modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catzooka
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/... Reply with quote

yesterday i update my baselayout to 1.8.6.8-r1 and then ran etc-update, which updated all the scripts in /etc/init.d. now, i rebooted and all of the sudden im getting message such as "modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/ttyS34" or even "modprobe: Can't locate module /dev/scsi/generic" and other similar messages when i boot my system. There is absolutely nothing in my /etc/modules.autoload files since everything is built-in into my kernel. downgrading baselayout didn't work since i didn't cause any of the scripts in /etc/init.d to be changed again. i really have absolutely no idea how to solve this problem. i'd greaty appreaciate any help here. thanks in advance :)
emssik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem, but only if I login as normal user, if I login as root then I haven't these all "modprobe" messages.

And after this emerge, my OpenOffice stop work :(

I see only message Aplication ErrorAborted :(

Any sugestions what is wrong?

Regards

Daniel Roziecki
catzooka
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: same here.. Reply with quote

yep, i have experienced that too, because if i do /etc/init.d modules (as root, of course) restart none of these problems come up. i have feeling this definitly has do with the new baselayout. i had some time to check bugs.gentoo.org and some other threads in the gentoo forum, and there seem to be quite a few problems with the newest baselayout... so, i just hope that this will be fixed soon. i wish i could really help with fixing this, but i don't have that much experience yet :oops: but oh well, i wish whomever is fixing this good luck...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: