View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edibiase
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:20 pm    Post subject: EAddress Pilot Conduit Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to get my mother's Visor Prism working with Evolution through the gnome-pilot stuff. All of the Evolution conduits appear to work except EAddress, which gives me the following error (from the gpilot output):

libgpilotdcm-WARNING **: unable to g_module_open (/usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so), reason /usr/lib/gnome-pilot/conduits/libeaddress_conduit.so: undefined symbol: g_unichar_isalpha

Does anyone know what I need to do to correct this error? It would seem like re-emerging Evolution might work, but what should be done differently?
keschrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EAddress conduit has been broken from the start in Gentoo, as far as I know anyway. I just got word from a friend of mine recently that he's found a way to get around it, although I havn't had a chance to talk to him in detail about it yet. I'll send another post with his solution as soon as I get ahold of him and test it out for myself.

Ken
edibiase
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it may be fixed, but I don't know for sure (compiling now).

From the evolution-1.0.3-r5 ChangeLog entry:

Quote:
22 Apr 2002; Martin Schlemmer <azarah@gentoo.org> evolution-1.0.3-r.ebuild :

Resolve bug #334.

What's bug #334, you ask? "Evolution's EAddress gnome-pilot conduit fails"!

I think this will make a strong case to my mother about why her computer is running Gentoo Linux over, as she put it, "A Microsoft thing."
keschrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following was posted previously on a different topic by a guest user. I just tested it out and it works like a charm. I'm not sure as to what the line in question actually was supposed to do, it must have been there for a reason, but either way it works following his suggestion.

Quote:
Ximian has been notified that there's a bug in Evolution that hampers compilation of the contact conduit used in palm synchronization.

In the mean time, I recommend the following workaround: edit the .ebuild file for whichever version of evolution you're using, and comment out the line

libtoolize -- copy --force

(line 39 in 1.0.3-r4) I feel dirty, but it works.

Actually I had it in line 69 in 1.0.3-r4, maybe a typo?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: