View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Two problems left Reply with quote

Hi. gentoo is great. i'm finally done setting it up and only two issues remain. i can't seem to get anti-aliased fonts in GNOME2 applications. i'm running gentoo 1.2 so GDK_USE_XFT is on by default, and i have installed all the fonts available and my XF86Config loads the necessary modules (i've checked the logs and they are in fact all loaded successfully), and i have the default Xftconfig. What sould i do? i've tried various sizes in the font-properties dialog, and none of them show up anti-aliased. anti-aliasing works in mozilla (i.e. gecko renders text anti-aliased). the second problem i have is that the only mozilla plugin i can get working is the (rather useless) realplayer plugin. the rest either won't load, or crashes mozilla upon loading a website where they are required. the Flash plugin isn't loaded for some reason, even tried installing it myself. (it's not listed under about:plugins). Blackdown java won't be listed under about:plugins either. and none of the other JREs will work, they simply crash mozilla when loading a page with a java applett in it. they at least show up though...what should i do?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: