Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
rsync version wrong when emerging portage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batosai30
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: rsync version wrong when emerging portage Reply with quote

Hello I have an intel iMac and I have been trying to put the gentoo prefix on my system. I have been following the instrucions here http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml , and when I get to the step to "env FEATURES="-collision-protect" emerge --oneshot portage" I get a Fetch failed for 'net-misc/rsync-3.0.0_pre10' error. I looked for the file at the link that is in the ebuild file and I see that there is a new rsync and that the one that is trying to be installed has been moved to an archive folder on the samba.org server hence the reason the build is failing to fetch the file.

I tried to hack the ebuild script to point to the new directory on the server but that gives me mismatch errors so I don't quite know how to fix the problem and get further with the install.

Thanks, in advance for any help.
eyoung100
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the package from the Official Rsync Website in the old previews directory. Make sure to download it to /usr/portage/distfiles.
Registerd Linux User #363735
Adopt a Post | Strip Comments| Emerge Wrapper
Batosai30
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick thank you very much.
grobian
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was caused by an outdated bootstrap snapshot, and should be solved now, sorry for the inconvenience
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: