View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtanner
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: java gui issues Reply with quote

I'm currently running gentoo with sun's 1.3.1_02 jdk. When I start a ui program and perform an action that pops up a dialog box, The dialog box has the "i" icon, but neither button shows up. It is supposed to have a "ok" and a "cancel" button. Resizing the window does not cause the buttons to be drawn. Under RedHat and the same version of the jdk, this app correctly displayed the buttons. Under Gentoo with the blackdown jre, this app correctly displayed the buttons. I also tried suns 1.3.1_03 jdk, but no luck. I've tried this with the jdk installed manually and by copying the .bin file to the distfiles directory and emerging it.

Also, when I attempt to install forte using it's built-in install wizard, I get similar behavior. Instead of seeing a splash screen with navigation buttons, text, etc., I get a big gray window, of which only the upper left corner has anything in it. It looks like the entire window is not being painted. When I click the window manager's close button, I get the confirmation dialog box, and everything appears ok. Depending on how I resize the window, more or less gets painted, but it's never complete.

Has anyone else had similar issues? Is there a fix/workaround for it? Unfortunately, I'm developing an app that will be deployed against sun's jdk, so I can't just switch to blackdown.

Jim
jtanner
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, just for giggles I tried both the forte installer and my own program under twm thinking it was an issue with kde--no dice. Same behavior. My best guess right now is that there's a library mismatch between Sun's jvm and Gentoo's XFree86 4.2.0.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jim
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: