Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
openrc support thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulbiz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paulbiz wrote:
My /etc/init.d/net.* did not get deleted, but now it boots without waiting for network (wlan0) to come up, and services that depend on network never start even after I've got an IP from the DHCP server. In the old days it would connect to wireless, get IP, then run ntp and everything else that needs network. Am I doing something wrong? rc-status shows those other services with a "Scheduled" status, even though net.wlan0 has "Started" status. Even if I "zap" it and try to start, it tells me it is waiting for net.eth1 or net.eth2 (no mention of net.wlan0 after I've manually started it). How can I force it to know the network is now available? Is not net.wlan0 in "Started" status enough for it?

Also, these services have "Crashed" status:
Code:
sensord
dictd
irqbalance
smartd

To follow up on my own post, I upgraded openrc and baselayout on my laptop, taking care to make a backup copy of /etc/conf.d/net first. After it wiped it out, I went back in and set everything the way it was before (I'm still not entirely clear on why it is being wiped out intentionally, the files looked nearly identical). The laptop rebooted and got network and everything just fine, so hopefully I can set /etc/conf.d/net on my desktop and get everything back to normal.
iamben
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, nice work, lots of cool new stuff.

i did get a little blind-sided by the conf.d/net disappearance, but no biggie. however, now that i try to create a new one, i get it all to work as expected *except* for my one custom route. i thought i could more or less use the same setup as baselayout-1, but its not working. here's my config:
Code:
config_eth0="dhcp"
dhcp_eth0="nodns nogateway"

config_eth1="dhcp"
routes_eth0="172.21.132.0/24 via 172.21.135.254"

but the resulting route table is
Code:
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
adsl-70-255-19- *               255.255.255.248 U     3      0        0 eth1
172.21.135.0    *               255.255.255.0   U     2      0        0 eth0
link-local      *               255.255.0.0     U     2      0        0 eth0
loopback        localhost       255.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 lo
default         adsl-70-255-19- 0.0.0.0         UG    3      0        0 eth1

on baselayout-1, it also would have a route like this:
Code:
172.21.132.0    172.21.135.254  255.255.255.0   UG    0      0        0 eth0

i hope my problem is clear =) any help appreciated
skylen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: baselayout-2 and OpenRC wiped out my /etc/conf.d/net config! Reply with quote

Nerdanel wrote:
The update wiped out my /etc/conf.d/net too. I tried to fix everything as well as I could, but I'm a little afraid of rebooting and seeing that I made a typo somewhere.

Me too! It wiped out my /etc/conf.d/net also, which had all my WEP keys and ESSIDs in it for the WLANs I use. This *really* sucks. Why couldn't it at least keep a copy of the user-modified config files before wiping them out?

I am upset about this, but I will try to fix it.
fridrik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: virtualbox etc; my conf.d/net Reply with quote

thanks for the hints about conf.d/net and virtualbox
here is mine, if that my help
Code:
associate_order="forcepreferredonly"

preferred_aps() {
   "one"
   "two"
}

key_two="s:thekey enc restricted"
mac_essid_000000000000="one"

bridge_br0="eth1 vbox0"
config_eth1="null"
tuntap_vbox0="tap"
config_vbox0="null"

RC_NEED_br0="net.eth1 net.vbox0"
brctl_br0="setfd 0"
depend_br0()
{
   need net.eth1
   need net.vbox0
}

config_ppp0="ppp"
pppd_ppp0() {
  "persist"
  "call exampleras"
}
link_ppp0="pty \"pptp ras.example.com --nolaunchpppd\""
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@skylen:
you were complaining that the behavior of baselayout-2 sucks.
since you are quite new to the forums i assume you are quite new to gentoo in general.
so, why do you run a ~arch system if you are not able to deal with the predictable results?
i suggest to use a stable system. i think this is more what you expect.

@developers:
baselayout-2 brings feelable speedup during boot. well done.
nevertheless i suggest to add at least a note that the network config files are beeing deleted.
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops. it seems like i just ran into a little problem
Code:
xeon ~ # rc-status
Runlevel: default
 hdparm                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 metalog                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 acpid                                                                                                               [  started  ]
 dbus                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 hald                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 net.eth0                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 ntp-client                                                                                                          [  started  ]
 portmap                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 netmount                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 xdm                                                                                                                 [  started  ]
 samba                                                                                                               [  started  ]
 smartd                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 sshd                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 xinetd                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 local                                                                                                               [  started  ]
Runlevel: UNASSIGNED
 udev-postmount                                                                                                      [  started  ]
xeon ~ # rc-update add udev-postmount default
 * udev-postmount added to runlevel default
xeon ~ # rc-status
Runlevel: default
 hdparm                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 metalog                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 acpid                                                                                                               [  started  ]
 dbus                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 hald                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 net.eth0                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 ntp-client                                                                                                          [  started  ]
 portmap                                                                                                             [  started  ]
 netmount                                                                                                            [  started  ]
 xdm                                                                                                                 [  started  ]
 samba                                                                                                               [  started  ]
 smartd                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 sshd                                                                                                                [  started  ]
 udev-postmount                                                                                                      [  started  ]
 xinetd                                                                                                              [  started  ]
 local                                                                                                               [  started  ]
Runlevel: UNASSIGNED
zsh: segmentation fault  rc-status
xeon ~ #

i think this segmentation fault happens, because rc-update does not expect such a situation. nevertheless this should be easy to fix for dev team.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merged a ton misplaced posts.
darkn0th
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to backup the argument over the default behaviour for fsck needs changing. I run gentoo with XFS on / and a encrypted reiser4 home. When I first booted with baselayout2, I ran into looping errors because the scripts complain that it can't repair the filesystems (which didn't even need that). The -A option isn't supported for reiser4 nor xfs_repair. Yes you have to edit /etc/conf.d/fsck to get to a nearly reasonable result, but it *is* well known that not all fsck tools work the same way and accept the same options. It becomes a 'chicken or egg' problem but if you're going to change the core component of gentoo, you do have to take this into account and include *sane* defaults, not "this works with ext3 so should on others, maybe".

Otherwise it's nice to see things move forward to improve bootspeed.

P.S. It's not because I don't post often that I don't know gentoo well, I've been using it for 6 years before you draw that reason out.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkn0th, have you missed the big red warning here? Considering that you may have started writing your answer before the big move, this is the last post that won't go to the dustbin when a support question is posted to the other thread.
darkn0th
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it was before that.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkn0th wrote:
Indeed, it was before that.

good, because I was even thinking of increasing font size :)
iamben
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hate to press my issue again, but anyone have syntax for conf.d/net for adding a route that is not a default route? cant seem to find an example
trad511
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberLord wrote:
You need to get dmcrypt to run after root. Try putting this in /etc/conf.d/dmcrypt

rc_need="root"

Notice that rc-status sorts the services in the order they would be started, which means fixing it easier :)

Thanks for the rc-status info. That helped out alot. Still don't have it working though.

rc_need="root" and rc_dmcrypt_need="root" both result in dmcrypt failing to start since "fsck would fail". I also tried removing fsck, rc_dmcrypt_after="root", etc..., but to no avail. In addition the depends() functions in root, fsck and dmcrypt seem to force the requirements I need, but still doesn't work.

I have a gpg key on usb to decrypt /home, but the /lib/rcscripts/addons/dm-crypt-start.sh requires / to be rw as shown below:

Code:

local mntrem=/mnt/remdev.$$
if [ ! -d "${mntrem}" ] ; then
    if ! mkdir -p "${mntrem}" ; then
        ewarn "${source} will not be decrypted ..."
        einfo "Reason: Unable to create temporary mount point '${mntrem}'"
        return
    fi
fi

Unfortunately it still seems like fsck, root and dmcrypt create a circular dependency for startup (despite trying to override) which dmcrypt always loses.

Any other ideas?
trad511
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamben wrote:
hate to press my issue again, but anyone have syntax for conf.d/net for adding a route that is not a default route? cant seem to find an example

Perhaps I misunderstand what you're trying to do, but the following is from /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example.

Code:

# Here's how to do routing if you need it
# We add an IPv4 default route, IPv4 subnet route and an IPv6 unicast route
#routes_eth0="default via 192.168.0.1
#10.0.0.0/8 via 192.168.0.1
#::/0"

For you this would be the second entry or look something like (assuming eth0):

Code:
# Here's how to do routing if you need it
routes_eth0="10.0.0.0/8 via 192.168.0.1"

hope that helps.
raphy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody

After upgrading to baselayout-2, I have a big problem: not one service can start. I have a long list of "blabla not found". I did the "etc-update" and "dispatch-conf".

here is a part of what I get when I stop or start the system:

Code:
/lib64/rc/sh/gendepends.sh: line 94: shell_var: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/gendepends.sh: line 92: shell_var: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/gendepends.sh: line 94: shell_var: command not found                                                                      [ ok ]
/etc/init.d/functions.sh: line 158: eval_ecolors: command not found                                                                         
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 37: ebegin: command not found                                                                               
/dev/sda3 is mounted.  e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.                                                                                   

/dev/sda1 is mounted.  e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.

/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 66: ewend: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 31: shell_var: command not found   
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 37: ebegin: command not found     
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 38: shell_var: command not found   
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 43: shell_var: command not found   
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 48: eend: command not found       
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 50: einfo: command not found       
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 15: ebegin: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 29: eend: command not found
 * ERROR: mtab failed to start
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 15: ebegin: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 29: eend: command not found
 * ERROR: mtab failed to start
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 22: ebegin: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 24: eend: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 191: ebegin: command not found
/etc/init.d/alsasound: line 47: ebegin: command not found
/etc/init.d/alsasound: line 49: eend: command not found
/lib64/rc/sh/runscript.sh: line 195: eend: command not found

I must be missing something but what?

Last edited by raphy on Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UberLord wrote:
golding wrote:
Very pretty app! Also very well coded and there for the taking, without any really bad problems.

A few small points, though.
1) The migration page does not spend any time explaining what it means about rc and rc.conf.
2) There is a major bug with resolvconf. (What is 'uniqify'?)
3) There is a change in the way conf.d/net is written.

resolvconf works fine. resolvconf-gentoo is dead, openresolv is the way forward.
Not sure what you mean about the other points :)

resolvconf-gentoo is dead? Are you saying this just because you are involved with openresolv, or is there some official note that it will be abandoned? (The latest versions are not even stable yet, so it doesn't look like development is stagnating.)

Concerning resolvconf, I guess that golding means those scripts which are installed in /etc/resolvconf/update.d/ for several packages, see e.g. this bugreport for pdns: These scripts all make use of a helper function "uniqify" which was in /etc/init.d/functions.sh in baselayout-1 and is not available in baselayout-2 anymore.
nwmcsween
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsyslog is fubared in openrc i can't tell whats wrong with it right now since well the box wont even boot with rsyslog installed (it just stalls at boot on rsyslog). Rebooting and will post a follow up log.
nwmcsween
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems openrc chokes on hardened gentoo?
ran strace rc-status and got this
Code:

stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbfa0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/started/sshd", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=2114, ...}) = 0
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/stopped/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/starting/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/stopping/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/inactive/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/wasinactive/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/coldplugged/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/failed/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/scheduled/sshd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/etc/runlevels/default/sshd", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=2114, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/swap", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=601, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/sysctl", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=376, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/termencoding", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=765, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/udev-postmount", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=510, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/urandom", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0755, st_size=947, ...}) = 0
stat("/etc/runlevels/boot/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbfa0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/started/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/stopped/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/starting/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/stopping/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/inactive/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/wasinactive/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/coldplugged/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/failed/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/lib64/rc/init.d/scheduled/xinetd", 0x7deacb5cbf80) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/lib64/rc/init.d/scheduled", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_DIRECTORY|0x80000) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=40, ...}) = 0
getdents(3, /* 2 entries */, 4096)      = 48
getdents(3, /* 0 entries */, 4096)      = 0
close(3)                                = 0
open("/lib64/rc/init.d/softlevel", O_RDONLY) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=7, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0x383f6ee9d000
read(3, "default", 4096)                = 7
read(3, "", 4096)                       = 0
close(3)                                = 0
munmap(0x383f6ee9d000, 4096)            = 0
--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++

That shoes it dies since RLIMIT_CORE is set to 0.
Heres what it spit out after ulmit -c unlimited

The core dump http://omploader.org/vZ2c5/core
paulbiz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having trouble with the networking on my desktop machine. I have a weird setup and a few different but related issues. Not show-stoppers but differences/annoyances.

First, some background info. On this machine, my wifi does not always get an IP (no amd64 support for AR5007EG in madwifi-ng, so I must use ndiswrapper, sigh). Probably about 80% of the time when /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 is started, it fails to get an IP. I have to stop the service, rmmod ndiswrapper, then modprobe ndiswrapper (which autostarts the net.wlan0 service). I repeat this dance until it finally gets an IP and I'm on the network.

1) In the old days (last week <g>), I could see net.wlan0's connection attempt in my boot-up process, and I could see whether it was getting an IP or not, which was helpful since it failed more times than not. Now, I just get straight to xdm without knowing whether or not I have network connectivity. Is there a way to make it NOT background the network connection, and rather cause it to wait and stay visible on screen in the initial boot-up process before it moves on with the rest of the services?

2) In the old days, after I manually stopped and restarted net.wlan0, I could manually start services that had failed because of the lack of network connection. Now, they get stuck in "scheduled" mode and seem to have forgotten that net.wlan0 is a network connection. For example, once net.wlan0 is up and started, attempting to start sshd tells me this:
Code:
* WARNING: sshd is scheduled to start when net.eth1, net.eth2 has started
(if I try it before manually restarting net.wlan0, net.wlan0 is also included in that message). Even though it is up successfully, they appear to want to wait for one of the remaining (and unconnected) ethernet ports to come up instead. I can use the -D switch to force the services to ignore deps and start, but that seems like it shouldn't be necessary if it was working like it used to.

So far, I haven't had a functioning network upon boot after the openRC upgrade. I'm not sure if that is simple bad luck or if something got messed up in the network config changes.

If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be appreciated. Thanks!
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
hmm first my impressions about openrc/baselayout2 are very mixed.
I'm using gentoo very long time and always tried to be aware of warnings but I missed that openrc/baselayout2 changes. Anyway I'm lucky my machine still boots but now any network related service refuses to start. I have net.eth0 (wired) and net.eth1 (wireless) which I use on an availability basis. Is wired available (mostly at work) I used eth0 at home mostly eth1. This means there is only 1 active.
Now after the upgrade all network services complain that either eth1 or eth0 is missing which is pretty normal... :?:
Is there a way to tell services to depend on net.lo only ?
Also my system complains about "i2cdev2modprobe"(or similar) not found...
I never told it to load something like that.... I think this is something related to the new modules style, but my /etc/conf.d/modules has been wiped out....

Any help appreciated

EDIT
Devs/ Maintainers please feel free to kick my butt
Reading really helps. I just checked back rc.conf and found that
Code:
rc_depend_strict="NO"

does exactly what I want and that it's exactly explained in the comment section :oops:

So the last bug is that spamd init is not starting because auf "start-stop-daemon"-errors but this one is filed as a bug already...
Btw. boot is *REALLY* fast now...
oldium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizzt wrote:
Code:
rc_depend_strict="NO"

does exactly what I want and that it's exactly explained in the comment section :oops:

Yeah, but this doesn't work for me (at least with openrc 0.2.1-r1, I have to check 0.2.2 and probably create a bug-report). My problem is that net.lo is in boot runlevel and net.eth0 is in default run level, but the openrc looks like it is checking only one run level - sshd is waiting for net.eth0. When net.eth0 is not scheduled to be started at all, sshd starts with no problem.

Previously it was possible to select between "net" depending only on "lo" (my settings), or on one network interface running or on all scheduled interfaces running. It looks like this is not possible to configure anymore.
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter:
My boot runlevel
Code:

AMD64 zerlegt # rc-update show boot
                 fsck | boot
               procfs | boot
              urandom | boot
         termencoding | boot
           localmount | boot
               net.lo | boot
                 mtab | boot
        device-mapper | boot
             bootmisc | boot
              hwclock | boot
            alsasound | boot
              keymaps | boot
                 root | boot
          consolefont | boot
               sysctl | boot
             hostname | boot
                 swap | boot
              modules | boot

My default runlevel
Code:

AMD64 zerlegt # rc-update show default
             netmount | default
                 hald | default
              distccd | default
                cupsd | default
                spamd | default
                 dbus | default
           vixie-cron | default
           fbcondecor | default
              sensord | default
              metalog | default
             net.eth0 | default
                acpid | default
             net.eth1 | default
                mysql | default
            powernowd | default
                 sshd | default
                local | default
              apache2 | default

My openrc version:
Code:
[ebuild   R   ] sys-apps/openrc-0.2.2  USE="ncurses pam unicode -debug" 0 kB

Seems to be the openrc version :wink:
oldium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drizzt wrote:
Seems to be the openrc version :wink:

Good to hear :D , I will check it as soon as I get to my computer.
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnahhh...
baselayout update ereased mit "net" config file (I know my fault!)
Now dhclient isn't backgrounding anymore and init script waits until timeout(if eth0/1 isn't present).
Can somebody tell me how to get dhclient do backgrounding at startup again ?
crowbert
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having some network weirdness after the change. (I'm away from the relevant system at the moment; I apologize if I miss any details.)

When I boot, my network devices come up with the settings from the previous session. My eth0 device comes up with the previous IP address, even if there is no cable connected. My eth1 (wireless) comes up with the old IP address before negotiating a WEP connection.

I also see eth0 try to come up at two different points in the boot sequence. The first time, it pauses for several seconds waiting for a connection, even though I have ifplugd installed.

I also noticed that they text output by ifconfig changed (it broke an old script; no big deal), so I assume that I upgraded something else at the same time, so if this isn't an openrc issue, please point me in the right direction.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 4 of 33

Jump to: