View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
static
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:29 pm    Post subject: CDBakeoven not for KDE3?? Reply with quote

This morning before work I did an "emerge gftp && emerge cdbakeoven && emerge fluxbox" so that I'd come home to a wicked station. However, just before I left, I noticed the two green asterisks (I assume that means done the gftp) and a little bit later it was tearing away on a bunch of KDE 2.2.2 libs! I'm pretty sure they were for cdbakeoven (I chose to emerge that because I saw someone here mention it - never thought it wouldn't be for kde3)

Am I screwed? Will my KDE3 still work when I get home? CDBakeOven's page says
Quote:
CD Bake Oven now runs on KDE3, here some screenshots. Public release will be available as soon as it is stable enough for use, which should be relatively soon.
Please note: 1.8 will not compile under KDE3!
and I only noticed that now I decided to go there after what I saw my machine doing. I fear I've done something terrible, but I keep thinking - why would gentoo have it there, so easy to install?? Maybe I'm not screwed? I heard the two versions of kde should peacefully co-exist, but I have a bad gut feeling...
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, I wondered about this as well. It installs some stuff for kde 2, but my kde 3 still works and my cdbakeoven works, so I don't know what to tell ya.
I would assume that the kde2 libs get installed in another directory, but that is my best guess, cause kde3 still works for me, and I emerged cdbakeoven last night and then I have rebooted 2 times so far and both kde and cdbakeoven still work.
Go figure :wink:

-Andrew
static
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Yeah - go figure (despite the quote!) Fhew! Thanks again sqaunto, you been so helpful and it's greatly appreciated.

8)
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
You have probably helped me sometime as well, so don't mention it.
I am having a great time learning Gentoo, much more fun than Red Hat, even though I tend to ask stupid questions on BB https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=975&highlight= wihtout searching first :D

-Andrew
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: