The future of the bugday project.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eroyf
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: The future of the bugday project. Reply with quote

Honored users,

I am member of Gentoo's Bugday team, and I am currently thinking a lot about the future of that project. I have been thinking a lot since I was recruited, but I think the most important value of the bugday project is that users (which means YOU!) are able to do something and feel accepted for what you are doing.
It should be a project where users should be able to do everything on their own, without having developers around.

Here is my plans for bugdays in 2007.

• Award bugday helpers with voice in #Gentoo-Bugs plus a "gentoo/bugday/username" cloak (or something similar) on IRC:
    They should work closely with the bugday team and most important work closely with the users.
    They should be reachable on IRC and be available at bugdays.

• SOCIAL BUGDAYS! This is one of my biggest dreams in Gentoo. I would love to be able to call the GWN team and tell them a history were some users in a LUG has found a place and made a SOCIAL BUGDAY. That would be so funny to see and really nice to know for me, as member of the bugday team.

I would like to use some of the bugday helpers when they are found and work out a guideline for such social meetings.
    What it would require and so on.

I have made this post so you are able to come with comments, ideas or anything you feel could make bugdays even better!

Best regards,
Alex
edit_21
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holler if you need help, Im sure I can help in some way even if its going on a spamming trip again :roll:

Bugday, another great way to bridge the user-dev void...

Edit_21
loki99
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only a member, but the new lead of Bugday as I have just read on the dev ML! 8O
Congratulations eroyf! :D

And I think that the idea of buday helpers is very well suited to get more users involved and motivated to contribute to the community.
eroyf
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot :)

Yeah, I became leader yesterday after writing this post :)

The bugday helper is really a cool idea imo, but I really hope the rest of you like it.
opentaka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, and since I usually end up drinking and staring at the channel on bugday, I'm willing to contribute next year.

surely those +v and cloak privileges will attract more users to contribute :)
eroyf
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope so, but we're not going to have a whole army of bugday helpers. And it's not the users who're going to get the cloaks. Only helpers so that users are able to see who is official helpers of the bugday team.

Good new year to all of you!
opentaka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eroyf wrote:
We hope so, but we're not going to have a whole army of bugday helpers. And it's not the users who're going to get the cloaks. Only helpers so that users are able to see who is official helpers of the bugday team.

Good new year to all of you!

right, the helpers :)

happy new year to you too! :)
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations eroyf!

I definitely think the idea of bugday helpers is an excellent idea to get more users involved within the community.
Lost in android development land.
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++ to the idea, and the hoped-for improvement in user-dev relations. I've not been involved in any bugdays, but they sound cool.

On the topic of social bugdays, I think that's a great idea as well. Speaking of which, are there any gentooers in London who go to a LUG? If so, which one, as I believe there are two or three.
eroyf
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
++ to the idea, and the hoped-for improvement in user-dev relations. I've not been involved in any bugdays, but they sound cool.

On the topic of social bugdays, I think that's a great idea as well. Speaking of which, are there any gentooers in London who go to a LUG? If so, which one, as I believe there are two or three.

I have talked with welp (one of the other Bugday team members) about starting something in the UK. Join #Gentoo-Bugs and talk with him :)

Indeed, the void between users and developers should be much shorter :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: