[SOLVED] ERROR: gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1 failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uber.grog
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] ERROR: gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1 failed Reply with quote

I seem to be having a lot of problems compiling lately (previously it was esound
[https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-506700-highlight-.html], which has been fixed). Now I'm having a problem with control-center. Here's part of the output. I really hope somebody can help me with this. thks

Code:
emerge --sync && emerge -bv control-center
[...snip...]
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1/typing-break'
if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGNOMELOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -DIMAGEDIR=\"/usr/share/control-center-2.0/pixmaps\"    -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -Wall -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/main.Tpo" -c -o main.o main.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/main.Tpo" ".deps/main.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/main.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libpng12 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGNOMELOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -DIMAGEDIR=\"/usr/share/control-center-2.0/pixmaps\"    -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -Wall -MT drwright.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/drwright.Tpo" -c -o drwright.o drwright.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/drwright.Tpo" ".deps/drwright.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/drwright.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
drwright.c:87: error: parse error before "GtkStatusIcon"
drwright.c:87: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
drwright.c:96: error: parse error before '}' token
drwright.c: In function `setup_debug_values':
drwright.c:139: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:140: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:141: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c: In function `update_icon':
drwright.c:154: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:155: warning: implicit declaration of function `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
drwright.c:155: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
[...snip...]
drwright.c:837: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [drwright.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1/typing-break'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/control-center-2.16.1 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1568:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 937:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1261:   Called gnome2_src_compile
  gnome2.eclass, line 64:   Called die

Last edited by uber.grog on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uber.grog,

Your first error is
Code:
drwright.c:87: error: parse error before "GtkStatusIcon"
parse errors indicate the source code is broken.
Thats possible but very very rare.

Does this package always fail with the same errors in tghe same place ?
If not, then you problably have a hardware or overheating issue.

If the error is *exaclty* reproducable, then remove the files from /usr/src/distfiles that are used by this package and its branch of /usr/portage/<catagory>/package from the portage tree.
Code:
emerge --sync
to repair the tree and
Code:
emerge -bv control-center
to refetch the source files and rebuild.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
uber.grog
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeddySeagoon wrote:
Does this package always fail with the same errors in tghe same place ?

yes

Quote:
If the error is *exaclty* reproducable,

which it is

Quote:
then remove the files from /usr/src/distfiles that are used by this package and its branch of /usr/portage/<catagory>/package from the portage tree.
Code:
emerge --sync
to repair the tree and
Code:
emerge -bv control-center
to refetch the source files and rebuild.

I have no '/usr/src/distfiles' directory, but I did search /usr/src/linux for anything that matched '*control-center*' & found nothing. I removed the /usr/portage/gnome-base/control-center & /var/tmp/portage/control-center-2.12.2-r1, but even though emerge reported re-syncing the control-center files properly, I still ended up with the exact same error message.

One thing I did notice that after syncing again now have a /var/tmp/portage/portage/control-center-2.12.2-r1 directory. That looks odd to me & I don't know if it existed previously.

thanks for the help
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uber.grog,

/usr/portage/disfiles is the defualt location for all the source files you download to build packages.
Its actual location can be changed in /etc/make.conf
If you have changed it, delete the sources from there.

I'm glad it looks like your hardware is ok

NeddySeagoon

those that do backups
uber.grog
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the contents of my make.conf:

Code:
grog:<pts/0>$ grep -v "^#|^ *$" /etc/make.conf
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="warn error log"
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS=""
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
USE=" X alsa apache2 apm arts audiofile avi berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cdr cli crypt ctype cups dba eds elibc_glibc emboss encode esd ethereal exif expat fam fastbuild foomaticdb force-cgi-redirect fortran ftp gd gdbm gif glut gmp gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 gtkhtml guile idn imlib ipv6 jpeg kde kernel_linux lcms libg++ libwww mad memlimit mikmod mng motif mozilla mp3 mpeg ncurses nls nptl ogg opengl oss pam pcre pdflib perl png posix python qt quicktime readline samba sdl session simplexml slang soap sockets spell spl ssl tcltk tcpd tiff tokenizer truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev userland_GNU vorbis x86 xml xml2 xmms xsl xv zlib dri dvdr nptlonly pdf"
FEATURES=""
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics"
VIDEO_CARDS="i810 vesa fbdev"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--nocolor"

I know there's a command to show my whole build environment, but I can't find what that is (?). The default according to the make.conf of the PORTAGE_TMPDIR is /var/tmp (which is commented out though).

Anything else I can try? thanks
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uber.grog,

The command is
Code:
emerge --info
setting in /etc/make.conf override defualts.
As you haven't any overrides, your distfiles will be at /usr/portage/distfiles

NeddySeagoon

those that do backups
moocha
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try re-emerging GTK2 first, via
Code:
emerge --oneshot ">=gtk+-2"
then retry the failing package.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- attributed to Benjamin Franklin
uber.grog
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moocha wrote:
Try re-emerging GTK2 first, via
Code:
emerge --oneshot ">=gtk+-2"
then retry the failing package.

BINGO! That worked like a charm. How'd you know? Was there a line in the output that you keyed in on or a bug that I missed?

thanks muchly!
moocha
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The compiler couldn't resolve the type of the GtkStatusIcon symbol. Since that's declared in a GTK+ header file, I figured that header got deleted or corrupted,and a re-emerge could fix it. Semi-educated guess... Glad to hear it's solved.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- attributed to Benjamin Franklin
mambro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this error... remerging gtk+-2 didn't work..
Code:

if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGNOMELOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -DIMAGEDIR=\"/usr/share/control-center-2.0/pixmaps\"    -march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -Wall -MT drw-monitor.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/drw-monitor.Tpo" -c -o drw-monitor.o drw-monitor.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/drw-monitor.Tpo" ".deps/drw-monitor.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/drw-monitor.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGNOMELOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -DIMAGEDIR=\"/usr/share/control-center-2.0/pixmaps\"    -march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -Wall -MT drw-utils.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/drw-utils.Tpo" -c -o drw-utils.o drw-utils.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/drw-utils.Tpo" ".deps/drw-utils.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/drw-utils.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
drwright.c:87: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘GtkStatusIcon’
drwright.c: In function ‘update_icon’:
drwright.c:155: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf’
drwright.c:155: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:156: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘disabled_bar’
drwright.c:160: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘neutral_bar’
drwright.c:195: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘red_bar’
drwright.c:201: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘red_bar’
drwright.c:205: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘green_bar’
drwright.c:222: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:226: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘composite_bar’
drwright.c:227: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘composite_bar’
drwright.c:230: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘composite_bar’
drwright.c: In function ‘blink_timeout_cb’:
drwright.c:247: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:248: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘composite_bar’
drwright.c:250: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:251: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘neutral_bar’
drwright.c: In function ‘maybe_change_state’:
drwright.c:331: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:332: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘neutral_bar’
drwright.c:398: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:399: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘red_bar’
drwright.c:437: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:438: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘green_bar’
drwright.c: In function ‘update_tooltip’:
drwright.c:469: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gtk_status_icon_set_tooltip’
drwright.c:469: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:495: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c: In function ‘popup_menu_cb’:
drwright.c:653: error: ‘gtk_status_icon_position_menu’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drwright.c:653: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drwright.c:653: error: for each function it appears in.)
drwright.c:654: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c: In function ‘init_tray_icon’:
drwright.c:711: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c:711: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gtk_status_icon_new_from_pixbuf’
drwright.c:711: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘neutral_bar’
drwright.c:716: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘icon’
drwright.c: In function ‘drwright_new’:
drwright.c:834: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘neutral_bar’
drwright.c:835: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘red_bar’
drwright.c:836: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘green_bar’
drwright.c:837: error: ‘DrWright’ has no member named ‘disabled_bar’
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1/typing-break'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1'

Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1546:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1255:   Called gnome2_src_compile

!!! compile failure
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

This is my emerge --info
Code:

Portage 2.1.1-r1 (default-linux/amd64/2006.1, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.4-r3, 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.17-gentoo-r8 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.6
Last Sync: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:30:01 +0000
ccache version 2.3 [enabled]
app-admin/eselect-compiler: [Not Present]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.30
dev-lang/python:     2.4.3-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
dev-util/ccache:     2.3
dev-util/confcache:  [Not Present]
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.60
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.13-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config /usr/share/texmf/dvipdfm/config/ /usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/ /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/ /usr/share/texmf/tex/platex/config/ /usr/share/texmf/xdvi/"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig ccache distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LC_ALL="it_IT.utf8"
LINGUAS="it"
MAKEOPTS="-j3 "
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude='/distfiles' --exclude='/local' --exclude='/packages'"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="64bit 7zip X aac aalib acpi aiglx alsa amarok amd64 applet artworkextra asf audacious audiofile avi bash-completion berkdb binary-drivers bitmap-fonts bittorrent bluetooth bonobo branding browserplugin bzip2 cairo ccache cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus divx dlloader dri dvd dvdr dvdread dvi elibc_glibc encode esd faac fam fbcon fbsplash festival ffmpeg firefox flac foomaticdb fortran freetype ftp gaim gdbm gif gimpprint gmedia gnome gnome-print gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 gvim gzip hal hddtemp iconv icq ieee1394 input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse ipod isdnlog jabber java javascript jikes joystick jpeg kernel_linux libcaca libg++ libnotify linguas_it live lm_sensors logrotate mad mbrola mhash mikmod mp3 mpeg mpeg2 mplayer msn musepack musicbrainz mysql nautilus ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin ntfs offensive ogg oggvorbis opengl openntpd openssh openssl oss pam pcre pdf pdflib perl php pic plotutils png ppds pppd python quicktime readline realmedia reflection reiserfs samba sdl session sox spell spl ssl stream svg symlink tcpd tetex theora timidity totem truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev unicode usb userland_GNU vcd vfat video_cards_radeon vorbis wma wmp wxwindows x264 xine xml xml2 xorg xosd xscreensaver xvid zip zlib"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY

What could be the problem?
Thank you
Killer Chris
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mambro,

I'm having at the Moment exactly the same problem and no resolution :(
uber.grog
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try removing the files for gtk+ under /usr/portage/distfiles & /usr/portage/x11-libs/, re-sync & re-merge (just as I had tried with the other packages earlier in the thread) & see if that helps.
mambro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uber.grog wrote:
Try removing the files for gtk+ under /usr/portage/distfiles & /usr/portage/x11-libs/, re-sync & re-merge (just as I had tried with the other packages earlier in the thread) & see if that helps.

Same problem...
Odinist
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem, too with 2.14.2 version :cry:
mwirth
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here with 2.16.1
MankyD
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to chime in that I have the same problem:

Code:
        then mv -f ".deps/drw-utils.Tpo" ".deps/drw-utils.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/drw-utils.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -DORBIT2=1 -pthread -I/usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnome-2.0 -I/usr/include/libgnomecanvas-2.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/include/libart-2.0 -I/usr/include/gconf/2 -I/usr/include/libbonoboui-2.0 -I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gnome-vfs-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gnome-keyring-1 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/orbit-2.0 -I/usr/include/libbonobo-2.0 -I/usr/include/bonobo-activation-2.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/libxml2 -DGNOMELOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -DIMAGEDIR=\"/usr/share/control-center-2.0/pixmaps\"    -march=athlon64 -mtune=athlon64 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -MT drw-selection.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/drw-selection.Tpo" -c -o drw-selection.o drw-selection.c; \
        then mv -f ".deps/drw-selection.Tpo" ".deps/drw-selection.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/drw-selection.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
drwright.c:87: error: syntax error before "GtkStatusIcon"
drwright.c:87: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
drwright.c:96: error: syntax error before '}' token
drwright.c: In function `setup_debug_values':
drwright.c:139: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:140: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:141: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c: In function `update_icon':
drwright.c:154: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:155: warning: implicit declaration of function `gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf'
drwright.c:155: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:156: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
-snip-
drwright.c:835: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:836: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
drwright.c:837: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1/typing-break'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/control-center-2.16.1/work/control-center-2.16.1'

Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1546:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1255:   Called gnome2_src_compile

!!! compile failure
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

And, for whatever reason, my gnome install is borked at the moment and I only have mild functionality until I can re-emerge some of this stuff. Greatly appreciated if someone knows a fixt to this.
mambro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has opened a bug report https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=153969
/albert
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GtkStatusIcon was defined firstly in GTK+-2.10 (as you can see here: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkStatusIcon.html ).

So try to emerge >=gtk+-2.10.0 (as I will do now, because I have similar problems) and we will see, it should solve the GtkStatusIcon-issue.
/albert
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it solves the problem (at least for me).
Leio
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

control-center-2.16.1 ebuild is now fixed to have gtk+ dep >=x11-libs/gtk+-2.10.
control-center-2.16.0 removed from tree
mambro
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leio wrote:
control-center-2.16.1 ebuild is now fixed to have gtk+ dep >=x11-libs/gtk+-2.10.
control-center-2.16.0 removed from tree

Perfect, thank you... i'm emerging :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: