[SOLVED] emerge --update fails, crashes at dev-java/javacc
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jannemann
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] emerge --update fails, crashes at dev-java/javacc Reply with quote

Hey there,

I think i messed up my box a bit. I did a new 2006.1 install some weeks ago and emerged a lot of packages with ~x86 (by mistake, didnt want to). Now I wanted to clean up my system a bit and get back to stable packages only. I did a emerge -DuvaN world and noticed that a lot of packages were to be downgraded. That looked right to me, so I started, and most packages emerged fine. Now I'm stuck at javacc. From emerge:

Code:
[ebuild     UD] dev-java/javacc-3.2-r3 [4.0] USE="-doc -examples -jikes -source" 0 kB

It bails out right after starting with this error:

Code:
BUILD FAILED
/var/tmp/portage/javacc-3.2-r3/work/javacc-3.2/build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.tools.ant.util.FileUtils.getFileUtils()Lorg/apache/tools/ant/util/FileUtils;

Total time: 0 seconds

!!! ERROR: dev-java/javacc-3.2-r3 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1546:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 937:   Called src_compile
  javacc-3.2-r3.ebuild, line 32:   Called die

I'm not into Java that much ... is that a Java problem somehow or could it be a problem to go back to javacc 3.2 from 4.0?

Any ideas?

Last edited by jannemann on Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
jannemann
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, just sorted it out myself. I had to downgrade the packages ant-tasks and log4j first ... whatever these are good for. I noticed that emerge --depclean complained about these two packages and their dependencies. I downgraded them manually, ran emerge -DuvaN world again and now javacc worked :-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: