View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zieloo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-395552.html

It's the author who should care about the way his/her message looks like, but don't you think posting in such a manner causes the forum to look, let's say, unprofessional?

I don't really mind reading 2cm x 2cm letters but couldn't you consider turning OFF all those annoying formatting except of the predefined styles, like [code] and [quote] ?

Thanks!
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zieloo wrote:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-395552.html

It's the author who should care about the way his/her message looks like, but don't you think posting in such a manner causes the forum to look, let's say, unprofessional?

I don't really mind reading 2cm x 2cm letters but couldn't you consider turning OFF all those annoying formatting except of the predefined styles, like [code] and [ quote] ?

Thanks!

Looks like he fixed it, at least the font size. I don't think restricting everyone is the way to go. P3Opl3 CAN sTiLl B3 HiGlY AnNoYInG JuSt wITh sOM3 AsCiI If tH3Y wANT TO :wink:
zieloo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I partially agree, but some of the colors and formatting available used this way don't make the output any more valuable, so are they really needed? Don't think so.

Or maybe I'm talking rubbish?... Thinking like this I realized that those 'emoticons' on the left are useless, too, so is the rest of this form, except of the field where I'm typing right know... Ekhmm.. :oops: Anyway, that was just my opinion, respect or ignore it :P
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I respect your opinion. I don't think you can call emoticons useless though. Maybe if you mean the image representation of ;-) Similar for text formatting, it's not needed most times, but still useful to make long posts more readable.

Split this off from the Report thread.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: