Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Any mips-SGI developers/users in the chicago/milwaukee area?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dj604
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Any mips-SGI developers/users in the chicago/milwaukee area? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have some SGI machines that i'd like to get rid of- preferably to someone who will use them to work on gentoo-mips. I'm not really looking for much $$ for them- just looking to get them out of the house and clear up some space.
Here's what I have:
3 octanes (2 with power supplies, one that I used as a parts machine)
1 O2 (r10k)
1 indigo 2 (XZ graphics)
1 sgi monitor (plus 10w3 cable)

These are all generally working, but I haven't fired them up in a year or so, so I can't make any guarantees

They are available for pickup in the milwaukee area, if you're interested.. I really do not want to ship them cos they're so heavy (which is why i'm not putting them on ebay). Preference will be given to anyone who wants to take the whole lot.

If you are interested, please contact me at djstorm23@Gmail.com, and I can give you further details on the machines
[mod edit by neddyseagoon - I've passed the message on to the gentoo-dev mailing list and #gentoo-mips IRC channel]
thanks!
dj604
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a note- if you're in the chicago area, we can probably meet up somewhere too- as I'm travelling down there often.
dj604
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi- I still have the 3 octanes and the SGI monitor. I'll pretty much let these go for free if someone's willing to pick them up.

Note- one of the octanes has the PCI card cage with it. I'm not sure if it works or not, but I have no reason to believe it doesn't.

Thanks!
Redhatter
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't get any takers, it may be easier to just find out how much it'd cost to ship them around the states, and put them up on eBay for that amount (include shipping in the price).

I'd jump on the idea, but I'm in another country entirely and shipping would be astronomical. (My 1×175MHz R10000 Octane w/ 128MB RAM could do with an upgrade. ;-))

For that matter, you could also try talking to the Nekochan IRIX community and see if someone there is interested.

Gentoo/MIPS Cobalt developer, Mozilla herd member.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: