better PPPoE support, esp. in installation instructions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gwn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: better PPPoE support, esp. in installation instructions Reply with quote

i would like to see support for PPPoE right in the 'networking' section of the installation guide. I use dsl that requires PPPoE and am confused about how to install gentoo. The installation guide seems very well written, but doesn't even mention the possibility of having PPPoE.

(edited to specify PPPoE instead of dsl)

Last edited by gwn on Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: better dsl support, especially in installation instructi Reply with quote

gwn wrote:
i would like to see support for dsl right in the 'networking' section of the installation guide. I use dsl and am confused about how to install gentoo. The installation guide seems very well written, but doesn't even mention the possibility of having dsl.

DSL has nothing to do with installing Gentoo, any more than T1, cable modem or ISDN do. Perhaps you meant PPPoE support?

--kurt
gwn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: better dsl support, especially in installation instructi Reply with quote

klieber wrote:
gwn wrote:
i would like to see support for dsl right in the 'networking' section of the installation guide. I use dsl and am confused about how to install gentoo. The installation guide seems very well written, but doesn't even mention the possibility of having dsl.

DSL has nothing to do with installing Gentoo, any more than T1, cable modem or ISDN do. Perhaps you meant PPPoE support?

--kurt

yes, i should have been more specific. here in Toronto, the two main broadband options are cable and dsl. Cable does not require pppoe while dsl does. So I have mentally equated dsl with pppoe when I know that dsl does not require pppoe. :oops:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: