Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Undefined references
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Undefined references Reply with quote

Hello. I am compiling a program, using the STD list data structure, and I get the following linking errors:

Code:

map.o: In function `__malloc_alloc_template<0>::_S_oom_malloc(unsigned int)':
map.o(.__malloc_alloc_template<0>::gnu.linkonce.t._S_oom_malloc(unsigned int)+0x1a): undefined reference to `endl(ostream &)'
map.o(.__malloc_alloc_template<0>::gnu.linkonce.t._S_oom_malloc(unsigned int)+0x27): undefined reference to `cerr'
map.o(.__malloc_alloc_template<0>::gnu.linkonce.t._S_oom_malloc(unsigned int)+0x2c): undefined reference to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
map.o(.__malloc_alloc_template<0>::gnu.linkonce.t._S_oom_malloc(unsigned int)+0x37): undefined reference to `ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Now, from browsing around online, I found that this means my STL libraries are messed up somehow, and this has something to do with the libstdc++ package. Gentoo doesn't seem to have this package. I installed the STLport package and specified -I/usr/include/stlport, which just produced more of the same errors. How would I go about fixing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Terry
mikix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Fixed it Reply with quote

Ok. After talking to a friend, I added the linking flag -lstdc++, it worked without "using namespace std;" or any other changes.
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for following up, nice to hear people's answers instead of just their problems. :)

Please, please SEARCH before posting.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: