View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eugene33
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem too. after a gcc upgrade and downgrade "bjfilter" hangs on pstocanonbj
hayt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brot wrote:
first approach seems to work here, but i had to copy one file.

Code:
brotkastn brot # cp /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij /usr/libexec/cups/filter/ -v

maybe this is only needed with the newest unstable cups. But now as the printer here works in linux, pigmentblack ink is empty ;)
Anyways, thanks to Colink for the driver and the support.

I had to do the same running 1.2.1-r2. Now i don't have the pstocanon error but it still does not print :(

canon support of linux is abysmal !
mikitex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: cnijfilter emerge problem for Canon ip4200 Reply with quote

I'm getting some trouble emerging cnijfilter. It cannot apply the ip4200 path. The emerge messages are:
Code:
vm_gentoo ~ # USE="cnijtools ip4200" ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge cnijfilter
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) net-print/cnijfilter-2.60 to /
>>> checking ebuild checksums ;-)
>>> checking auxfile checksums ;-)
>>> checking miscfile checksums ;-)
>>> checking cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.src.rpm ;-)
 *  USE-flags   (description / probably compatible printers)
 *  cnijtools   (additional monitoring and maintenance software)
 *  ip2200      (ip1600 mp150/170/450)
 *  ip4200      (mp500)
 *  ip6600d     (ip6600pd)
 *  ip7500      (?)
 *  mp500       (ip4200)
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.src.rpm to /mnt/tempdisk/portage/cnijfilter-2.60/work
>>> Unpacking cnijfilter-common-2.60-1.tar.gz to /mnt/tempdisk/portage/cnijfilter-2.60/work
 * Applying cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch ...

* Failed Patch: cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch !
 *  ( /usr/local/portage/net-print/cnijfilter/files/cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /mnt/tempdisk/portage/cnijfilter-2.60/temp/cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch-15723.out

!!! ERROR: net-print/cnijfilter-2.60 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1539:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 711:   Called src_unpack
  cnijfilter-2.60.ebuild, line 90:   Called epatch '/usr/local/portage/net-print/cnijfilter/files/cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch'
  eutils.eclass, line 335:   Called die

!!! Failed Patch: cnijfilter-2.60-ip4200-ppd.patch!
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/portage'
vm_gentoo ~ #

The patch log says that the patch i rejected.
What's wrong? Is the patch too old for the source, or there is some other problem that I can't see?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mikitex: There have been incorrect whitespaces at the end of
each line of the patch. It should work now.

Thanks for reporting.

---

@all: I've just started a Tutorial on gentoo-wiki.com, on how to use these ebuilds. You are welcome to enhance and expand it. There isn't any guide for troubleshooting yet, for example. And it isn't linked on any Index (like 'Howto' or 'Hardware').

Last edited by ColinK on Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikitex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK wrote:
There have been incorrect whitespaces at the end of
each line of the patch. It should work now.

Thanks for reporting.

Now it works fine.
Thanks.
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a new "unstablecups" useflag to both bjfilter and cnijfilter for compatibility with newest CUPS. I don't know whether it works, because I haven't had the time to test the newest version of CUPS. Please test it if you're able to.

I also did some code compactification and renamed a few useflags for consistency between the bjfilter and cnijfilter ebuilds. (I'm considering to merge both ebuilds some day..).

media-gfx/sane-backends-1.0.18 finally supports the Canon Pixma series - that's why my previous sane-pixma.ebuild isn't neccessary anymore.

---
http://gentoo-wiki.com/Canon_pixma_series
basement
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the great work! I installed my MP500 (~x86) without any big hassles, and it's up and working. A question for those who have their printers working though;

Are you able to print with the highest resolutions?

My MP500 is supposed to support 9600 x 2400 dpi, CUPS reports a maximum of 600dpi (Linuxprinting.org has the same number). I tried the ip4200 (same printhead) since the patch added 1200 and 2400 dpi. There was no difference in printing with 600, 1200 and 2400 dpi though. I also tried the mp500 driver, and added the resolutions to it. Same result. Anyone got any ideas how to get higher resolution working?

A few thougts...
I came over something called "turboprint", which claims to support these printers with great quality. I lost my interest when I saw they charged money for the product, but decided to check their config file for MP500 anyway. It had different "Modes" with varying descriptions for 600dpi, 1200dpi, etc up to 9600dpi. However, in all the mode sections they had these entries:

ApplicationDPI=600,600
PrinterDPI=600,600

Which makes me believe they might have the same issue... ? They do have a "Free Edition", which supposedly is able to print with highest quality. They add a logo to the printout for annoyance if you haven't paid for the product, but I might try it, just to see if the resolution is better than with the cnijfilter-driver.

With all that said, if you have installed MP500 from cnijfilter without touching canonmp500.ppd, you can add the "CNQuality" section from the ip4200 patch and be able to use the High Quality setting:

*OpenUI *CNQuality/Quality: PickOne
*DefaultCNQuality: 3
*CNQuality 2/High: "2"
*CNQuality 3/Normal: "3"
*CNQuality 4/Standard: "4"
*CNQuality 5/Economy: "5"
*CloseUI: *CNQuality

If you don't have this section, all printouts uses the "Normal" setting. The difference between Normal and High is quite noticable, especially for larger pictures.

600dpi with high quality is good enough for my normal use. When looking at the printouts I would guess the resolution was higher than 600dpi, but I'm no expert (I don't really print alot). I'm inclined to test the printer on a windows machine with the canon drivers, and check out the difference between the resolutions, and see where the cnijfilter printout places.

Anyway... if anyone have any suggestions or thoughts, please reply.
bulki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I've a strange problem when printing with my CANON PIXMA mp150: when I launch a job, the printer take a the paper and immediately reject it :S... I took ip2200 drivers, as advised :roll: .
I tried other drivers, too, none of them do such rejection, but they print completely random caracters...

Thank you for your help
Rellig
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed the howto, but i have problems at the emerge of cnijfilter. my printer is mp500 and im using an amd63 system.

Code:
        then mv -f ".deps/bjflist.Tpo" ".deps/bjflist.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/bjflist.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
gcc  -O2   -o cif -L../../273/libs_bin bjferror.o bjfilter.o bjfimage.o bjfoption.o bjfpos.o bjfrcaccess.o getipc.o bjflist.o -lcnbpcmcm273 -lcnbpess273 -lm -ldl -ltiff -lpng -lcnbpcnclapi273 -lcnbpcnclbjcmd273 -lcnbpcnclui273 -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../273/libs_bin/libcnbpcmcm273.so when searching for -lcnbpcmcm273
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcmcm273
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cif] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cnijfilter-2.60/work/cnijfilter-2.60/mp500/cnijfilter/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cnijfilter-2.60/work/cnijfilter-2.60/mp500/cnijfilter'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-print/cnijfilter-2.60 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1543:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 938:   Called src_compile
  cnijfilter-2.60.ebuild, line 147:   Called src_compile_pr
  cnijfilter-2.60.ebuild, line 211:   Called die

!!! Couldn't make mp500/cnijfilter
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/overlays'

i hope u can help me.
dangertools
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I was searching google for quite some time to get my girlfriend's f.... canon pixma mp110 working under linux. Everyone was pointing to turboprint which i didn't like to use. So i finally tried to use the "japanese-drivers" for various other modells and wow, the driver for Canon Pixma IP1000 really worked. We could add that modell on the wiki, at least basic printing (cups test page e.g.) works, no idea what else, atm i'm fiddling with sane ;)

best regards

dangertools
Tom_
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I would like to use my MP360 but unfortunately bjfilter doesn't compile on my ~amd64 box (gcc4.1, glibc 2.4) because of the following error :
Code:
then mv -f ".deps/bjflist.Tpo" ".deps/bjflist.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/bjflist.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
gcc  -O2   -o bjfilter -L../../214/libs_bin bjferror.o bjfilter.o bjfimage.o bjfoption.o bjfpos.o bjfrcaccess.o getipc.o bjflist.o -lcnbpcmcm214 -lcnbpess214 -lm -ldl -ltiff -lpng -lcnbpcnclapi214 -lcnbpcnclbjcmd214 -lcnbpcnclui214 -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../214/libs_bin/libcnbpcmcm214.so when searching for -lcnbpcmcm214
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcmcm214
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
make[2]: *** [bjfilter] Erreur 1
make[2]: quittant le répertoire « /var/tmp/portage/bjfilter-2.50/work/bjfilter-2.50/pixmaip1500/bjfilter/src »
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /var/tmp/portage/bjfilter-2.50/work/bjfilter-2.50/pixmaip1500/bjfilter »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

!!! ERROR: net-print/bjfilter-2.50 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1543:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 938:   Called src_compile
  bjfilter-2.50.ebuild, line 181:   Called src_compile_pr
  bjfilter-2.50.ebuild, line 252:   Called die

I don't know if there's a way to fix this problem. :/ As i've read that it compiles on amd64 systems with a stable toolchain, i would like to know if someone who compiled bjfilter on an amd64 system could share his binary packages.

Thank you for your great work (ebuilds, howto ...) and thank you in advance for the binaries.
doman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi :)

First, I want to thank you for the ebuild Mr Colin Kiegel :)
Second, can you tell me what to do to make my printer work ? :roll: :)

I have Canon Mp150, so I emerge:
Code:
[ebuild   R   ] net-print/cnijfilter-2.60  USE="cnijtools ip2200 -amd64 -ip4200 -ip6600d -ip7500 -mp500" 0 kB

Edit /usr/share/cups/model/canonip2200.ppd as you say in wiki, then go to Firefox and add my printer (drivers are there), but when I try to print test-page, i've got:
"/usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstocanonij failed" and Canon print only white paper :(
I found this file in /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij, but when I copy it to the /usr/libexec/cups/filter/ I don't see that error, but I can't also add any a task to print ( I mean when I click on "print test page" nothing happens)

In log have only:
Code:
Gentoo filter # tail -10 /var/log/messages
Aug 13 19:25:09 localhost kernel: usb 1-5: USB disconnect, address 3
Aug 13 19:25:09 localhost kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: removed
Aug 13 19:25:11 localhost kernel: usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
Aug 13 19:25:11 localhost kernel: usb 1-6: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Aug 13 19:25:11 localhost kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 4 if 1 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04A9 pid 0x1709
Aug 13 19:25:12 localhost kernel: usb 1-6: USB disconnect, address 4
Aug 13 19:25:12 localhost kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: removed
Aug 13 19:25:14 localhost kernel: usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
Aug 13 19:25:14 localhost kernel: usb 1-6: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Aug 13 19:25:14 localhost kernel: drivers/usb/class/usblp.c: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev 5 if 1 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04A9 pid 0x1709

Any ideas ? :)
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dangertools: Thanks for this info!

@doman: Did you try the "unstablecups" useflag? It will install pstocanonij into /usr/libexec/cups instead of /usr/lib/cups/filter for example.
This might help - though I'm not sure if this is you problem. (It has always worked fine for me. :roll:)

---

@everyone with stable amd64: Would you be so kind to create binaries and host them somewhere?
doman
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK wrote:

@doman: Did you try the "unstablecups" useflag? It will install pstocanonij into /usr/libexec/cups instead of /usr/lib/cups/filter for example.

I've just installed:
Code:
[ebuild   R   ] net-print/cnijfilter-2.60  USE="ip2200 servicetools unstablecups -amd64 -ip4200 -ip6600d -ip7500 -mp500" 0 kB [1]

I use ebuild from b.g.o (later I use ebuild from zugaina overlay)
But as I can see, it doesn't install pstocanonij in /usr/libexec; just after I add printer in Firefox configuration I get this:
"Filter "pstocanonij" for printer "Canon" not available: No such file or directory" :(

What i do wrong? :roll:

Edit:
I do even:
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij /usr/libexec/cups/filter/pstocanonij

Now i don't have error, but printer print white paper :/
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The b.g.o ebuild is newer than zugaina's. Especially the 'unstablecups' useflag distinquishes the first from the latter. Just stick with the b.g.o ebuild and use the 'unstablecups' useflag.
If there won't be any pstocanonij in /usr/libexec/cups, then something is wrong. Please check again if this really happens!

Probably the empty pages is not an ebuild issue. Please try another driver and check if you get random characters like bulki. It seems like the mp150 isn't supported by the ip2200 driver - I'll *try* to get some clues without having the printer. :roll:

bulki wrote:
I've a strange problem when printing with my CANON PIXMA mp150: when I launch a job, the printer take a the paper and immediately reject it :S... I took ip2200 drivers, as advised :roll: .
I tried other drivers, too, none of them do such rejection, but they print completely random caracters...

edit: some hints suggest that the mp150 should be compatible to the ip2200. Comparing printheads used to work... it might be different this time. Please try each driver of bjfilter and cnijfilter. If it absolutely doesn't work for both of you - We'll have to change the wiki about the mp150.
Vicuna
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be an update for emul-linux-x86-bjdeps?
Code:
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.2"
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emul-linux-x86-bjdeps
Vicuna
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK wrote:
emul-linux-x86-bjdeps

This is the link to the emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1.ebuild. However, cnijfilter-2.60 requests 0.2 as dependancy. :(
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't build this package with 'servicetools' on amd64, because you would need to compile '>=gnome-base/libglade-0.6' and '>=dev-libs/libxml-1.8' with 'export ABI=x86' first. That's exactly what 'emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1' does with dev-libs/popt-1.6'. I encourage you to adapt this ebuild to build 32bit versions of 'libxml' and 'libglade' too! (Or just turn off the servicetools use flag).
Shan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VICTOLY!

I finally got a few minutes and made a 64-bit chroot via the normal stage 3 tarball; from there I emerged cnijfilter (and deps) and built binaries from those. I transfered them to my real install and...no dice; atleast until I recompiled cups and so far everything is working great (again) with my IP4200. I'm sure there are others like me in need of such a binary so sometime this weekend (hopefully) I'll build a binary package for both cnijfilter and bjfilter with all the drivers built in. It wont be clean but atleast us ~amd64 users will have a package we can use until things are made right (on Cannons end that is)
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. :wink:
Vicuna
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK wrote:
You can't build this package with 'servicetools' on amd64 ...

Got me. :oops: I thought this USE flag would simply be ignored. Thanks!
ColinK
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not your fault. In fact it was a bad idea to make the ebuild depend on a possible future version of bjdeps if this useflag combination is chosen. The ebuild now doesn't do this anymore - instead it will now tell you to turn the servicetools useflag 'off' or to write the bjdeps-0.2 ebuild yourself.

I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused.
Shan
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK wrote:
Thank you very much. :wink:

Anytime. Anyways class let out early tonight so I've taken the time to bundle up the packages. I can't promise they'll work for anyone, at all, but I hope they do. In either case, if they fubar your system, make you president of earth or do anything at all, its at your own risk and I'm not responsible. For the record these were the compile time options:

Code:
ami / # USE="-X -gtk amd64 ip1000 ip1500 ip3100 ip8600 ip2200 ip4200 ip6600d ip7500 mp500 unstablecups" emerge -av --nodeps -B cnijfilter  emul-linux-x86-bjdeps bjfilter cups

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] net-print/cnijfilter-2.60  +amd64 +ip2200* +ip4200 +ip6600d* +ip7500* +mp500* -servicetools +unstablecups* 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.2  0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] net-print/bjfilter-2.50  +amd64 +ip1000 +ip1500 +ip3100 +ip4100 +ip8600 -servicetools -takushipatch +unstablecups 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] net-print/cups-1.2.2  -dbus -gnutls +jpeg* -nls +pam +png* -ppds -samba -slp +ssl +tiff* 0 kB

This is slightly different from what I actually used to get a working system. In my case I only compiled cnijfilter with +amd64 +ip4200 and +unstablecups (in addition to bjdeps and cups). -X and -gtk is to void my make.conf file which I just copied from my working system.

What I did to get a working printer:
Placed the binary files in /usr/portage/packages/All
emerge -K emul-linux-x86-bjdeps cups YOUR_PRINTER_DRIVER [either bjfilter or cnijfilter]
/etc/init.d/cups restart
[Setup your printer in Cups]
[Attempt to print a test page and fail]
emerge -1 cups
/etc/init.d/cups restart
[double check your printer setup in cups]
[successfully print a test page]

I apologize for not having these on a normal webhost but I don't have a "real" one to put them on. If anyone has a more legitimate place to host them either PM me or post in thread. Once a more stable home is found maybe we can add all this to the Wiki if there are no objections

Get em while their hot:
emul-linux-x86-bjdeps
bjfilter-2.50
cups-1.2.2
cnijfilter-2.60

This site is really annoying but its the only one I could find that didn't require you to wait through a timer. The downfall is you need to hunt for the "Download for free with FileFactory Basic" link on two pages before the download will start, and that if it doesn't get downloaded for seven days they'll delete the file, so I REALLY need to find an alternate host ASAP
dhave
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbinto wrote:
Damn.

I see TurboPrint (claims to) support duplexing, but I'm not sure how I feel about buying third party drivers for Linux. Seems kinda like prostitution to me.

I own exactly one piece of commercial software for Linux: TurboPrint. It's more than paid for itself in time saved configuring various printers with my Linux machine. The authors have done a great job with it, they stay up with all new printer models (and there are many, many printers coming out all the time). I'm more than happy to reward them for the efforts.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: