Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Another PHP question!!!! (Nooooooooo) :)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jigma
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Another PHP question!!!! (Nooooooooo) :) Reply with quote

This isn't you standard boring...'It doesn't work'

(I hope)

Anyway I want to use netacct to measure my traffic but it need some PEAR modules.

This stumped me for a wee bit ( I am a ex Redhat where EVERYTHING is just there)

So I found the method to install the pear modules using the command line tool...however the Ebuild for PHP 4.2.1-r1 doesn't make the command line interface for php.

So I really want to know what the best method for altering a package that has been emerged.

The way I see it there are 3 options:

1. Extract the source files and copy the ./configure options from the ebuild file and just change the ones I need to change (--enable-cli) and do a manual ./configre & make and then copy the php CLI binary to /usr/bin

2. Change the ebuild file on my computer and emerge php

3. Submit a bug report

What does one do???
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Another PHP question!!!! (Nooooooooo) :) Reply with quote

jigma wrote:

The way I see it there are 3 options:

1. Extract the source files and copy the ./configure options from the ebuild file and just change the ones I need to change (--enable-cli) and do a manual ./configre & make and then copy the php CLI binary to /usr/bin

2. Change the ebuild file on my computer and emerge php

3. Submit a bug report

Do step 2. Modify the ebuild. The ebuild is very bias towards becoming a module for the apache ebuild, so you will have to do quite a bit of hacking. Main thing to turn off

Or, you could wait. I've been pushing for CLI and CGI php ebuilds. Soon, we will have a dev-php category and this will include those ebuilds as well as the current.

On a side note, do you have a /usr/lib/php? I do on my system, and it has all the PEAR modules there, but then again I have a customized php ebuild.

Please, please SEARCH before posting.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.
jigma
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:47 am    Post subject: pear is installed Reply with quote

Pear is installed.../usr/local/lib/PEAR

BUT

Not all the modules. I specifically need the Cache.php file...which isn't there.
I do have the pear files on an old redhat install...do you think I could just copy Cache.php into the PEAR directory????

Cheers for the info on the dev build.
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: pear is installed Reply with quote

jigma wrote:
Pear is installed.../usr/local/lib/PEAR

Whoa! How'd it get in /usr/local? You manually compile?

jigma wrote:

Not all the modules. I specifically need the Cache.php file...which isn't there.
I do have the pear files on an old redhat install...do you think I could just copy Cache.php into the PEAR directory????

That's wierd -- I don't have a cache.php either. I've never really used PEAR though either, so I'm not sure if it depreciated or what.

I hunted it down and found it here: http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=40

Try that, and tell me how it goes. :)

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.
jigma
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps...my bad
it is actually /usr/lib :oops:

/usr/local/lib rolls of the tongue better :wink:

http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=40
results in

Error: DB Error: connect failed: [nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61)]

Not sure what is going on there.
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigma wrote:
Opps...my bad
it is actually /usr/lib :oops:

/usr/local/lib rolls of the tongue better :wink:

http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=40
results in

Error: DB Error: connect failed: [nativecode=Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61)]

Not sure what is going on there.

That doesn't sound like a Cache.php problem. Sounds like something else is choking. If you are using the mysql ebuild your socket is /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock. Check your config files for the script you are using.

jigma
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

that isn't a cache.php problem

what is that page meant to do...why is it trying to connect to my local MySQL server???

the socket is in /var/run/mysqld
and there is no socket in /tmp

why would a remote web page try and get into my local MySQL server anyways though??
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, I thought that was your server barking at you after you installed the script. Looks like the MySQL server @ pear.php.net is dead; not yours. It must have died right after I found the link. Try again later. <shrugs>

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: