Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Changing a website from asp (classic) to php
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chops07
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Changing a website from asp (classic) to php Reply with quote

Hello all Tech Geniuses,

I am a partner in an online real estate business based in Brisbane Australia. At present our site www.brisrealestate.com is an asp classic website and hosting costs us roughly $800-$900 AUD a month.

I have recently been told by the techs looking after our website that we should convert the site to php so it can be hosted on a "unix" server as this would apparently drop our monthly hosting costs to less than $100 AUD a month. Is this true???

They have informed us that such a job is quite large and it will cost us at least 10k..

Can anyone out there reassure us that this is the right thing to be doing and if the 10k quoted is reasonable.

Thanks,
Peter
alex.blackbit
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might want to take a look at this.
i do not assume that perl is used instead of vbscript in your code, otherwise this would be interesting too.
Chops07
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alex for your reply - I'll check out those webpages you suggested later this afternoon

Peter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: