webmin for gentoo?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gladbach
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: webmin for gentoo? Reply with quote

I have tended to use webmin with ssl only in other distrobutions depending on what the box was used for. Has anyone gotten webmin to work fully on gentoo yet? (I have, but never the ssl support)

It would be agreat day when there is a webmin ebuild, but alas, I think I am going to ahve to hack it.

if anyone has gotten webmin to work correctly with ssl, please let me know which versions you used of the different files, and what operating system you chose in the webmin configurations.

thanks in advance,
kevin
frankiboy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have webmin with ssl running on a linuxfromscratch.org distro (which looks alot like gentoo). It works like a charm. I didn't do anything special to make it work, only installing the required packages.
mksoft
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankiboy wrote:
I have webmin with ssl running on a linuxfromscratch.org distro (which looks alot like gentoo). It works like a charm. I didn't do anything special to make it work, only installing the required packages.

This is because webmin supports LFS. webmin needs to adapt to different file location, rc.d/init.d stractures, configuration files formats, etc.

This has been discused in gentoo-dev mailing list, you might want to check it out.
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: webmin for gentoo? Reply with quote

gladbach wrote:
It would be agreat day when there is a webmin ebuild, but alas, I think I am going to ahve to hack it.

There is a webmin ebuild coming. Check the mailing list archives for details -- I remember reading a post from the guy that's working on it.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: