New Glibc5.5 & Pthreads && Libstdc++ &&& Multilib = !@#$
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandr4ke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: New Glibc5.5 & Pthreads && Libstdc++ &&& Reply with quote

I think i was reading that pthreads is no longer viable with the new glibc.. this pretty much made me kill my system and reinstall with the older version.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with stdc++ and pthreads in multilib 32 bit environment and what was replaced with it, I think I saw something about linux threads but what header are thoese in? and is there a replacement for libstdc++ compability? I'm was getting crazy seg defaults, and what a fraken mess!

This was a very nasty surprise and I was compiling "amd64" not the "~am64".. It still shows 2.4 as last major version on their site. Seems that the gcc4.1.1 also needs to be downgraded, even with glibc2.4 you still can't run programs compiled with -m32 properly without them crashing becasue the emul libs mis-match.

You might think it would at least wait for full compability before being thrown in the stable tree. I've been re-emergeing and reinstalling fresh since Last Friday tracking this all down.. haha

Last edited by Mandr4ke on Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Keruskerfuerst
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glibc
Mandr4ke
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keruskerfuerst wrote:
http://packages.gentoo.org/search/?sstring=glibc

Ah very nice chart, never knew about that.. :) not sure how i got it emerged then if it's not marked as stable, although i had to mask it on a second "fresh" installed might be that gcc-4.1.1 is pulling glibc2.5

Ahwell after a long week I've gotten the system going so far, i tried just masking glibc but found that gcc4.1.1 doesn't work with the stdlibc++ and pthreads with the -m32 env.. and re-downgraded gcc to 3.4.6 .. re-emerging world right now and just hope i can relax this weekend.. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: