Streaming Video/Audio of Local Concerts
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soma1992
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Streaming Video/Audio of Local Concerts Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I help out at this local teen center where local bands come and play and I threw out the idea of streaming audio and/or video over the net of the concerts we have. I'm installing gentoo on this old pentium 2 box there 96mb ram I think. We have a cable connection right now but may be able to get sponsors to get more bandwith (maybe to host several T1s, whatever it takes.

What kind of equiptment would I need to get started? We have security cameras for video possibly and a stereo output on our soundboard which I'm assuming we can feed into the PC. Anyone have a ballpark figure of how much such an operation would cost or where I can look to get a figure? Also what kind of software could I run on a gentoo box that would allow me to stream video and/or audio through a web page (probably using apache)?

Also, are there any sites that deal with this more in depth where I could ask questions?

Thank you all for your time!
--Matt
]Trix[
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I suggest a litlle stronger machine with much more of RAM.
For the software check the videolan and helix (not free). That is all i can tell you.
elykyllek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: for streaming audio Reply with quote

http://icecast.org/ icecast would probably be good for streaming the audio, or if you're tight on bandwich check out http://www.peercast.org/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: