed" Reply with quote

Hi

I was just wondering, if I am the one with this problem. Sometimes (under heavy load its often) some proccesses like konqueror or amarok just disappear without any messagebox or anything (I am running a normal kde desktop with many apps running: kmail, korganizer, knode, xchat, licq, psi, amarok, linuxdc++, some konquerors...)
Then I have lines like:
Code:
konqueror: Fatal IO error: client killed
amarokapp: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdesktop: Fatal IO error: client killed
The application 'xchat' lost its connection to the display :0.0;

(none was killed by a signal, checked that by stracing every process)

As you may believe its very annoying!

I tried older kernels, rebuild world both helped nothing.
"emerge -DNuva world", "emerge --depclean -a" and "revdep-rebuild -i -a" would do nothing.

So my question, who has these messages as well?

Or does anybody know what I could try to fix it or "debug" it?

Quote:
In file kernel/qpixmap_x11.cpp, line 633: Out of memory
QImage::convertDepth: Image is a null image

And the 2GB of ram are definitly not full ;)

EDIT ( 10.12.07 ):
When a non-kde application disappears, I get the following:
Quote:
The application 'xyz' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the application.

With xyz being xchat or linuxdcpp

And I seem not to be the only one.
google: "The application" "lost its connection to the display"
google: "Fatal IO error: client killed"
I'll be going through that... but if you have any tipps ;)

EDIT ( 30.12.07 ):
I downgraded the kernel to 2.6.18 and glibc to 2.4. Still no change.

I can also reproduce it with kdialog.
Code:
for i in $(seq 1 100) ; do kdialog --msgbox "$i" & done

Wait some seconds and the messages will appear...

Is there any way to debug it? The messages in .xsession-errors are from the clients, right?
What does the server get? And how?

EDIT ( 18.03.08 ):
I still have the issue and no idea how to get around it.

The messages changed a bit (statistic of the last week):
Quote:
1 amarokapp: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 kaccess: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 kded: Fatal IO error: client killed
6 kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 kdesktop: Fatal IO error: client killed
1 kicker: Fatal IO error: client killed
1 kio_thumbnail: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 kio_uiserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
1 klauncher: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 klipper: Fatal IO error: client killed
5 kmail: Fatal IO error: client killed
3 knode: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 knotify: Fatal IO error: client killed
4 konsole: Fatal IO error: client killed
3 korgac: Fatal IO error: client killed
3 korganizer: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 ksmserver: Fatal IO error: client killed
1 kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 kwrite: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 licq: Fatal IO error: client killed
1 nspluginviewer: Fatal IO error: client killed
9 psi: Fatal IO error: client killed
2 scribus: Fatal IO error: client killed
6 xchat: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

I already removed ~/.kde and the user-files in /tmp/ and /var/tmp/ without success.
I also downgraded freetype without success.

I also noted this in the startx-output:
Quote:
xinit: Resource temporarily unavailable (errno 11): Cannot register with ConsoleKit: org.freedesktop.CkConnector.Error: Unable to open session: The name org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit was not provided by any .service files
:
DCOP aborting while waiting for answer from 'kded'

EDIT ( 25.03.08 ):
When I start xev and close it (Alt+F4 or klicking the 'x') I get:
Code:
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 31 requests (31 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

For glxgears I get:
Code:
XIO:  fatal IO error 22 (Invalid argument) on X server ":0.0"
      after 36 requests (36 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I want to note that its a similar message, but the messages in the previous posts came when the programs closed without my interaction!

Last edited by lagalopex on Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:47 am; edited 3 times in total
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody could give me a hint how to debug that?!
A strace on the program just gives that the handler from XSetIOErrorHandler is called.
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here :(

It may be related to tuxonice, because I noticed these crashes after I started to use it. But I don't know why suspending to disk would cause that kind of problems... :?

edit : I found this thread :
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2007/7/22/119987

The crashes seems to be caused by a POLLHUP event on the X11 socket. So the app lose its connection to the X server and disappear... But I didn't found a solution yet.
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up

It may happen only one time per day, but this is still not acceptable for a production Gentoo box...
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

up

Do someone knows why the X server closes the socket ? Is it a bug in Xorg 7.2 ?

How can I do important work on a website if the browser crashes randomly ?
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the problem. It got somewhat better but still have two or more each day.
I dont know what to do.

Btw Link31, what architecture are you running, with what desktopenvironment/windowmanager?
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently running KDE 3.5.9 on an T61p laptop (amd64), kernel 2.6.26.3.

I didn't encountered crashes since my second to last message, but it happened again today. Kwin disappeared suddenly for no reason, with the same message in .xsession-errors. The system was not under heavy load.

I think this could be some kind of race condition in the X server, but it seems that nobody else has noticed this problem... And it is almost impossible to debug...
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I run amd64 as well with kde 3.5.9 and the current 2.6.26 (though kernel doesnt really matter... every kernel since 2.6.18 had the problem... before I have not tested anymore ^)

Yes, I also think thats some kind of race-condition or blocking IO to timeout.
I also noticed a really huge load when my DC++ client has one upload (6 MB/s) but is fine when using scp with over 10 MB/s. (Dont know if it is related at all... but who knows...)

I can code and used gdb quite often, but I have no clue how to debug or track something that big. Thats why asked here. But nobody seems to notice us with our really nasty problem. :(
EvaSDK
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, you really need to start by providing emerge --info, we can't check the basics excessive cflags problems for a start.

btw, downgrading glibc is a big no-no, updgrading it is a one way street or you might get strange problems thereafter.
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
$ emerge --info
Portage 2.1.4.4 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.26-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.26-gentoo x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 22:15:03 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p33
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6
dev-lang/python:     2.5.2-r7
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r2
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.23-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -msse3"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/svn/env /usr/kde/svn/share/config /usr/kde/svn/shutdown /usr/share/config /var/lib/hsqldb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -msse3"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ ftp://130.59.10.34/mirror/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo http://130.59.10.35/ftp/mirror/gentoo/"
LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="de_DE.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="de"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/berkano /usr/portage/local/layman/toolchain /usr/portage/local/layman/verlihub /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac accessibility acl aften alsa amd64 apache2 arts audiofile automount bash-completion berkdb bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo caps cdparanoia cdr chroot cli cracklib crypt css cups curl dbus dri dvb dvd dvdr dvdread encode evo exif fam ffmpeg firefox flac foomaticdb fortran ftp fuse gcj gd gdbm gif gimp gmp gpm gs hal hbci iconv idea idn imagemagick inotify isdnlog java jpeg kde kdeenablefinal kerberos latex lcms libclamav libnotify lm_sensors logitech-mouse logrotate mad midi mjpeg mmx mng mp3 mp4 mpeg mudflap multilib mysql ncurses nls no-htdocs nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia ogg openal opengl openmp oss pam pcre pdf perl php png ppds pppd python qt qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline reflection rtc rtsp samba sdl session spell spl sse sse2 ssl startup-notification svg sysfs sysvipc tcpd tetex theora threads tiff tools truetype type1 unicode usb v4l v4l2 vcd vnc vorbis wifi x264 xcb xine xml xml2 xorg xpm xv xvid xvmc zlib" ALSA_CARDS="intel8x0" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic auth_digest authn_anon authn_dbd authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock dbd deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers ident imagemap include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation proxy proxy_ajp proxy_balancer proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite setenvif so speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="de" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

I have the pni flag in /proc/cpuinfo.
I only use avidemux from the overlay.

EDIT:
I dont know if it has anything to with it, but it happens once a week or so that dcopserver is frozen. kwin is stuck in a read to it and kde is completely unusable. It just reacts to nothing.
The bad part is that Ctrl+Alt+F1 will not switch to the console. But remote-login works and killing dcopserver will terminate the kde-session.

downgrade glibc (just to let you know ;) )
Link31
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Portage 2.1.4.4 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.26.3-gcc4.3 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.26.3-gcc4.3 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 07:15:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p33
dev-lang/python:     2.5.2-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0
sys-apps/openrc:     0.2.3
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r2
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.23-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ http://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://gentoo.imj.fr/pub/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.gentoo.org/ "
LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LINGUAS="fr fr_FR"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/sajinet /usr/portage/local/layman/nx /usr/portage/local/layman/desktop-effects /usr/local/portage /usr/portage/local/desktop-effects"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 acl acpi alsa amd64 arts bash-completion berkdb bluetooth bzip2 cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus dri dvd dvdr dvdread encode fam fbcon ffmpeg firefox fortran gdbm gif glitz gpm gstreamer hal hdaps iconv ieee1394 ipv6 ipw4965 isdnlog javascript joystick jpeg kde kdehiddenvisibility kerberos ldap logrotate mad midi mikmod mmx mono mp3 mpeg mplayer mudflap mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nvidia ogg openal opengl openmp oracle oss pam pcmcia pcre pdf perl php png pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime readline reflection samba sdl session smp sox spell spl sse sse2 ssl svg tcpd themes threads tiff truetype unicode vorbis wifi xcb xml xorg xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="fr fr_FR" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

The kernel (vanilla) is compiled with custom cflags + custom patches + gcc-4.3, but the problem was already present with older "clean" kernels. The only application compiled with aggressive cflags is Blender.
notHerbert
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does all this really crazy stuff happen with another DE/WM - or only KDE ?
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it was only kde3.
I tried E16 and also tried a kde4 (just installed once to get an idea of it) with a different user without any problems. Although I havent used them so "hard" like I used to kde3 with a dozen desktops and as many applications ;)
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its mainly kde3 as I use it as main DE. A clean kde-desktop is no problem (just a desktop with a bunch of application running on the many desktops)
I can confirm Link31 findings that the connection is closed by the server (client gets eof).
I just found the timeout parameter "-to [seks]" that defaults to 60s... but thats seems to be something else :roll:
so i need to go back to the xorg-server sources :x
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now tracked it to "CheckConnections" in xorg-server's os/connection.c
The "Select"-call returns an error, so the connection is closed by the server. But the error isnt checked properly and a EINTR isnt caused by the filedescriptor.
Looking in the newer versions shows, its fixed somewhere between 1.3.99.2 and 1.4.0.90. Backported the fix, and checking if it works now...
X11R7.3 has the old version, X11R7.4 includes the fix.
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems to be fixed now.
Code:
diff -Nur xorg-server-1.3.0.0.orig/os/connection.c xorg-server-1.3.0.0.fixed/os/connection.c
--- xorg-server-1.3.0.0.orig/os/connection.c   2009-01-26 19:19:44.000000000 +0100
+++ xorg-server-1.3.0.0.fixed/os/connection.c   2009-01-27 15:31:48.000000000 +0100
@@ -1005,12 +1005,15 @@
        curclient = curoff + (i * (sizeof(fd_mask)*8));
             FD_ZERO(&tmask);
             FD_SET(curclient, &tmask);
-            r = Select (curclient + 1, &tmask, NULL, NULL, &notime);
+            do {
+                r = Select (curclient + 1, &tmask, NULL, NULL, &notime);
+            } while (r < 0 && (errno == EINTR || errno == EAGAIN));
             if (r < 0)
-      CloseDownClient(clients[ConnectionTranslation[curclient]]);
+                if (ConnectionTranslation[curclient] > 0)
+                    CloseDownClient(clients[ConnectionTranslation[curclient]]);
        mask &= ~((fd_mask)1 << curoff);
    }
-    }   
+    }
 #else
     XFD_COPYSET(&AllClients, &savedAllClients);
     for (i = 0; i < XFD_SETCOUNT(&savedAllClients); i++)
@@ -1018,10 +1021,13 @@
    curclient = XFD_FD(&savedAllClients, i);
    FD_ZERO(&tmask);
    FD_SET(curclient, &tmask);
-   r = Select (curclient + 1, &tmask, NULL, NULL, &notime);
-   if (r < 0 && GetConnectionTranslation(curclient) > 0)
-       CloseDownClient(clients[GetConnectionTranslation(curclient)]);
-    }   
+        do {
+            r = Select (curclient + 1, &tmask, NULL, NULL, &notime);
+        } while (r < 0 && (errno == EINTR || errno == EAGAIN));
+   if (r < 0)
+            if (GetConnectionTranslation(curclient) > 0)
+                CloseDownClient(clients[GetConnectionTranslation(curclient)]);
+    }
 #endif
 }

Or in base64:
Code: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(Just run "base64 -d thebase64file" to output the patch...)

But I will repost (and update the title) when there is no problem by tomorrow!
lagalopex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its running fine with the patch. Previously I would get a killed application within 30 to 60 minutes... but nothing up to now.
I would consider it solved :D

I just wonder why nobody else hit that bug... or are you just used to applications disapear or on testing (where its fixed already... imo)
EdIzotov
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have the error like that with Genymotion:

Code:
Feb 16 15:32:55 [Genymotion] [Warning] ****  STARTING GENYMOTION  ****
Feb 16 15:32:55 [Genymotion] [Warning] Genymotion Version: Genymotion 2.3.1
Feb 16 15:32:55 [Genymotion] [Debug] [LaunchpadApp] Started with ("./genymotion")
Feb 16 15:32:56 [Genymotion] [Debug] [doRequest] Requesting: "https://cloud.genymotion.com/launchpad/last_version/linux/x64/"
Feb 16 15:32:56 [Genymotion] [Debug] Getting currently authenticated user from  local cache
Feb 16 15:32:59 [Genymotion] [Debug] [HttpRequest::exec] Request timeout (code: 0 ) : "/launchpad/last_version/linux/x64/"
Feb 16 15:32:59 [Genymotion] [Error] Network error while retrieving JSON content:  0
Feb 16 15:32:59 [Genymotion] [Error] [getGenymotionLastVersion] Bad request: "/launchpad/last_version/linux/x64/"
Feb 16 15:32:59 [Genymotion] [Error] Unable to get last Genymotion version number from server:  0
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [doRequest] done
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] Loading "vboxmanage" plugin
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] Plugin "vboxmanage" loaded
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] Chipset: "AuthenticAMD"
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] CPUID 0x80000001 (AMD): ECX= "65"
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [VBoxManageCore] Path: "VBoxManage"
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] VBoxManage ("list", "hostinfo") returns 0
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [System properties] Online physical CPU number: 2
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [System properties] Online virtual CPU number: 2
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [System properties] Max CPU number: 4
Feb 16 15:33:01 [Genymotion] [Debug] [System properties] Max memory size: 2001
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VBoxManage ("list", "hostonlyifs") returns 0
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VBoxManage ("--version") returns 0
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VM engine version: "4.3.20r96996"
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VMX/SVM CPU availability: true
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VBoxManage ("--version") returns 0
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VM engine version: "4.3.20r96996"
Feb 16 15:33:02 [Genymotion] [Debug] VBoxManage ("list", "vms") returns 0
Feb 16 15:33:06 [Genymotion] [Warning] genymotion: Fatal IO error: client killed

Will this patch help me?
Thank you very much in advance! I'm noob in Linux
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: