Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanDan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nordic bro wrote:
The itask guy mentioned emerald in his instructions and the demo video shows the emerald mgr flipping around with other apps.

Really? Well, he should know I suppose.

I'm not sure ( I don't have it installed at the moment, but I think emerald relies on libdecoration.so, which on my system is broken ( it's got a recursive dependancy on itself ). This breaks a number of plugins too. revdep-rebuild picks it up. Maybe this is why emerald doesn't work? I don't know. I've never tried. But seriously, E's got loads more functionality than emerald. Port the theme :)

a) I plead guilty, or
b) Please let me out of here and end the torture
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanDan wrote:
nordic bro wrote:
The itask guy mentioned emerald in his instructions and the demo video shows the emerald mgr flipping around with other apps.

Really? Well, he should know I suppose.

I'm not sure ( I don't have it installed at the moment, but I think emerald relies on libdecoration.so, which on my system is broken ( it's got a recursive dependancy on itself ). This breaks a number of plugins too. revdep-rebuild picks it up. Maybe this is why emerald doesn't work? I don't know. I've never tried. But seriously, E's got loads more functionality than emerald. Port the theme :)

Just a fwiw, I sent him an email and he says emerald definitely works in ecomp (I guess for shadows or whatever) but stopped working on his nvidia card recently (said ati is still ok). I was hoping to try that (but have an nvidia card) because using dropshadow module I get ghost shadows from each app on all the desktops it's not on :)

I also asked why most of my sticky stuff wasn't stuck and he said it was a code error so I reinstalled and that fixed it.

He also said changing compiz plugins to "ecomp" is all it takes to use them but I tried every unlisted ecomp plugin in compiz-fusion and none did anything (he said there's no guarantee any of the others would work anyway so I was mostly just hoping).
VanDan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blast!

I've just set up a brand new system ( which I was going to clone around the office ) and installed ecomorph, but the damned desktop plugins won't reliably load. Initially I wanted cube & cube rotate, but now I'd just settle for *any* of the desktop plugins.

At the moment, if I start E from a login manager, it always skips the desktop plugins, so when I switch to another desktop, all the windows from all other desktops are still visible ( as E's being started with the -evil switch ).

If I start E from a console, most of the time the desktop plugins don't activate. But if I kill ecomorph and restart it, one will *sometimes* load.

My X Session file:
Code:
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
export INTEL_BATCH=1
/usr/bin/ecomorph ccp dbus &
/usr/bin/enlightenment_start -evil

My .xinitrc for starting from the console:
Code:
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
export INTEL_BATCH=1
dbus-launch --exit-with-session
/usr/bin/ecomorph ccp dbus &
/usr/bin/enlightenment_start -evil

Anyone had similar problems?

a) I plead guilty, or
b) Please let me out of here and end the torture
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had similar+other problems including both of yours (some things would work at login and others wouldn't but if I killed ecomorph after I logged in and restarted it then everything I have set in it works; or whatever is on one desktop is duplicated on all the other desktops (incl non-sticky stuff) even though pager shows desktops are changing).

I installed using the itask/ecomorph instructions this last time, not the ebuild; just reinstalled everything a couple days ago.

I use entrance and login as non-root (nvidia card/released prop driver). I changed the session file to just

Code:

dbus-launch --exit-with-session
/usr/local/bin/enlightenment_start -evil

and now run "/usr/local/bin/ecomorph ccp dbus > /dev/null &" from a csh startup script that e17 runs at login; everything seems to run fine this way.

One thing I've noticed is I have to be careful which plugins I use and which options in them I alter (defining a skydome in cube distorts the uncubed desktop, stops expo from working, etc.). I've also noticed some undefined conflicts w/a couple other plugins enabled (forgot which but it made ring switcher act like a second shift switcher, etc.).

Many of the plugins don't seem to do anything and others are fragile and cause other problems so once I got things settled I don't really fiddle with them. It's more or less "ok, how much can I get away with before stuff breaks" and once I hit it I stop messing with them :)

I mention that in case your problem is rooted in a plugin conflict; if it helps to try my default.ini as an experiment let me know and I'll post/pm it.

edit: incidentally I installed compiz-fusion+emerald, emerald starts but doesn't do anything, so removed both and my setup is just the layman e17 overlay + the ecomorph web page installs if it matters.
LD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed ecomorph and got it working, but now anything that isn't a E17 configureation box has absolutly no window decorations.

Kind of wondering what to do about it.
artbody
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hy to all
i added and compiled gimpel's overlay

compilation was successfull for all with R marked packages
Code:
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/libecompconfig-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-itask-ng-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-echo-9999  USE="nls -doc" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] x11-plugins/e_modules-ei8k-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-winlist-ng-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-exalt-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-0.0.2  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-bang-0.0.24  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-plugins/e_modules-notification-9999  USE="nls -doc" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] app-editors/etkedit-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] app-cdr/ecdb-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/enna-9999  USE="-bluetooth -ipod -lirc" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] sys-apps/ehb-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] dev-python/ecompconfig-python-9999  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] x11-misc/ecsm-9999  0 kB [1]

x11-plugins/e_modules-ei8k-
Code:
mv -f .deps/e_mod_config.Tpo .deps/e_mod_config.Plo
mv -f .deps/e_mod_main.Tpo .deps/e_mod_main.Plo
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-plugins/e_modules-ei8k-9999/work/e_modules-ei8k-9999'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: x11-plugins/e_modules-ei8k-9999 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2139:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake || die "make failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   make failed

x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-
Code:

Making install in po
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-0.0.2/work/screenlets-0.0.2/po'
/bin/sh @MKINSTALLDIRS@ /var/tmp/portage/x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-0.0.2/image//usr/lib64/enlightenment/modules/screenlets
/bin/sh: @MKINSTALLDIRS@: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-0.0.2/work/screenlets-0.0.2/po'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
 * ERROR: x11-plugins/e_modules-screenlets-0.0.2 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_install
 *             environment, line 2589:  Called die
 *       make DESTDIR="${D}" install || die "install failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   install failed
x11-plugins/e_modules-ei8k-

ecomorph is starting from gdm-loginscreen

sometimes windows appear in a blank white - but if i click on the places where normaly the buttons.. are it works
so i could iconify and enlarge the window - sometimes the started application appear as it should do

swithching to next desktop shows a lot of shaddows from the opened windows on the other desktop

itask-ng gives sometimes a blank white space from left to right screen
the hight is the maximumscale from the icons

fine work :wink:
i stay in hope it'll get stable
die-hard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have some problem when i try to run enlightenment -evil system run this error

error while loading shared libraries: libeet.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

die-hard, I was with those problems too. If I install eet-1.0 it complains about libeet.so.0, if I install eet-0.* it complains about libeet.so.1

I installed the newest version and manually installed the old one into /usr/local, then symlinked the lib to /usr/lib. No complainings anymore :P
die-hard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
die-hard, I was with those problems too. If I install eet-1.0 it complains about libeet.so.0, if I install eet-0.* it complains about libeet.so.1

I installed the newest version and manually installed the old one into /usr/local, then symlinked the lib to /usr/lib. No complainings anymore :P

When i select ecomorph from gdm, e17 work fine, but only e17, without effects :(. Where i come in error?
ruta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm pretty bad at this stuff, but I always wanted to try compiz (and didn't want to give up my e), so I was excited to hear about this. But I must be doing something wrong. I got the ecomorph stuff off of layman following gimpel's layman instructions. From my understanding, this not only included ecomorph, but the modified e-r1 that was prepared for ecomorph by gimpel. Anyway, so when I tried to merge ecomorph, it got git and its deps first (these seem to work fine), but the new e fails. The error message seems quite long, and I'm not sure exactly what went wrong. Is it okay if I get ecomorph without the new e, or will it not work at all? This is what e gives me when I try to get the new one (which it seems git is getting):

Code:
 * ERROR: x11-wm/e-9999-r1 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2958:  Called enlightenment_src_compile
 *             environment, line 1727:  Called enlightenment_die 'src_compile'
 *             environment, line 1697:  Called die

This is some of the stuff directly before, but I'm not really sure where everything went wrong, and it doesn't seem particularly useful.
Code:

eo.po:3155: keyword "eef8cab2cb6f039b529ffc89deb21a0dcab03df" unknown
eo.po:3155: keyword "po" unknown
eo.po:3155: keyword "eo" unknown
eo.po:3155: keyword "po" unknown
eo.po:6322: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3093: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6329: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3124: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6332: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3129: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6335: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3133: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6338: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3137: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6341: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3141: ...this is the location of the first definition
eo.po:6344: duplicate message definition...
eo.po:3146: ...this is the location of the first definition
/usr/bin/msgmerge: found 119 fatal errors
make[3]: *** [eo.po] Error 1
....................................................................................................................................................................................... done.
............................................................................... done.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e17/apps/e/po'
make[2]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e17/apps/e/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e17/apps/e'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Before this point, there's a lot of lines of po unknown, eo unknown, etc.

I know this is rather vague, but can anybody help me, perhaps? I'm not very good at these ebuild things, but I'd really like to try out ecomorph!
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruta wrote:
Hi everyone! I'm pretty bad at this stuff, but I always wanted to

You can edit "po" out of the "SUBDIRS" line in either Makefile or Makefile.am if you want; that will stop it from building and bypass whatever the problem is. I think they're language files or some crap so if you're english it shouldn't make any difference.

Probably would be best to cut it from Makefile.am before the makefiles are generated (in case "po" is propagated elsewhere). I didn't use the ecomorph ebuild so don't know how you'd catch it if it's rolled in amongst other pkgs - maybe just watch the screen? It's possible to ctl-z just as the problem pkg is untar'd, make the edit, save, then "fg".

What I'd do if this was a stand-alone thing or if ecomorph ebuild will accept that it's been installed and not re-do it, is to "ebuild <path to problem ebuild> unpack", go to the unpacked dir, edit/save Makefile.am. Then "ebuild <> compile" and "ebuild <> merge". Proceed w/ecomorph merge from there.
ruta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nordic bro. If it's a language problem, I think I may know what caused it. I've been having minor locale bugs since I set up my system for Japanese input. It's never caused any problems, as it always just says it falls back to the standard locale ("C" or POSIX). I wonder if that's what's causing this problem? I'll try and sort it out, and if it's still a problem, I'll try editing out the line in the makefile like you suggested.
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a language problem per se but IMM something in the tar itself is broken. In years of compiling stuff on my own, those infrequent times I hit a snag it is invariably something to do with po files. The whole thing is fragile or error prone or aren't checked well or who knows what. So while I'd be surprised if there's anything in your env that can get around this (and would like to hear if you get it going that way), most likely you will need to compile around it.
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruta,
http://code.google.com/p/itask-module/wiki/Stuff
Here he says that if you got problems with .po files you must copy then from CVS trunk. Well, it worked for me =S

VanDan, I'm with the very same problem that you're having. It all used to work some time ago... but now I get only this bugged cube =P
balkira
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Congrats! Reply with quote

Good job, working like a charm!

I was slowly going to kde-4 because of compiz, but this surely makes me come back to e17.
gotdamit I'm happy!

Thanks for the work,
bmpvieira
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, when I try to compile x11-wm/e-9999-r1 using gimpel's overlay I get this:

Code:
e_config.c:1804: error: 'ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE_SOFTWARE_X11_16' undeclared (first use in this function)
balkira
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here for the past 2 days.
I don't have the time to browse the source for now.

Let's be patient :wink:

Thanks for reading,
gimpel
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmpvieira wrote:
Hi everyone, when I try to compile x11-wm/e-9999-r1 using gimpel's overlay I get this:

Code:
e_config.c:1804: error: 'ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE_SOFTWARE_X11_16' undeclared (first use in this function)

ecomp is broken with current EFL, ecore in that case.

ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE_SOFTWARE_X11_16 is now called ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE_SOFTWARE_16_X11 and lots of others got renamed too (for whatever reason)

Until jeffdameth syncs it to current EFL, ecomp overlay is useless.
die-hard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
VaioTux ~ # emerge ecomorph
Calculating dependencies -!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/local/layman/ecomp/x11-wm/e/e-9999-r1.ebuild
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 867
!!! Expected: 709

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=x11-wm/e-9999-r1" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- x11-wm/e-9999-r1 (masked by: corruption)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
(dependency required by "x11-wm/ecomorph-9999" [ebuild])

VaioTux ~ #

who can help me?
GroMeZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

die-hard wrote:
Code:
VaioTux ~ # emerge ecomorph
Calculating dependencies -!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/local/layman/ecomp/x11-wm/e/e-9999-r1.ebuild
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 867
!!! Expected: 709

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=x11-wm/e-9999-r1" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- x11-wm/e-9999-r1 (masked by: corruption)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
(dependency required by "x11-wm/ecomorph-9999" [ebuild])

VaioTux ~ #

who can help me?

Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/local/layman/ecomp/x11-wm/e/e-9999-r1.ebuild manifest
die-hard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, now emerge work fine, but compiling not work.

I receive this error:

Code:
e_config.c:1804: error: 'ECORE_EVAS_ENGINE_SOFTWARE_16_X11' undeclared (first use in this function) e_config.c:1804: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once e_config.c:1804: error: for each function it appears in.) make3?:  [e_config.o] Error 1 make3?:  Waiting for unfinished jobs.... mv -f .deps/e_border.Tpo .deps/e_border.Po make3?: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e/src/bin' make2?:  [all-recursive] Error 1 make2?: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e/src' make1?:  [all-recursive] Error 1 make1?: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/work/e' make:  all? Error 2
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ecomorph code afaik hasn't been updated in months and e17 has. it's most likely you are never going to get it to compile/work as-is.
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nordic bro wrote:
Quote:

ecomorph code afaik hasn't been updated in months and e17 has. it's most likely you are never going to get it to compile/work as-is.

looks like ecomorph has been updated for newer e17 code; start at the first msg after "aug 22" (I'm guessing you will need to do this by hand, not an ebuild). I haven't updated e for months so I think I'm going to give this a try too - should be 'fun' :)

http://code.google.com/p/itask-module/wiki/Stuff
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since I brought this up last I figure I should add that he's changed the list of msgs on his site.

last night when he posted the new tars his notice was the last msg on the link. this morning when I looked there were a bunch of problems ppl had that followed his notice.

now I looked again and he's removed all those posts of problems and again his notice is the final msg. sounds like he moved those problem posts to the "issues" tab so ppl will probably want to be sure to look through those before starting.

edit: hmm, I don't see any of the problems in issues tab that ecomorph ppl were posting since last night; maybe they were just nimrod problems the user(s) got sorted out on their own. or it was fixed in the compiz tar which has a little bit newer of a timestamp than the rest.
die-hard
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
VaioTux e # emerge ecomorph
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Verifying ebuild Manifests...

>>> Emerging (1 of 2) x11-wm/e-9999-r1 to /
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                      [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
 * Using user server for live sources: http://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/trunk
 * This is a LIVE SOURCES ebuild.
 * That means there are NO promises it will work.
 * If it fails to build, FIX THE CODE YOURSELF
 * before reporting any issues.
>>> Unpacking source...
 * git update start -->
 *    repository: git://staff.get-e.org/users/jeffdameth/e.git
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref ecomorph
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2771:  Called git_src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2167:  Called git_fetch
 *             environment, line 2149:  Called die
 *               ${EGIT_UPDATE_CMD} ${EGIT_OPTIONS} origin ${EGIT_BRANCH}:${EGIT_BRANCH} || die "${EGIT}: can't update from ${EGIT_REPO_URI}.";
 *  The die message:
 *   git.eclass: can't update from git://staff.get-e.org/users/jeffdameth/e.git.
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/temp/environment'.

* Messages for package x11-wm/e-9999-r1:

* This is a LIVE SOURCES ebuild.
 * That means there are NO promises it will work.
 * If it fails to build, FIX THE CODE YOURSELF
 * before reporting any issues.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2771:  Called git_src_unpack
 *             environment, line 2167:  Called git_fetch
 *             environment, line 2149:  Called die
 *               ${EGIT_UPDATE_CMD} ${EGIT_OPTIONS} origin ${EGIT_BRANCH}:${EGIT_BRANCH} || die "${EGIT}: can't update from ${EGIT_REPO_URI}.";
 *  The die message:
 *   git.eclass: can't update from git://staff.get-e.org/users/jeffdameth/e.git.
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-wm/e-9999-r1/temp/environment'.
VaioTux e #

git repository is ok. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: