dev-lang/mono on sparc ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ephemeralCQ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: dev-lang/mono on sparc ? Reply with quote

does anybody know if dev-lang/mono and www-apache/mod_mono packages are being persued for sparc architecture?
Alternatively, has anyone been able to get the generic source for these packages to successfully compile and install under Gentoo for SPARC?
gust4voz
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono-1.1.5 does work for sparc but you need some latest bleeding-edge toolchain (AKA gcc 4.1.1+) for it to work.
ephemeralCQ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gust4voz, upgrading my GCC from 3.4.6 to 4.1.1 allowed me to successfully compile mono - in fact, I've got mono-1.1.13.8 up and running now.

Unfortunately, mod_mono is still a bust. I've tried a half dozen versions, all with the same problem - It compiles, it installs, it runs, Apache2 even knows if the mod-mono-server is running and attempts to communicate with it if I browse to a .aspx file ... but then all I get is:
[notice] child pid 23293 exit signal Bus error (10) in my apache error logs, and
503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable in my browser.

Whether I use UnixSockets (which I'd prefer) or a tcp port, it's the same problem. The xsp service seems to be fine, because if I browse to it's port directly I can see the mod_mono demo just fine - but getting Apache2/mod_mono to work is the tough part.

In browsing the web, I've found many post about people getting the same problem attempting to use mod_mono on Solaris-8, Solaris-9 and Solaris-10 - so I'm suspecting it's a SPARC specific problem.

So, next question: apache2/mod_mono/sparc specific : Has anyone come across this problem and solved it, or has anyone managed to get mod_mono working with Apache2, under Gentoo for sparc architecture without coming across this problem?

Other details :
- it's not a /tmp/.wapi or /tmp/mod-mono-server permissions problem, I tried chmod 777 on them, and problem still occurs.
- So far I'm only trying https - mono man pages says if apache is setup for SSL, mod_mono doesn't care, so I didn't think this was an issue. but is it?
- currently running mono 1.1.13.8, mod_mono-1.1.13.5, xsp-1.1.13.7 (all latest stable source) but have tried many combinations of different vers.
- Have tried both mod-mono-server.exe and mod-mono-server2.exe
- Have tried starting mod_mono_server via /etc/init.d/ startup and also from apache2 using MonoRunXSP "True" - both startup fine, but don't 'work'.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: