multilibbing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexbuell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: multilibbing Reply with quote

Has anyone used the multlib USE flag with success? I'd like to write some 64bit apps, but before I do anything I'd like to hear from anyone who've managed to get 64 bit userland up and running (possibly coexisting with 32 bit apps?). Thanks.

Linux - the best text adventure game ever.
Rob1n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the multilib USE flag is useful on it's own, no. To get a multilib system working you need to install it with a multilib profile in the first place - this will set the multilib flag as a forced option. I've certainly had no issues running a multilib system - both 32-bit and 64-bit apps run perfectly well (the vast majority of apps being 64-bit but there's been one or two where I've gone with 32-bit - boinc for example). Unfortunately there's no easy way to change from a non-multilib system to a multilib system :(
alexbuell
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob1n wrote:
I don't think the multilib USE flag is useful on it's own, no. To get a multilib system working you need to install it with a multilib profile in the first place - this will set the multilib flag as a forced option. I've certainly had no issues running a multilib system - both 32-bit and 64-bit apps run perfectly well (the vast majority of apps being 64-bit but there's been one or two where I've gone with 32-bit - boinc for example). Unfortunately there's no easy way to change from a non-multilib system to a multilib system :(

Wasn't someone working on a development multilib with the 2006.1 SPARC64 profile?

Linux - the best text adventure game ever.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: