Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
PLEASE, which source files do I need to bootstrap?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: PLEASE, which source files do I need to bootstrap? Reply with quote

I must have asked this question one zillion times already... would some kind soul tell me which source files must be in the /usr/portage/distfiles before starting the bootstrap script? I have problems with my network (my shitty modem kernel module causes my pc to hang when logged in a chrooted environment) so I need to unload my modem before getting the bootstrap process started, this wont be a problem during the emerge system stage because using the -f option i can prefetch all packages needed for system build, but this silly bootstrap script wont allow me to prefetch all the stuff I need during stage 1 compiling
thanks in advance
bsolar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the bootstrap you need binutils, gettext, gcc and glibc, deps included, so doing:
Code:
# emerge -f binutils gettext gcc glibc

you get all the files. Then you can perform the bootstrap offline.
garba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your swift reply boss =)
garba
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, but your information is incorrect... i did as you suggested but the bootstrap process quits saying it cant get the sysvinit source file... needless to say emerge -f sysvinit leads to a funny error message saying "all ebuilds that could satisfy sysvinit have been masked"
bsolar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garba wrote:
sorry, but your information is incorrect... i did as you suggested but the bootstrap process quits saying it cant get the sysvinit source file... needless to say emerge -f sysvinit leads to a funny error message saying "all ebuilds that could satisfy sysvinit have been masked"

Uhm... I tought all the deps should be downloaded (and I'm quite sure it worked on my box but I cannot swear...) now I cannot check but try adding baselayout, texinfo, zlib, and ncurses to the list.

PS: more infos here... :roll:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: