PS3 problems.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir_Auron83
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: PS3 problems. Reply with quote

Hey all. So I got Gentoo up and running on PS3, using KDE. I can now get some video files to work on Mplayer, but there is no sound. I edited it to ao oss in the mplayer setup. I am only using OSS, so i don't know why it doesn't work. Secondly, I can't install flashplayer, so viewing youtube or gametrailers is out of the question. I used the instructions from the second piece here: http://ps3wiki.qj.net/index.php/Using_Flash_Player_on_Firefox_(Gentoo_specific), but the very last line doesn't do anything. Do I need to install Firefox before it can work properly?
Third, can anyone walk me through how to unmask some downloads? I really would like to get snes9express, but it is masked.

Finally, I got gxmame to run, and even run some games! However, after I took off my PS3, and came back, I can no longer play anything. Nothing loads up, and I get the error window without text in it. I didn't change anything when I started, didn't move any files around, I am perplexed. Odd how one thing can work at one point, then stop working the next. Anyone know how I can get around these short comings? Please and much thanks! :)
alex6z
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the volume turned up and unmuted?

I don't think flashplayer works on linux/ppc. If it does tell me!

PS3 doesn't have any hardware 3d accell does it, I mean no 3d graphics chip does it?
Sir_Auron83
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh no, sony won't allow access to the RSX so it's only using the cell processor. Can't someone just hack the hypervisor?
Ahh so Flashplayer isn't compatible eh? And I still can't do anything about xmame. :cry:
alex6z
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who needs flashplayer anyway. It slows down web pages and makes them annoying!
RaZoR1394
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash is very useful for several video sites like for ex Youtube. Swfdec seems to work for the PS3.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: